Super Smash Bros. Brawl

CE

Where is all this about tornado being ANY of Mario's B moves coming from? It clearly says it's a normal move now. The cape isn't going anywhere yet.

Yeah I was thinking the same thing. Also, I don't think "normal move" includes smashes either, so I'd disagree with all those saying it is. I think I'm with the down aerial crowd.

Oh!!!!!

I love this Music collection and customization aspect!! cool!!!

That's really cool, much better than holding buttons down!!!!

I'm diggin the main theme, the Pokemon one not so much though, but it does bring back a lot of memories from Red and Blue.

And... what the hell... "Look! Samus is evolving!" He could have at least used a Pokemon name there... unless that's the name of one his pkmn...

OH SAKURAI!

Damn, this is looking to be pretty spiffy. And I like that Sakurai is putting enough thought into the game to know that people have favorite songs, too. Despite what anyone says, I LOVED playing Hyrule Temple with the Fire Emblem music going on. It's nice that I'll be able to switch up the songs as I like.

Although the arrangement could have been a little better, what really disappoints me about the Pokemon music is, again, the samples. Better instruments would have made for a WAY better experience, and all we can hope is that these are just temporary 'rough draft' songs. Although, I really liked the evolution reference at the end. Well played, sir.

--Jack Kieser

Sorry Diddy, I think you've just been replaced for best update ever. This game will be worth it just for the music alone. Collecting CDs is a genius move. And if the evolution theme is for when the Pokemon Stadium stage alters (which it surely is), then I will be very impressed, since this kind of trend might be carried onto other levels. So can we finally, legitimately say that Brawl will probably have the best game soundtrack ever (at least in terms of scope and source material; quality is still up in the air it seems)?

I like the singing in the main theme, why can't the rest of the music sound as awesome as the main theme? why?!

p.s. what are they even saying?

After comparing the songs put up today, I really really doubt that such a disparity in quality would exist; it would be really confusing and awkward. Considering all the effort being put in the game, it's probably a safe bet these songs aren't final, and will be recorded later. I don't know why, but I became very happy when I saw that there was an option for "Castle Music/Fortress Boss." Maybe a mix of SMW and Yoshi's Island? I just don't have a clue as to what he meant by saying the main theme is the "core" of the game. Does anyone know if there is more to it than just being the main theme? He always messes with you right at the end...

So THAT'S why there were so many musicians. Haha. I kind of figured something like this would pop up, honestly (or hoping at the very least). With as many songs as it sounds like there will be, it'll be quite amazing if they all get an orchestral treatment (aside from the ones that are straight rips, of course). Still, music is usually one of the very last things finalized for a game. so it could really go either way.