Super Smash Bros. Brawl

CE

Hm. More than adding to the characters who can glide now, I see this taking away from Peach. Her float-canceling in Melee made her pretty unique, but that doesn't seem to be the case anymore.

EDIT- This is all moot if you have to fall as you glide, though.

Okay, the first time I saw glide on the Smash Bros site I immediately thought of Knuckles the Echidna.... okay n/m...

been playing too much Sonic & Knuckles...

/offtopic

Cool move though. A swoop like that would be real cool.

I wonder if any items like a set of wings will show up that will let you do large gliding swoops with any of the other characters. (Maybe the wing cap from mario 64?) I mean, hey, they put the screw attack item in that affects what kind jump you can make, why not something to let other chars glide too.

It looks like a lot of fun using that ability!

now that I think about it, it should work like SMW's cape. As you glide, if you point up you will gain height but eventually lose speed and start to lose horizontal ground, if you point down you can gain speed but will go down faster as well, so it would be kind of a balance there.

Can't wait to try it out.

BTW, I can bet my life now that little mac will be on the game now (I mean, even the simcity guy is in there) the question is wether he'll appear as a playable character or an assist trophy.

I havn't seen the Feather mentioned... just that winged characters can glide now.

Wouldn't Mario's cape from SMW be annoying if you're trying to glide back on it and adjusting the up/down to catch air?

I think they should include the Tanooki Suit for Mario and Luigi

AAAAAAAAaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!!

I love it!

I wonder what this "reward" could be...? Avoiding damage (while those who lose the minigame get hurt)? Getting healed? Bragging rights?

The developers probably don't think that "weird shaped levels" fit Brawl's play style... but it'd still be nice to see a few levels with walls and stuff in there.