Super Smash Bros. Brawl

CE

I'm really glad they included online. It's about time, Nintendo lags behind trends so much, it's amazing whenever they adopt a new technology.

That said, I think they may have more to do with the online functionality, but even if it is bare bones, it seems better than nothing. I didn't expect it to be included at all.

More generally though, this bodes well for new Wii games, because it means the suits have OK'd letting a major franchise poised to fight the major XBox 360 and PS3 releases have online. Hopefully by next year, SSBB will start a trend of Nintendo titles having online.:-P

after years of using ds online with friend codes i recently got a 360 and god the live service is a zillion times better than anything nintendo could ever put into a game

despite that i am glad smash has online

and yes friend codes are gay its much easier to say add Atmuh to your list than xxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxx

I don't see where you guys get bare bones service from.

"We’re planning a number of services that make use of Wi-Fi, but we’ll reveal them gradually with the other modes. Enjoy."

That's pretty telling.

There certainly is some room to improve. But I don't think they're changing the friend code, non-friendable, limited communication model they've already described--unless the services they promised are changes to their online model.

However, I can see some fun stuff appearing like tournaments and maybe minigame type stuff.

I guess this would be a cooler update if we didn't pretty much already know that this game would have some form of Wi-Fi. Kind of sad about the whole "Can't interact with random people" thing, but meh, I see where they're coming from. Now all I need is a DS version of SSB, and I'll be set. Oh well, bring on new characters! (Come on Kung Fu Guy/Sonic/Bomberman)

This update owns BIG TIME!!!

About the tournaments, you can count me in. Im no pro, but Im sure I'll have fun!

On another note, could you guys point me out to a site where I can ezly learn pro play?

So when Brawl comes around I'll be a tougher opponent XP

This update owns BIG TIME!!!

About the tournaments, you can count me in. Im no pro, but Im sure I'll have fun!

On another note, could you guys point me out to a site where I can ezly learn pro play?

So when Brawl comes around I'll be a tougher opponent XP

www.smashboards.com

Look around, they have everything you need. But you can only learn how to play pro style through practice, practice, and more practice.

Phew, online is confirmed. This easily cancels out the ice-climbers update and puts this game at +10.

I have nothing to worry about anymore really. Just need to find a Wii (which hopefully won't be too difficult this holiday season.) I'm definitely gonig to allocate one of my taunt slots to "WOOT!" ....Dunno about the others though.

Phew, online is confirmed. This easily cancels out the ice-climbers update and puts this game at +10.

I have nothing to worry about anymore really. Just need to find a Wii (which hopefully won't be too difficult this holiday season.) I'm definitely gonig to allocate one of my taunt slots to "WOOT!" ....Dunno about the others though.

I don't have the time to find the link, but Reggie said something about there shouldn't be any problems finding a Wii this holiday season. There'll be so much that people won't even have to camp out for one. If that's true, that'll be pretty crazy.

Nom nom, some advice on getting better.

You got to play more. And play more people. It helps because it forces you to learn to win, so you see a lot of things.

Secondly, don't overrate the technical stuff. You just need to be able to add those speed-increasing things to your games. Example: l-cancel. That's it. Watch one of the videos that just lists all of those technical stuff, then play real games and simply put them to use. It isn't hard to tap the l-button when you hit the ground.

Lastly, just watch some talented players games on youtube or something. Watching what works for them and what mistakes they make will help you see what works and what doesn't when you play yourself.

Don't worry too much, just pick up a few things, and play more(and stick to one guy, it helps). If you lose motivation, go watch your favorite matches or combo video!

So everyone, what are your 4 messages going to be?

For Samus, I'll use:

1) IMMA

2) CHARGIN

3) MAH

4) LAZER

j/k :P haha

Ha nice. I play Ice Climbers, so I need something appropriately hammy. My four:

1) It's Hammer Time!

2) Two for the price of one!

3) Double Whammy!

I can't think of a fourth one, but rest assured, it will contain an exclamation point.

Ah, I'm definitely excited for this. I for one am glad they kept online play simple. Leaderboards and all that stuff just lead to people playing for reasons other than fun.

Though I really wish Nintendo would just do away with individual friend codes and use an all-encompassing Wii system friend code. It's just as safe (kid-friendly) and you don't have to deal with getting every number for every friend.

I wouldn't be glad about the lack of leaderboards. Competition in its own light is very fun, and a leaderboard or ranking system greatly adds to the competition.

You can cut out conversing, etc. and just keep it to single names and rankings. I'll still get my fun in playing smash with people over the internet, but SSBB just won't be as competitive without a leaderboard.

I wouldn't be glad about the lack of leaderboards. Competition in its own light is very fun, and a leaderboard or ranking system greatly adds to the competition.

You can cut out conversing, etc. and just keep it to single names and rankings. I'll still get my fun in playing smash with people over the internet, but SSBB just won't be as competitive without a leaderboard.

People cheat all the time for the sake of leaderboards. I'd take a hit in competitiveness to alleviate some of that cheating.