Super Smash Bros. Brawl

CE

In Super Smash Bros. Brawl: The Subspace Emissary, it’s rumored that there will be boss appearances.

This time, I’d like to introduce the first boss you encounter: Petey Piranha!

It sounds like there will be more appearances unless the other bosses are original guys too.

I can only assume that these are all original monsters for smash brothers, save for my favorite, the R.O.B. Squad. Yeah, I would have appreciated monsters from different games, but it probably wouldn't have fit the story too well. Fortunately, we do have bosses from the different games

I dunno. I'm not saying any of these creatures are taken directly from any games, but that they are meant to evoke the memory of them. I think in a lot of these cases, the physical appearance is too similar (Roader; Bytan) or the mechanics are too similar (Auroros' mode of attack; Link shown fighting Shaydas, a shadow enemy who has a clearly demarcated weak spot) for me to wholly discount the possibility that these enemies are intended to be compared to enemies from other Nintendo game, especially in a game like Smash Bros., which is comprised of virtually nothing but references to other Nintendo games.

I think today's update was pretty so-so. Although it's interesting that Sakurai makes it seem that just about all items will have some dual use, extra purposes, or just decimate the players.

It would be nice to get a character update tomorrow. Something like... NESS!

I loved ness in the original SSB. I hated how they totally screwed him over in the second game. It would have been MAGNIFICENT if he had just a little more power, then all those Young LInk users and Roy/Marth players would've been put in their places.

I'm mainly think about my brother... I really don't smash with others, but still, we need Ness back, and back with some power. :razz:

I think exactly the opposite about Ness. Even though he's my main character, I still think he was really overpowered in the original (can we say yoyo=cheap as hell) but had a good balance in Melee. I think it couldn't hurt if they gave him a little more power, but it's not really necessary. I really hope that they replace the PK flash with something more useful.

Any thoughts on what his final smash will be? Here's to hoping it's PK Rockin'.

Why is everyone for series that already have a lot of representation? Frankly I'd love to see some old school RPG characters represented... like Crono or Terra from the old SquareSoft games. Not that it's likely to happen, but those would interest me more than Waluigi.

Even if they're going to more new series, as long as they keep the characters original, that would be great. But now, we have at least Ike, Link, and Metaknight with swords, with who knows how many more to come.

Some more characters with less general appeal would be great; I feel in love with the first Smash Bros. because all the characters except Mario and Luigi were so different. They should move back to that, with more series and more off-the-wall characters.

That said, if they include more FE characters that would be cool... but maybe some magic users or something, even a wyvern knight or something. It would be nice to play as kirby and fight a guy riding a dragon or a pegasus. :-)

Ness is mostly a mind game character. I play him in an odd way... that is... I turned him into a technical character and it makes a lot of people I play sick to the stomach because it's just not right. It's somewhat hard to explain but if DJTempora ever comes around he would at least vouch for that.

In any case, Ness has a lot more potential than most people think but his recovery sucks so bad to the point that you'll never see him on the top of a tier list. He's just way too slow to come back and if somehow you can't seem to keep a Ness off the stage, then you're practically just letting him come back.

I use Ness to screw up my friends Shiek or fox sometimes. I delay the double jump and do odd things with it so he goes blazing past it(for some reason he prefers to intercept instead of edge guard most of the time) and I time a back kick(or spike) there. Then use the lightning to recover.

I really hope they keep PK Flash. I definitely play as Ness just so I can embarrass people by hitting them with it. (Actually, I've found it pretty useful for preventing your foes from barely grabbing onto the edge, by setting a PK Flash to go off at that edge at just the right moment.)

PK Rockin' would make a great Final Smash. I wish there'd be a way to name it. Of course, there'd be no way to have Ness say the name of his attack if that were the case.

Which of the other Mother 2 characters would you like to see? I think Jeff would be pretty ballin'. Pulling out his various machines and bottle rockets.

It'd be weird if they stuck a Mother 3 character in there. Unless, y'know, Nintendo wanted to translate the game real fast and release it before December. What's the status on the fan translation?