Super Smash Bros. Brawl

CE

Nah, I see more as a "grab and throw" move where you grab the adversary, spin around and throw him back.

I guess it could be used as a reflect.

If you want a straight forward attack use the axe.

Oh yeah, forgot about the axe. I was more going with how you can actually hit people in Animal Crossing with the net.

AC smash will involve resetti, I think we can all agree on that.

I always considered him an almost guaranteed AT, along with chain chomp and Pikmin... for some reason I thought if they made a playable AC character they might use Blanca or Kapp'n. Meh I'm not as big a fan of the series as most people seem to be though (and as was evident in a previous post, I never cared to wait for KK Slider in the game either).

I like the idea of Resetti, since he's by far the most violent/menacing character in Animal Crossing, and also... a mole. A mole with mining gear and a crazed expression. The first time you meet him is far more memorable than any other character besides perhaps Nook himself, so I agree that he seems the most likely when it comes to weeding out a playable character.

If they go the route of a customized AC:WW hero, then I would assume there'd be one or two default configurations in place to allow for people who don't own the game. Nintendo will not create a $35 character for Brawl that only some can use... If anything, the custom hero avatar would be more of an easer egg.

And, personally... I'd love for Miis to belong to a totally separate character slot. If not player-controlled, then definitely as NPC enemies in some kind of extra single player mode. Subspace Emissary has enough going on in the way of enemies. After all, who would choose Fighting Wire Frames over Miis? A killjoy, that's who. Random Miis would be immesurably awesome, offering an unprecedented level of incorperation outside of the Wii "OS". At the end of the day, Mii incorperation is what adds all the replayability to Wii Sports & Wario Ware: Smooth Moves. I see it being no different with Brawl!

In regards to Animal Crossing characters for Brawl...

An Ice-Climberesque due of Timmy and Tommy?

Or the Able Sisters? I bet Sable can do something with those quills.

Personally? I'm hoping Blathers. With the entire force of the museum at his disposal!

Final smash? A shark, a tarantula, a T-Rex, and Leonardo da Vinci pop out of nowhere and lay some hurt down.

Oh... I'm really liking how you can only choose one to save. Really nice idea, wonder how it will figure into the strategy of unlocking characters. And I'll take non-playable appearances by bosses anyday :D Better than them not being there at all. But seriously, who would save Peach over Zelda

Oh snaps! A bitch gonna die!

... I just wish the boss wasn't Petey. As far as Mario 'staples' go, he's pretty lame, IMO.

--Jack Kieser

Well he's a pretty decent boss for the first one you face. I'd rather they wait to bust the big dogs out

Is it too early for speculation to begin on bosses from other games?

To heck with it. I'll post my suggestions.

Legend of Zelda: Koume and Kotake

Kirby: Dedede

Star Fox: Andross (face & hands)

Yoshi: Kamek

Fire Emblem: Fomortiis

Pokemon: Darkrai (movie promo, anyone?)

Metal Gear: Um, a Metal Gear?

Animal Crossing: (yeah right. That's really stretching it.) Um... A horde of train monkeys!

So, assuming they'll have one boss from each series, make your predictions here!

Mario: Petey

Kirby: Dedede

DK: K. Rool

Metroid: Mother Brain

Zelda: Ganon (after a fight with Ganondorf, who will still be playable)

Metal Gear: REX

Star Fox: Andross

Yoshi: Kamek

Pokémon: Pokémon Trainer-type Team Rocket character with Arbok, Muk, and Persian.

Fire Emblem: yawn

F-Zero: Black Shadow

Kid Icarus: Eggplant Wizard

Animal Crossing: Crazy Redd

Wario: Dr. Crygor

ALL OF THESE OPTIONS ARE HIGHLY LIKELY. ALL OF THEM. ESPECIALLY CRAZY REDD AND THE THREE RANDOM POKEMON I CHOSE. AND MOTHER BRAIN OVER RIDLEY. AND EGGPLANT WIZARD OVER MEDUSA.

Dedede would be a good comical character for the Kirby universe, but Dark Matter seems more suited for the Subspace Emissary plot. I'm sure the Kirby universe is well taken care of considering Sakurai made a few kirby games back in the day.

But seriously, who would save Peach over Zelda

I would actually. :-P Zelda's got magic. She can look out for herself.