Super Smash Bros. Brawl

CE

I don't think it was that obvious of sarcasm. Seeing as I don't know who is who on this board, for all I knew you were a stupid n00b saying stupid things. I apologize for assuming the worst. I plead mercy on the grounds of the internet's inability to convey sarcasm. If it helps, I'm even bad at picking up on sarcasm in spoken conversation, so I'm not surprised that I missed it. (I should have known that the Arbok/Persian/etc was a joke...)

I'm just saying that logically speaking, a character from a game that involves building a world through social interaction and item-hunting seems ridiculous. What's next? A playable Sim (The Sims) or Nintendog? No, wait, those games have Assist Trophies. How about the protagonist of Harvest Moon instead? (To any lunkheads like me, the last four sentences were dripping with sarcasm.) While the idea of Miis replacing Fighting Wireframes is my favorite of the Brawl theories I've heard, using Miis or such "life simulation" games as playable fighters is ludicrous and a waste of a character slot. Nintendo, if you have to stretch that far to stick new characters in your game, you probably have enough already. That genre makes no sense whatsoever.

......Of course, I expect the argument that Captain Falcon from FZero was from a genre that didn't establish him as a physical person at all. My only rebuttal to that is that at least Cap is a muscle-bound spaceship pilot that works as a galactic bounty hunter. The AC guys are chibi anthropomorphic animal people that buy wallpaper and dig for vegetables. What're they gonna do to me, use their terrifying Rearrange Furniture attack? At least G&W had a wacky, variety-filled moveset that established him as a half-joke, half-homage character. He was put in the game for the fun of it, and also as a tribute to the father of Game Boys. He has a legacy to explain his nonsensical appearance. AC does not.

Have you ever even played Animal Crossing, out of curiousity?

Axes, shovels, bees, slingshots, nets...there's a lot they could use to make a reasonable moveset for an AC character.

I don't think it was that obvious of sarcasm. Seeing as I don't know who is who on this board, for all I knew you were a stupid n00b saying stupid things. I apologize for assuming the worst. I plead mercy on the grounds of the internet's inability to convey sarcasm. If it helps, I'm even bad at picking up on sarcasm in spoken conversation, so I'm not surprised that I missed it. (I should have known that the Arbok/Persian/etc was a joke...)

I'm just saying that logically speaking, a character from a game that involves building a world through social interaction and item-hunting seems ridiculous. What's next? A playable Sim (The Sims) or Nintendog? No, wait, those games have Assist Trophies. How about the protagonist of Harvest Moon instead? (To any lunkheads like me, the last four sentences were dripping with sarcasm.) While the idea of Miis replacing Fighting Wireframes is my favorite of the Brawl theories I've heard, using Miis or such "life simulation" games as playable fighters is ludicrous and a waste of a character slot. Nintendo, if you have to stretch that far to stick new characters in your game, you probably have enough already. That genre makes no sense whatsoever.

......Of course, I expect the argument that Captain Falcon from FZero was from a genre that didn't establish him as a physical person at all. My only rebuttal to that is that at least Cap is a muscle-bound spaceship pilot that works as a galactic bounty hunter. The AC guys are chibi anthropomorphic animal people that buy wallpaper and dig for vegetables. What're they gonna do to me, use their terrifying Rearrange Furniture attack? At least G&W had a wacky, variety-filled moveset that established him as a half-joke, half-homage character. He was put in the game for the fun of it, and also as a tribute to the father of Game Boys. He has a legacy to explain his nonsensical appearance. AC does not.

Never played AC before, but I don't really understand your opposition if they were to have an AC character included. I gotta say I don't really agree with your set of arguments. You don't think the character model/art style fits, but the game is already kind of a mish-mash of art direction that I don't think it'd matter. The ideas people posted before regarding potential movesets for the character seem valid. Finally, I really don't see any link you could connect between a potential AC character and Mr. Game and Watch, as I don't think they'd neccesarily fill the same kind of role. I think the character would fit just as well as any character they would decide to put into the game and it wouldn't somehow detract from the fun; have some faith in the dev team.

Faith that they won't include an AC character?? Kidding, kidding...

As for the spoilers: did you really have to post the NAMES of the games? You could have easily avoided posting the names, and anyone who's played one or both of those games would have understood your statement perfectly, and anyone who hasn't wouldn't know which games you're talking about.

Observe:

Given that both Peach and Zelda both become possessed and serve as final bosses in recent games (Look, no spoilers!) - I say it's not unlikely that the princess you don't save from Petey, you'll be fighting later on.

Although, it might still be a spoiler for someone who's beaten every recent Zelda game but TP. And if someone's beaten every recent Zelda game other than Twilight Princess, you can bet your ass they've beaten Twilight Princess.

Sorry if I'm sounding harsh or mean, but spoilers are my sworn enemy. I make sure to be careful all the time - especially when the thread isn't about those games.

To Ab56 v2 aka Ash: believe it or not, that is a minor spoiler, so don't worry about it =)

Aesthetically, the main Animal Crossing character isn't all that significantly different from, say, Ness.

In Earthbound, Ness uses incredible psi powers and various toys to [spoiler!!] defeat powerful and humourous enemies from space [/END SPOILER], but what do Animal Crossing characters do? Rearrange Furniture attack?

But then again, if Peach can fight with vegetables and frying pans, why not an AC character? Heck, Mario and Luigi are freaking plumbers, and Smash Bros. is practically named after them.

Here's my pick of the villains.

Mario: Petey (duh)

Zelda: Ganon

Samus: Dark Samus

Star Fox: Star Wolf

Pokemon: Mewtwo

Fire Emblem: Never played it, so I'm just gonna say that Knight dude

Metal Gear: Ocelot

Sonic: (Since we already know this ass hole is confirmed) The egg man dude

Yoshi: Baby Bowser(?)

F-Zero: Black Shadow, think that's his name

Kirby: Dyna Blade

Ness: Hordes of Mr. Saturn, never played that game either

An alternative for a Star Fox boss can be Star Fox: Adventures, yes? Oh wait, that made me think General Scales would be cool.

I haven't heard that he was confirmed, could you or anyone please confirm this?

I really hope that Sonic won't be in the game, I mean I like sonic games, but I'd hate to see him in this one.

I think one game (The 2008 Olympics game) is more than enough.

All right, fine, forget it. I just don't like AC, and think that having a Brawl character from that game would be stupid. Obviously, my personal opinion does not count as a viable reason for a character existing or not, so I'll drop this argument and just silently hope that it doesn't happen.

I haven't heard that he was confirmed, could you or anyone please confirm this?

I really hope that Sonic won't be in the game, I mean I like sonic games, but I'd hate to see him in this one.

I think one game (The 2008 Olympics game) is more than enough.

I only said that because he's the most requested character and Nintendo listens to their fans. On another note, wow... this thread is leaking sarcasm. That could be a new character, SARCASM!!! Ok, I'll shut up now...

I only said that because he's the most requested character and Nintendo listens to their fans. On another note, wow... this thread is leaking sarcasm. That could be a new character, SARCASM!!! Ok, I'll shut up now...

But Smash is all about "Nintendo's Biggest Stars", and Sonic isn't really a star of Nintendo.

Nothing against the Sonic fans, but he shouldn't be in Smash.

But Smash is all about "Nintendo's Biggest Stars", and Sonic isn't really a star of Nintendo.

Nothing against the Sonic fans, but he shouldn't be in Smash.

Would you say the same of Solid Snake? He's not one of "Nintendo's Biggest Stars" either. Although I'll give you that he started out on Nintendo and Sonic didn't.

I think Smash Bros. is more of a fan service than anything else, honestly. And since Sonic's inclusion would please many, many fans, it seems there's a fairly good chance he'll get in. I really won't care either way since I'll be playing Samus regardless.

Would you say the same of Solid Snake? He's not one of "Nintendo's Biggest Stars" either. Although I'll give you that he started out on Nintendo and Sonic didn't.

I think Smash Bros. is more of a fan service than anything else, honestly. And since Sonic's inclusion would please many, many fans, it seems there's a fairly good chance he'll get in. I really won't care either way since I'll be playing Samus regardless.

I knew that would be brought up, and you already said my answer(about him being with Nintendo first) :P

I knew that would be brought up, and you already said my answer(about him being with Nintendo first) :P

well technically wasn't it the MSX first?

Edit: Well, I think if we see Mario and Sonic together in an Olympics game and NOT in Smash Bros, that would be a travesty!!!!

The IGN guys that write for the Wii section think it's a no-brainer that Sonic will be in the game. I don't really like IGN with all their published speculation though. Hmmm... well, if Sonic WAS in Smash it would be the first good game the character has seen in quite a long time. Haha.

*caresses Sonic Adventure GD-ROM*

In Earthbound, Ness uses incredible psi powers and various toys to defeat powerful and humourous enemies from space, but what do Animal Crossing characters do? Rearrange Furniture attack?

I meant in terms of appearance, dick. They are both ill-proportioned cute little kids with big heads.

Back from Crete, it sucked.

But these updates don't :P. Diddy Kong, K.K. Slider, and more on the SubSpace. Shame this is coming to Europe on the 1st quarter of 2008 :(. Better be real early quarter at that too :S.

Anyhow, Anyone here get the feeling that maybe Totakeke might become a playable? The phrase "Heroes always arrive late" sounds like it could be hinting to something... NFP :o.

Back from Crete, it sucked.

But these updates don't :P. Diddy Kong, K.K. Slider, and more on the SubSpace. Shame this is coming to Europe on the 1st quarter of 2008 :(. Better be real early quarter at that too :S.

Anyhow, Anyone here get the feeling that maybe Totakeke might become a playable? The phrase "Heroes always arrive late" sounds like it could be hinting to something... NFP :o.

That's, like, the best speculative comment on an Animal crossing character I have yet to hear dude

That's, like, the best speculative comment on an Animal crossing character I have yet to hear dude

Except that we already know that he's featured in the background of a stage.

Which is why I don't think he'll be a playavble character.