Super Smash Bros. Brawl

CE

This is my favorite update so far. Notice how you don't see "Ocarina of Time Medley" for the Bridge of Eldin stage? There's probably going to be way more than four songs per stage to pick from!

I also love that they kept the Melee-style menus and changed the dark blue & red to white & gray, as it really fits the Wii, I think. Plus it just makes things seem brighter in general. Also, another neato thing: looks like each stage is going to have the original title art for its game, i.e. Bridge of Eldin has a little The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess logo on the bottom right! Pretty nifty, even if they did keep the Smash Icons from previous titles, which I also like.

I logged in to say how awesome this update is. I agree (and I have been saying) that these songs are probably not final and are just showcases of the arrangements that will be recorded later. I'm sure the musicians are worried about getting all the songs rearranged at this point rather than recording the final copy.

Also, the Castle Music/Fortress Boss theme from SMW is one of my favorite tracks in any video game, ever. What awesomeness now that it appears to be in the game. Can't wait to hear the arrangement.

Yes, Dark World theme is there. This game is going to be so awesome.

music08_070907a-l.jpg

And DELFINO ISLE SONG!!!

music08_070907b-l.jpg

I can't wait for this game anymore.

That's so rad.

Just think about all the damn themes. There might be just about every song from each franchise. It looks that way from the way the guy was talking. He said some songs wouldn't even be redone, which suggests that he's trying to cram everything in there rearranged or not.

This is my favorite update so far. Notice how you don't see "Ocarina of Time Medley" for the Bridge of Eldin stage? There's probably going to be way more than four songs per stage to pick from!

I also love that they kept the Melee-style menus and changed the dark blue & red to white & gray, as it really fits the Wii, I think. Plus it just makes things seem brighter in general. Also, another neato thing: looks like each stage is going to have the original title art for its game, i.e. Bridge of Eldin has a little The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess logo on the bottom right! Pretty nifty, even if they did keep the Smash Icons from previous titles, which I also like.

After looking at the pics again, which are now conveniently posted here, there are arrows on both song lists that suggest that the lists are longer than just 4 songs. Which really makes me happy.

And, amen to the stroke thing. I think Sakurai is slowly pusing us to the point that in order to even survive these updates, we'll need to be heavily medicated to counteract the SHEER AWESOME.

--Jack Kieser

I propose a new word to describe the sensation of reading posts such as this one, or Subspace Emissary.

Smashgasm (noun)

Also, the evolving part sounds freaking AWESOME. Rock guitar? Well played, Sakurai. Well played.

Of course, given that there will be more than one Pokemon song, I hope they put in the battle theme from fighting Uxie, Azelf, or Mesprit. Literally so awesome, I went into battle with the Pokemon, and didn't make a move for 10 minutes just so I could hear the song over and over again. Bloody awesome.

I propose a new word to describe the sensation of reading posts such as this one, or Subspace Emissary.

Smashgasm (noun)

I fully intend to start using this as part of my every day lexicon.

God damn amazing update. After having over-played Melee to the point of annoyance, I can't believe how much I'm looking forward to Brawl. Updates like this only make me chomp at the bit.

...Damn clever marketing ploys. ><;

And while the Medley from OoT may not be visible on the list, let's not forget that it's a strong possibility that an OoT stage may yet emerge. We had two Zelda stages in Melee. I wouldn't be surprised to see another Zelda stage show up at all, with even more selections for music. Anything's possible, I guess. *Shrugs*

Cool Three updates in one day... and not only that three Music based updates. Which is what this place is based on. Music. . .

December 3rd cant come too soon... only 86 more days.... wow 86 more updates....

I think you're math is a little off, 86 days does not equal 86 updates. damn those weekends!