Super Smash Bros. Brawl

CE

metaknight looks badass.

Yeah, doesn't he? Speaking of Meta-Knight, he better have that kickass spanish accent, or else I'm going to send death threats to the nintendo execs with depictions of me doing a gangsta' lean in my cadillac, gun pointed out of the window, and three females in the back seat.

Well, the fact that a peanut gun can have so many features (charging, edible bullets, exploding) gives me a LITTLE hope that they'll do something interesting with Samus' shooting move(s) this time. She'd better not have the slowest projectiles and the slowest "draw" again... she doesn't even draw a gun, it's her freaking arm! Sorry for the Samus rant, couldn't help myself :oops:

Non-homing missile cancel. :3

wow... I'm digging Pokemon Stadium 2. Love all the extra references to the types... although I do want to know what the other transformations look like.

Don't know how I feel about Mario's new move. It's cool I guess, the spin move didn't deserve 'special move status' since it wasn't a real reference to other Mario games (unless you count the spinning jump from SMW).

I'm sure this will piss off plenty of people who played as Mario and Dr Mario, though.

I'm cool with this update. Interesting stuff, double update, cool shots. *thumbs up*

Oh good, I actually was starting to dislike the idea of including Pokemon Stadium again (instead of something better), but this doesn't seem bad. I wonder what role the Pokemon will play on this level, as I don't recall there being a precedent for their appearance in the prior games in this stage... Hopefully it will be interactive like in Saffron City, despite the fact that it doesn't look like they're doing anything in these pictures (well, I guess Skarmory is flying around... but I never really liked him/her/it). The ground transformation is by far the most interesting; Dugtrio and Cubone cameos :D And, it would kind of be cool if something happened with that (Helix?) fossil... Also, why do I get the feeling that people will claim to see faces in the ice block (lol).

Additionally, I can't wait to shoot people into things with Mario's new special. I like the implications this may have on team battles, and the creation and implementation of semi-elaborate traps. The possibilities for two people working together (especially with items) keeps getting more and more interesting and multi-faceted.

Weird. I find it hard to believe that the tornado is a regular (or smash) attack. Perhaps Sunshine Mario is a costume change with variant moves? Or maybe you can customize the special moves for each character (selecting from a small list for each slot), to be saved to your profile?

I'm sure this will piss off plenty of people who played as Mario and Dr Mario, though.

The character I played the most with in melee was mario. He might not be the best character in melee, but i don't play melee in competitions/tournaments to choose a hardcore character and just used to play with what felt better. About the change, it doesn't really bothers me as I rarely used his cape move.

His moveset would now be:

up+B=Uppercut

forward+B=Fireball

Down+B=F.L.U.D.D.

B=Tornado

Final Smash=Fireball barrage (or whatever it'll be called)

Also, not digging the idea of superjumps in one version of the pokemon stage, but eh, you can't win them all I guess.

I still don't understand why so many people bitched about SMS. I thought the game was amazing......except for that commerical...yikes. Anyway, that's cool that F.L.U.D.D. is a special move now. It kinda stinks that The Cape is gone but just like Sir Nuts said, I rarely used that move.

I'm liking the transformations in Pokemon Stadium 2. Especially the one with the wind powered generaters.

I get the idea that Mario's tornado attack got mapped to d-air. It's a natural combo used in midair in the Nintendo World trailer. Also, IIRC, he used the tilt + B cape earlier in the same trailer.

It seems logical to me that the d-air drill kick was cut for the tornado. But when my logic's based on a 10-month old trailer...

It almost looks like each character will have a personal equipment item that goes through each battle... Mario's FLUDD, Samus' Suit, Wario's bike, Diddy's Rocket Barrels (maybe maybe not).

Interesting possibility. This really isn't going to be Melee 1.5 at all, it's going to really make that same jump that Melee did from classic Smash... a completely new game, a thousand times better, if this all works out (and I trust Sakurai).