Pokemon: Mewtwo

Fire Emblem: Never played it, so I'm just gonna say that Knight dude

Metal Gear: Ocelot

Sonic: (Since we already know this ass hole is confirmed) The egg man dude

Yoshi: Baby Bowser(?)

F-Zero: Black Shadow, think that's his name

Kirby: Dyna Blade

Ness: Hordes of Mr. Saturn, never played that game either

An alternative for a Star Fox boss can be Star Fox: Adventures, yes? Oh wait, that made me think General Scales would be cool.

With this upadte, I think its more likely Ridley will appear in the game as a Boss rather than a playable character. To me, that just makes more sense than him being playable.

I think Petey is actually a fitting first boss. Not all that feirce but also not that dull.

Subspace Emissary is looking more and more like an RPG in a fighter's clothing, if you ask me. I'm kind of getting the feeling different characters join your "party," depending on the choices you make, and that throughout the game, you can choose (perhaps at the beginning of a level/area) which of these characters to play as. Choices you make throughout the game look like they'll affect the places you go and the characters you encounter.

Ugh... this could also be like Soul Calibur 3's single player mode...

Whoo hoo! I was right! Let the badass gigantic non-playable bosses come forth!

ALL OF THESE OPTIONS ARE HIGHLY LIKELY. ALL OF THEM. ESPECIALLY CRAZY REDD AND THE THREE RANDOM POKEMON I CHOSE. AND MOTHER BRAIN OVER RIDLEY. AND EGGPLANT WIZARD OVER MEDUSA.

Ooook, says you. I find a TR trainer to be highly unlikely, though, as it's a lot of extra animation and crap when they could just use Mewtwo. I'm also holding on to the idea of Ridley, as he's a fan favorite... though this is more because of my own hopes and dreams than actual theory :P

To add on to a previous theory of mine, I think Bowser, Ganondorf, and Mewtwo will be working for the SE, either willingly or not. Bowser and Ganondorf could be morphed into Giga and Ganon, respectively. As for Mewtwo... I don't know, maybe he'll have some godlike mega-psychic dark powers or something. I dunno. But I find it highly unlikely that Petey is the only boss from the Mario universe. Come on, it's Petey Pirahna! He's not an archvillain! Also, perhaps different characters will have different bosses, even if they're from the same universe. Mario fights Petey and Luigi fights King Boo, each one from their respective "E. Gadd Backpack games," but both still fight Giga Bowser in the end. (What if Kamek summons Giga Baby Bowser?! Haha.)

The theory of Wart is amusing, and actually not too ludicrous to be true... though I immediately thought of Scooby-Doo: the Movie 2 when Scrappy Doo turns out to be the ultimate villain, more as a gag than anything...

Why are you all so hung up on the idea of an Animal Crossing character? Just because there's an AC stage? That doesn't automatically mean that there's a character, too. I mean, how the heck is an AC char supposed to fight? It's just not logical.

Why are you all so hung up on the idea of an Animal Crossing character? Just because there's an AC stage? That doesn't automatically mean that there's a character, too. I mean, how the heck is an AC char supposed to fight? It's just not logical.

In the original and Melee, every game that had a stage also had a playable character. And an Animal Crossing character is no more illogical than, say, Mr. Game and Watch. A moveset is pretty easy to create, actually. I'm not saying that an AC character is definitely in, but it doesn't seem as unlikely as you're making it out to be.

Also, way to completely ignore the most obvious sarcasm I've ever seen in my life in my earlier post.

EDIT: Since they're looking at a lot of more recent games, Shadow Lugia from Pokémon XD could appear as a Pokémon boss. XD was a shitty game, but a boss fight with Lugia could still be interesting.

Lurker here...

Given that both Peach and Zelda both become possessed and serve as final bosses in recent games (Thousand Year Door and Twilight Princess, respectively) - I say it's not unlikely that the princess you don't save from Petey, you'll be fighting later on.

Okay, here is what I say will happen:

First battle, you free one of the princesses.

Second battle, the princess at a castle, fights her foe. She free someone.

Eventually this gets repetitive and then before you face the super mega secret boss (Wart), you have to fight a dark version of the people you did not save.

My take:

Branching Pathways.

Kirby fights Petey, saves a princess.

If you save Peach, you play as Link in level 2 to go save Zelda.

Save Zelda, Mario goes to save Peach. (maybe even Bowser, since Mario may be MIA*)

*Ala, cannon to face and "Heroes always arrive late"

In the original and Melee, every game that had a stage also had a playable character. And an Animal Crossing character is no more illogical than, say, Mr. Game and Watch. A moveset is pretty easy to create, actually. I'm not saying that an AC character is definitely in, but it doesn't seem as unlikely as you're making it out to be.

Also, way to completely ignore the most obvious sarcasm I've ever seen in my life in my earlier post.

EDIT: Since they're looking at a lot of more recent games, Shadow Lugia from Pokémon XD could appear as a Pokémon boss. XD was a shitty game, but a boss fight with Lugia could still be interesting.

I don't think it was that obvious of sarcasm. Seeing as I don't know who is who on this board, for all I knew you were a stupid n00b saying stupid things. I apologize for assuming the worst. I plead mercy on the grounds of the internet's inability to convey sarcasm. If it helps, I'm even bad at picking up on sarcasm in spoken conversation, so I'm not surprised that I missed it. (I should have known that the Arbok/Persian/etc was a joke...)

I'm just saying that logically speaking, a character from a game that involves building a world through social interaction and item-hunting seems ridiculous. What's next? A playable Sim (The Sims) or Nintendog? No, wait, those games have Assist Trophies. How about the protagonist of Harvest Moon instead? (To any lunkheads like me, the last four sentences were dripping with sarcasm.) While the idea of Miis replacing Fighting Wireframes is my favorite of the Brawl theories I've heard, using Miis or such "life simulation" games as playable fighters is ludicrous and a waste of a character slot. Nintendo, if you have to stretch that far to stick new characters in your game, you probably have enough already. That genre makes no sense whatsoever.

......Of course, I expect the argument that Captain Falcon from FZero was from a genre that didn't establish him as a physical person at all. My only rebuttal to that is that at least Cap is a muscle-bound spaceship pilot that works as a galactic bounty hunter. The AC guys are chibi anthropomorphic animal people that buy wallpaper and dig for vegetables. What're they gonna do to me, use their terrifying Rearrange Furniture attack? At least G&W had a wacky, variety-filled moveset that established him as a half-joke, half-homage character. He was put in the game for the fun of it, and also as a tribute to the father of Game Boys. He has a legacy to explain his nonsensical appearance. AC does not.