Super Smash Bros. Brawl

CE

So I went to a tourney on Saturday. My partner and I got raped in teams, so that was a bit of a disappointment. Singles went much better though. I tied for 17th, which isn't great, but I lost to worthy competition. My first loss came to a guy named Sensei, who's ranked fourth in New Jersey. My elimination loss came to a girl named milktea, who just happens to be PC Chris' girlfriend. They were close matches, so no shame. I had fun, and I finally proved that I can go to a tourney and not choke. And now I'm ranked ninth in my state's power rankings!

http://smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=79080

Connecticut Power Rankings -9/3/07-

Panelists: Cort, Brookman, shminkledorf, Aesir

Mission Statement: To create a healthy competitive environment in Connecticut which will help inspire players to get progressively better over time.

- 1. Cort (1)

- 2. Brookman (2)

3. shminkledorf (5)

4. _milktea (7)

5. Spawn (13)

6. Pipe (15)

7. JVSmooth (6)

8. Aesir (14)

- 9. Jam Stunna (N/A)

- 10. Budai578 (N/A)

- 11. MikeMoney (N/A)

- 12. Zettai Kurayami (N/A)

13. squaminator (10)

- 14. ErciChewman (N/A)

- 15. awsmsean (N/A)

Full results/brackets for anyone who's interested:

http://tia.nealpro.com/ttournament.aspx?id=228

Bummer... looks like there will be zero dialogue in this game.

On an interesting side note, my roommate was dead convinced that Palutena was Farore before I googled an image of her and showed it to him... could be, though, now that I think about it. Nice little game overlap?

Making the entity who gives Pit his bow Farore instead of Palutena would be as dumb as making the last boss of Metroid Prime 3 a giant red brain that isn't Mother Brain.

wait

Man, PUT SPOILER TAGS!!! Although, I'm not even halfway through the game, and I already could have guessed that. Just... be more careful please! The game's been out for less than a week! (I think)

When did Diddy use Rockets? I mean, he had them back in Mario Tennis on the Gamecube but... I just don't recall seeing him use a rocket pack in any DK games... maybe I'm forgetting. Can anyone tell me, I'd honestly like to know where it came from...?

Anyway, awesome moveset! I love how he's got some interesting moves, plus the eat the peanuts for health thing. That's just neato. :) And... haha... that look on diddy's face when the gun explodes is hilarious.

... and the wild and crazy flying away rockets when you get hit is WICKED awesome. I love that!!!!! I hope they go all over the place.

I'm liking Diddy. ^_^

EDIT: Seriously though, one of the captions should have read "Do a Barrel Roll" ... come on now... you know it.