Super Smash Bros. Brawl

CE

Which one are you?

EDIT- In any case, that Roy needs alot of work. He pretty much did everything wrong except edgeguard well. Too many counters, too many DEDs, and he didn't follow up the dtilt with nair or uair a single time. Roy can juggle, and this Roy didn't do any. The Mario was slow and predictable, and didn't press his aerial advantage at all. Nair to dsmash is a pretty basic and reliable Mario combo, and more fireballs would at least keep that Roy honest with his fsmash.

I was Mario. Thanks for the critiques. (You too GT, I just don't know how to double quote yet.)

Neither of us play those characters normally if you didn't already notice, but I'll keep in mind what you said about missing openings and I'll try out the nair to d-smash. I also agree that my friend was spamming counter too much. I guess those were the kinds of openings you were talking about. I would use down smash more often but I often get hit in return when I do that because my friend Crouch Cancels just about everything. As a matter of fact, in that video you can see him trying to pull a counter off of a crouch cancel a few times. I'm not really sure of the best way to avoid this.

Did you get to look at the team battle any? The ending is pretty funny. I recorded some more today, but I won't have time to put any of it up until next weekend.

Hm, after reading that, I kind of want some pointers. Any recommendations on methods of recording matches? Me and my rival Tastycorn are both pretty good players, and we're locked in a dead tie right now, so if you could give me some pointers (or shed some light on any of his weak points you see!), that would be helpful.

So. How might I go about making a match for you guys to commentate on?

Hm, after reading that, I kind of want some pointers. Any recommendations on methods of recording matches? Me and my rival Tastycorn are both pretty good players, and we're locked in a dead tie right now, so if you could give me some pointers (or shed some light on any of his weak points you see!), that would be helpful.

I record matches with a cheap digital camera. Pretty low quality, but it gets the job done.

I record all of my footage on cassette tape as I am playing, and then I plug my VCR into my computer's capture card via composite video cables and record what I need using Windows Movie Maker. Unfortunately, I only have composite video cables and no audio; Therefore, I always have to substitute my own audio for the in game audio.

(also, if I used a camera to record, you could hear all of the trash talk that occurs during my matches :)

I record all of my footage on cassette tape as I am playing, and then I plug my VCR into my computer's capture card via composite video cables and record what I need using Windows Movie Maker. Unfortunately, I only have composite video cables and no audio; Therefore, I always have to substitute my own audio for the in game audio.

(also, if I used a camera to record, you could hear all of the trash talk that occurs during my matches :)

I'm afraid I am frightfully undereducated in terms of video capture technology. I suppose I'll just have to use a video camera or something of the sort.

Well, what do I have to do to make it not look bad? ie. lighting and such.

Make sure you turn off all other lights, and just keep the camera on a flat surface as opposed to trying to hold it yourself.

In other news, I won my first tournament today. Nothing major, just a small thing with like 12 people at my local Game Crazy. The best thing was that I beat my rival for the first time in tournament play, which felt good. I won Zelda: Twilight Princess, so all in all a good day I'd say.

I use this device to record my games. not yet for melee but if I can get it set up it will be used for melee, the Adaptec GameBridge. I got it for 12 dollars from woot.com

here's a sameple. From Halo 3 beta and windows media player. its all in slow-mo. fyi.

http://useruploads.mythica.org/cgi-bin/watch.cgi?f=Halo_Movie-2.wmv&sid=2813341

by next week, I should be recording some melees! woo!

just so you peoples know, there's an entire forum of people ready to review your matches. if you go to smashboards.com there are tons of competent players willing to critique you, i go there all the time and i've learned a bunch from conversations and videos. not that we mind doing it here of course.

just so you peoples know, there's an entire forum of people ready to review your matches. if you go to smashboards.com there are tons of competent players willing to critique you, i go there all the time and i've learned a bunch from conversations and videos. not that we mind doing it here of course.

I've had no luck getting reviews from smashboards. None at all.

hahahaha. That little fattie is hilarious!

That could be a lot of fun in battles with a lot of items... i wonder if it can eat items people are using... that would really be a nice ability but I doubt it'll be able to do that...

and I also wonder how long it hangs around the battlefield. haha.

what a great little Pokemon. It's endearingly fat. haha.

its funny cause i was joking about munchlax earlier today when i was talking about pizza i said i was gonna go all munchlax on it and i did

I wish my close friends were those with which I could make post-Red/Blue Pokemon references to. I may be able to sneak one in of the original 151.