Super Smash Bros. Brawl

CE

All the people complaining about the 'terrible samples'. Who the fuck cares? 'Ognoes, my trained musical ear can't hear the resin grating against the 2nd viola in this song, this is awful I expected better from Nintendo'.

You're trying to get support from the wrong audience. Plus, you can't deny we're all just spoiled because of Melee. People are essentially saying they wish the music was as good as it was in that, not that it would be bad by itself.

This music update is for naught if they don't have Stickerbrush Symphony for the Donkey Kong stage. There's honestly no excuse. I mean, you can have at least for tracks PER STAGE (at least from what we've seen.)

Also bramble stage plzkthx.

MAN typing that post totally got me ridiculously pumped for this game. Three short months till this gem of a game is out...

This music update is for naught if they don't have Stickerbrush Symphony for the Donkey Kong stage. There's honestly no excuse. I mean, you can have at least for tracks PER STAGE (at least from what we've seen.)

Also bramble stage plzkthx.

MAN typing that post totally got me ridiculously pumped for this game. Three short months till this gem of a game is out...

Oh dear God in Heaven, if you see fit to inspire Sakurai with divine ideas of a DKC2-themed stage with lots of DKC2 music, one could NOT complain at all, ever.

Things I like most about this update:

7) WOOAH Castle Theme!

6) WOOOOOAH Dark World theme!

5) The chances of having a Gameboy Pokemon chiptune just got WAAAY higher.

4) There's gotta be at least one good song for each stage now!

3) WHOAAAOMG Super Metroid music

2) Brambles!!!!!

1) Turning the DK rap off!

You know, Stickerbrush Symphony was AMAZING, but I really can't hear it in brawl. I think a much better Smash-ish DK song would be the gangplank galleon/k.rool battle theme from the first DKC.

You know, Stickerbrush Symphony was AMAZING, but I really can't hear it in brawl. I think a much better Smash-ish DK song would be the gangplank galleon/k.rool battle theme from the first DKC.

I think Ship hold or Boss Bossanova (I think that's what it's called) would probably be the most fitting, in addition to that one. I'm so tired of hearing the same song on DK stages over and over (similarly true for Pokemon). Also, it didn't say that the song choices won't overlap between stages, yet it seems like people are thinking the lists will be exclusive for each individual arena?

I don't mean to go against what people want, but I think letting people use their own music would ruin the game. The whole point of SSB (as a series) is franchise interaction, yet having them bound by common factors. By putting in your own music, it's like withdrawing from the atmosphere and environment the game intends to create, not to mention discrediting the work of all those composers...

I don't mean to go against what people want, but I think letting people use their own music would ruin the game. The whole point of SSB (as a series) is franchise interaction, yet having them bound by common factors. By putting in your own music, it's like withdrawing from the atmosphere and environment the game intends to create, not to mention discrediting the work of all those composers...

I agree.

And this update is like the coolest thing ever. Being able to choose from a bunch of different amazing songs? Win.

No one banned placing appropriate music for each stage. It'll probably be the default.

All the people complaining about the 'terrible samples'. Who the fuck cares? 'Ognoes, my trained musical ear can't hear the resin grating against the 2nd viola in this song, this is awful I expected better from Nintendo'.

I don't care either way either. Give me a lousy/shitty/tinny MIDI and I'd be fine too.

But technically, they have no excuses as usual. Especially for a company the size and pedigree of Nintendo, getting at least slightly better sounding sound should be a non issue. But APPARENTLY, it is. So really, I don't think the complaints can be shot down entirely.

Also, the erotic fanart is remade:

http://kasuga39.free100.tv/image/nintendo_02and03.png

I don't know half of those new girls.

I don't care either way either. Give me a lousy/shitty/tinny MIDI and I'd be fine too.

But technically, they have no excuses as usual. Especially for a company the size and pedigree of Nintendo, getting at least slightly better sounding sound should be a non issue. But APPARENTLY, it is. So really, I don't think the complaints can be shot down entirely.

Also, the erotic fanart is remade:

http://kasuga39.free100.tv/image/nintendo_02and03.png

I don't know half of those new girls.

Sure is a lot of lolicon on that site... :|

This is one of the dumbest things I've ever read. You're telling me that you never muted the TV and play music while playing Smash Bros.?

I've heard the Zelda theme a billion times before. I don't think it will detract from the environment too much in a multiplayer fighting game that I have played thousands of times before if I listen to other music.

On the other hand, if I do want to listen to my own music in a game, I'm more likely to mute the TV and turn on my own music so it's not starting and stopping between matches.

This is one of the dumbest things I've ever read. You're telling me that you never muted the TV and play music while playing Smash Bros.?

I've heard the Zelda theme a billion times before. I don't think it will detract from the environment too much in a multiplayer fighting game that I have played thousands of times before if I listen to other music.

On the other hand, if I do want to listen to my own music in a game, I'm more likely to mute the TV and turn on my own music so it's not starting and stopping between matches.

Um... I haven't. I actually have never played a match against anyone who has. What I think Hobocop is trying to say is that certain songs are put there for a distinct reason, design-wise. Even the choices in songs that we are given are somewhat superficial, because we can't choose any unlocked song for a stage, just unlocked songs that the designers allow. For instance, it looks that I can't have the SMW Castle theme play on Bridge of Eldin.

Allowing people to use SD card music basically allows people to completely bypass every song that was carefully crafted for the game; after all, we don't know yet exactly how things will play out, and it is completely possible that certain songs were hand-crafted to elicit a particular response from us as players.

Besides, there is a difference between using SD cards for music and muting the game to play stuff from iTunes; it seems superficial, but on some psychological level, it's not. By using SD card music, you are trying to blend content into the game that doesn't belong there, which may or may not work with the design of the game. When you are muting the game, you are making a conscious decision to detract yourself from the game; it's kind of like immersion, but in a slightly different way.

--Jack Kieser

Lets have a vote!

Everyone who has muted the game music and played their own say "I'm queer."

Everyone who hasn't say "I love VG music." :<

Hurr... Sorry if I get tired of hearing the same repetitive music that I've heard a billion times over and over again. Again, it's a fighting game. It's not like it's ambient music creating a real mood. It's the fucking Mario theme.