Super Smash Bros. Brawl

CE

I just don't get the arguments that say "X character has no attacks thus its relatively impossible for them to be in Smash?! OMGZZ!!" I mean half of all the attacks in Smash Brothers are made up FOR Smash Bros, maybe even 75%.

Heck, Fox was only in an Arwing (with the exception of the StarFox 64 crappy 3rd person character multiplayer mode). He couldn't kick, he couldn't flip, he couldn't reflect things. He couldn't say "COME ON!" Nor could he do a little dash attack. NOR was it canon that he was speedy.

Same goes for Captain Falcon. Falcon Punch is like the most awesome move ever, but it never originated from the F-Zero series.

All of the above personalities were fleshed out by the Smash Bros series, and there are plenty more. Almost all of them have been with a few exceptions being Link, Pikachu, and Mario since they all follow their original molds.

They could quite literally take an Animal Crossing character and make them do anything. Totakeke could attack with a guitar. An AC character (if one in fact is playable) could do anything.

It's still up in the air if a character will show up, though.

I seriously wouldn't be surprised if we start seeing levels in Brawl from a variety of games whose characters aren't represented on the playable characters list.

wow, you guys... I"m a nerd for this stuff, e3 for 08 brawl will be out. so they should have a reveiw for it. it's coming out 12.3.07 just in time for the holidays. And the official site that has updates every week day will tell you all about it, from characters, stages, to even the music in the game. They have samples. :D There are so many new things, it'll take a long time to get threw all of it, if you havn't seen it. It's awesome. I can take up to 3-5 pages updating this thread for the game! Click below to go there now!

http://www.smashbros.com/en_us/index.html

This should solve questioning and arguments. Anything you got, this will either answere, even if it's not there that tellse you it won't be in the game, but they don't tell you everything, that ruins it... now if you'll excuse me, I'm going to go and play super metroid. :)

wow, you guys... I"m a nerd for this stuff, e3 for 08 brawl will be out. so they should have a reveiw for it. it's coming out 12.3.07 just in time for the holidays. And the official site that has updates every week day will tell you all about it, from characters, stages, to even the music in the game. They have samples. :D There are so many new things, it'll take a long time to get threw all of it, if you havn't seen it. It's awesome. I can take up to 3-5 pages updating this thread for the game! Click below to go there now!

This should solve questioning and arguments. Anything you got, this will either answere, even if it's not there that tellse you it won't be in the game, but they don't tell you everything, that ruins it... now if you'll excuse me, I'm going to go and play super metroid. :)

What... the hell?

Either the dumbest n00b or the strangest bot I've ever seen.

I've told this to a guy on IRC who claims to have a screenshot of the character select screen featuring Wind Waker Link and I'll say it here:

IF IT'S NOT IN THE OFFICIAL UPDATE IT IS NOT CONFIRMED.

STOP SPECULATING AND WAIT UNTIL DECEMBER.

.......ahahahahahhaahHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

thank god you came and told us about this. GUYS, MARIO IS GONNA BE IN BRAWL WTF WHEN DID THEY LET FIRST PARTY COMPANYS INTO THIS

Hi there! You must be new, so you probably didn't read any of the thread so far.

Thanks for the tip, but we have been using that site before they have been posting updates, so we are pretty current on what the site has shown.

I highly recommend reading through at least the last 15 pages of this thread so you can get a grasp of how it has been flowing before posting again in it. It isn't a suggestion to keep you out, but rather so that you can get some feel on how the flow is so you don't get jumped on for making a similar post later on.

Except that we already know that he's featured in the background of a stage.

Which is why I don't think he'll be a playavble character.

Just because a character is the background doesn't mean you can't play as him/her. I'm sure there is a way to make it so if you chose, say Buzz from Animal Crossing, the game will realize he's being played so the game won't put him in the background, because if a damn robot can build a car or a phone can transer voicemail into a written text, I know it can realize that the character is being played

I knew that would be brought up, and you already said my answer(about him [solid Snake] being with Nintendo first) :P

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Metal_Gear

I don't want to sound pretentious, but actually Snake didn't start out on Nintendo systems. His first appearance was actually on a separate console all together and Metal Gear on the NES was a rehashing of it. Though the NES game is what made him mainstream, he didn't start on a Nintendo system. Not to speculate, but logically, Sonic could make the same leap.

Just wanted to put that out there.

What... the hell?

Either the dumbest n00b or the strangest bot I've ever seen.

lol, I didn't read all of it. Just some of the replies here, it seemed kinda clueless. anyway, I am a noob, I'd like you to know and proud! :grin: I guess stravge also works but I'd rather go with wierd. :<

Okay, I don't know if anyone else saw this, and sorry if this is old news, but did you guys know that SSB:Brawl is using the Havok physics engine?

http://www.havok.com/content/blogcategory/37/78/

I wonder how that'll affect the game, if it will at all.

Sorry if this is old news, i didn't know so I figure some other die-hard smash fans wouldn't know either.

I wonder if we'll see some interesting physics being applied.

Okay, I don't know if anyone else saw this, and sorry if this is old news, but did you guys know that SSB:Brawl is using the Havok physics engine?

Sorry if this is old news, i didn't know so I figure some other die-hard smash fans wouldn't know either.

I heard about that awhile ago.

seem like this Smash Bros might not "feel" like the others. hopefully the gameplay has kept intact.

I have no worries though. if anything, it'll help get rid of some of the glitches or make a bunch of new ones. ethier or

Just because a character is the background doesn't mean you can't play as him/her. I'm sure there is a way to make it so if you chose, say Buzz from Animal Crossing, the game will realize he's being played so the game won't put him in the background, because if a damn robot can build a car or a phone can transer voicemail into a written text, I know it can realize that the character is being played

Dude, I saw pokemon trainer in the background so he must not be a playable character.

EDIT - Dang it, my sarcasm is totally lost when it's the first post of a new page.

lol stop trying to act cool

gt and i have been saying this for months

Wait. I haven't really been saying this. Though I do think that nothing is for sure unless it shows up on the site. They're all fascinating updates... though it's stuff I don't necessarily get all fanboy-ish or all hard ass about. It's just game updates lol.

Hmmm, that could mean wavedashing is gone, since I don't recall the Havok engine having problems with frictionless surfaces.

EDIT: Maybe not. It may just use Havok FX or Havok Animation and not the actual physics engine. The list on that website says that the titles use some of the Havok products, not all of them.

Dude, I saw pokemon trainer in the background so he must not be a playable character.

EDIT - Dang it, my sarcasm is totally lost when it's the first post of a new page.

Yes, because Totakeke can summon three animals that change when you press down-B!

Oh wait, no...

And the fact that Sakurai explicitly stated that Totakeke will appear at 8 o'clock on Saturdays means to me that he WON'T be a playable character.

But then again, this is my opinion. I love AC, and I expect an AC character to show up (probably a generic man/woman character, with shovel/axe/fishing rod/net attacks), just not Totakeke. After all, if K.K. Slider was a character, what attacks would he have?

Yes, because Totakeke can summon three animals that change when you press down-B!

Oh wait, no...

And the fact that Sakurai explicitly stated that Totakeke will appear at 8 o'clock on Saturdays means to me that he WON'T be a playable character.

But then again, this is my opinion. I love AC, and I expect an AC character to show up (probably a generic man/woman character, with shovel/axe/fishing rod/net attacks), just not Totakeke. After all, if K.K. Slider was a character, what attacks would he have?

uh....

..yeah