Super Smash Bros. Brawl

CE

Anyone else noticing that Snake is pretty much getting the shank here?

Codycrusader made a post that reminded me of a conversation I had with a friend about a few weeks ago. I joked saying that Snake is just a cameo character and will have nothing to do with the Subspace Emissary, but now I am thinking that that might be true.

I'd guess that in classic Nintendo fashion they're just saving more info with him till later, since he's such a big deal. It'd be dumb IMO to have him in there but then not be a part of what seems like their focus this time around.

Snake will probably fit into Subspace Emissary easily. He is, after all, a character that comes from a more-or-less sci-fi setting, and we've got plenty of those in Samus, Fox, and Falcon (who I think is almost certainly returning). He won't be out of place at all.

This is just a question that occurred to me, but which franchises in Melee had more than two characters from the series on there? The only ones I can seem to think of right now are their flagships (Mario, Zelda & Pokemon). Do you suppose that they'll be including more characters per series this time around, or just spreading it out thinner so that there's still about the same amount of characters per franchise, except more franchises?

Just a thought, mind you.

Tiny is not a replacement for Dixie - they are separate characters, and will both appear in DK Barrel Blast.

Really? Cool. Did not know that.

And apparently people will take me up on the Forward-B thing. It would work for Running-A too, I just see it as a Forward-B because it's one of his signature moves. He needs all the signature moves he can, as he doesn't have many. The orange bomb would be fun... as long as it can't be used too many times in rapid succession. We'll just see when it comes out, no?

I still think it's possible that they're not doing updates for some of the secret (i.e. unlockable) characters. That's probably why metaknight and Snake aren't up there yet...

Yea, thats prolly true because we actually know more about them than we think (that made sense to me, don't know about any of you).

Kinda off topic here, but in Mario Strikers on Wii when you play as Peach, when ever she's gets done falling outta the sky, does it sound like she says Princess Bitch, or is it just me?

Yea, thats prolly true because we actually know more about them than we think (that made sense to me, don't know about any of you).

Kinda off topic here, but in Mario Strikers on Wii when you play as Peach, when ever she's gets done falling outta the sky, does it sound like she says Princess Bitch, or is it just me?

In Mario Golf for the GC, she sounds like she says "no no no no! you slut!"

So, all this talk of the Subspace Emissary. Am I the only one who's getting flashbacks of Super Mario Bros. 2/USA?

I know this is totally not likely. But. I think it'd be pretty cool if at the ending of the Subspace Emissary adventure mode, we find out that Wart is behind the Ancient Minister's plots. He's tired of always being overlooked over the past two decades, while Bowser gets all the credit.

Hey, until December, I can dream, right?

So, all this talk of the Subspace Emissary. Am I the only one who's getting flashbacks of Super Mario Bros. 2/USA?

I know this is totally not likely. But. I think it'd be pretty cool if at the ending of the Subspace Emissary adventure mode, we find out that Wart is behind the Ancient Minister's plots. He's tired of always being overlooked over the past two decades, while Bowser gets all the credit.

Hey, until December, I can dream, right?

Hey, man, that's the first thing I thought of.

I'd be SO happy if Wart was the final/near-final boss.

What the hell, they have the characters singing at the end? :S How am I supposed to not laugh while playing this level now?

I knew this update would pale in comparison to yesterday's, although I find the music rather fitting. Hopefully Yoshi will be able to spit out more than just fire though.

OMG!!!!!!111

I was just playing through Super Mario World!!!!!!!!

That is awesome that they're giving the nod back to the game of his origin!!!! ^_^_^_^_^_^_^

I love it when they do crap like that! Of course, his wings and fire are WAAAY more epic than they were in Super Mario World!!!

Insanely awesome!

I'm REeeeeally liking the music for Smashville btw. Very cool! It's got a real old school western vibe. Real cool.

I'm very satisfied with this update. ^_^

What the hell, they have the characters singing at the end?

Never played Animal Crossing, huh? That is K. K. Slider singing.

I'm wondering if the instrumental version plays usually, but K. K. Slider starts singing from 8pm-midnight on Saturday nights (hence what he means by "Heroes always arrive late").

I think I'm at that point now where I have enough info on the game, yet can't help but want to know more of the small things.

We're getting real close to spoiler territory (if not there already)and I really don't want to know too much else regarding new characters and all.

I just can't stop watching anyway ;_;

The past updates have been really cool btw. Doesn't Yoshi also have these wings in the new Mario Strikers when he does his special thingy?