Super Smash Bros. Brawl

CE

Add the pace of this majestic song to production values rivaling that of Hollywood composers, and the result is spectacular.

You think... this might mean what you are all hoping, that it won't sound as low quality as it does on the site...?

snake_070921c-l.jpg

Snake: Butsecks?

Edit: Argh, I just looked back a couple of pages and saw someone else post the same thing. Bah. Too much internet humor and we all become the same...

When the internet is suddenly flooded with Metal Gear/Fire Emblem crossover fanfiction (See: Later today), I'll be the first one glaring angrily at Sakurai.

Also, what the hell is up with Ike's sword? The hand behind his back wouldn't be in any location to hold it at that angle, and it isn't like Snake is holding it...

I just know that Sakurai is damn lucky the pic didn't have the sword a couple notches lower.

There's plenty of possibilities...

Hmm, so how many non-Nintendo characters would you guys think is necesary for this game to feel like "that game that is open to any cool mascot"?

Ideally there should be a 50-50 ratio, though in all honesty I don't care all that much for 3rd party characters. (But I am keeping an open mind, and design wise it'll be very interesting.)

Since there are so many characters already, a 50-50 ratio could be too much, so perhaps 75-25?

On one hand I don't want it to just throw in a few 3rd party peeps fot the heck of it, but on the other hand I don't want it to lose the Smash Bros. feel, we all love.

I think that we may not see any other 3rd party characters announced. However, we will see who likes Nintendo with the characters. Kojima's Snake is in only because Kojima wanted it to happen. And well, Nintendo and Konami never had any bad blood between them.

As for a Final Fantasy Character, well, that's an interesting idea but who would you pick?

I mean, Snake was Metal Gear Solid, just like there would be no Metroid without Samus.

Final Fantasy characters are for the most part one shot characters, and it is rare to have the game revolve around them. (At this point, someone is pointing out Ness and the pokemons, I am sure. However, Ness was the most important character in a game that was one of a kind for nintendo (how many RPGs has nintendo released anyway?). The pokemons were handpicked:

1 The anime mascot

2 A fan favorite (Jigglypuff)

3 A secret pokemon (who the hell got Mewtwo on their first run anyway?)

4 A young version of the mascot.

I mean, sure, they could pick Kain. But why not Cecil (the main character who could have a wicked transformation between dark knight and paladin)?

Terra? Yeah but what about Celes or Locke?

The best they could do for FF is simply make a cycle character like the trainer, and put it Warrior, Black Mage, Thief and White Mage. (That would kick ass if you ask me).

I think that we may not see any other 3rd party characters announced. However, we will see who likes Nintendo with the characters. Kojima's Snake is in only because Kojima wanted it to happen. And well, Nintendo and Konami never had any bad blood between them.

As for a Final Fantasy Character, well, that's an interesting idea but who would you pick?

I mean, Snake was Metal Gear Solid, just like there would be no Metroid without Samus.

Final Fantasy characters are for the most part one shot characters, and it is rare to have the game revolve around them. (At this point, someone is pointing out Ness and the pokemons, I am sure. However, Ness was the most important character in a game that was one of a kind for nintendo (how many RPGs has nintendo released anyway?). The pokemons were handpicked:

1 The anime mascot

I mean, sure, they could pick Kain. But why not Cecil (the main character who could have a wicked transformation between dark knight and paladin)?

The best they could do for FF is simply make a cycle character like the trainer, and put it Warrior, Black Mage, Thief and White Mage. (That would kick ass if you ask me).

Cecil or Kain would actually be kinda cool, but that won't ever happen. Edit: You could have Rydia as the alter-personality of Pokemon Trainer.

1 The anime mascot

Chocobo for Brawl. With a Moogle riding on him.

This needs to happen.

PRAISE JESUS IN HEAVEN. THIS IS AN AWESOME UPDATE!!!!!!!

ZOMGOM!OM!OMGOMOMGO!MGOM!GOM!GOM!GOMK!GMO!! IT'S SNAKE! MAN! IT'S SNAKE'S MOVES!!! AMAZING! *:LDJAKL:JFKLAFASDf

man, all those special moves are great. Nods to all of the games. And I love the moving music from those MGS4 trailers we've been hearing. Hearing it in a "battle theme" for Smash Bros. is amazing. I love that song, it's so moving and just ... awesome, especially after listening to it a hundred times while watching the MGS4 trailers... <3

I am surprised though that they're using the MGS4 music... I mean, I guess characters will have to be from games that appeared on Nintendo systems, but music and other references apparently don't have to be from the game that the character was featured in (IE MGS1 no Gamecube, Metal Gears on NES). That surprised me a lot.

And since they're making references to outside games, maybe we'll see an Old Snake alternate costume. Hehe. Love this.

Kojima + Sakurai = Inordinant Amounts of Awesome

...amen.

Terra is my favorite FF character all time. She turns into a freaking purple monster. I would love it if they could update them and put them into smash. Her final smash could be morphing into an esper and casting some huge spell, or just attacking eight times on whoever was nearby. :-P

Actually I don't think the job classes would work so well, unless they were trying to go for something generic, and since Square/Enix haven't confirmed anything, I doubt that would be their strategy. But still, having a magic user would be great... we have a lot of sword fighters, why not have someone who uses Ultima as their final smash or Meteo (FFIV)?

1 The anime mascot