Super Smash Bros. Brawl

CE

Maybe it'll live up to the hype, unlike Halo 3. They kept evrybody in suspense for three years, and look what we got. SSBM doesn't promise to be the game that remakes the world, it just promises to be a good, solid beat-em-up with tons of unlockables. From that standard, it'll be hard to really screw up, especially given past records.

I totally agree with you.

Like for example have a "play again?" a "yes" and a "no" and a personal taunt, or maybe (again depending on character limit) display friend code. You know, for in case you play a random person (and you cant see their code). That way, when you liked playing someone you can exchange friend codes and add each other to yer list.

Yeah, nice idea....with 4 taunts give the friendly code it's more than possible...

If we assume it's as slow as it was in 64 and Assault, yeah. Though who knows, it could be faster.

Well...the scenario is smaller in Brawl than in Starfox...

You cannot send chat messages or taunts to random online opponents, so you cannot send them your friend codes. If you're playing with someone who you can display taunts to, then you already have their friend code. At least that's how I understood it...

As for the Landmaster... I think it was a good choice, I can't really see how the Arwing would've worked. (Great fox on the other hand could have worked.... if it wasn't two times bigger than most of the stages we've seen so far.)

Weren't we just talking about bubble shields yesterday? This has happened too much to be a coincidence; Sakurai's reading folks!

We were talking about shields because they were in the video a couple days ago.... chances are he just posted about shields ALSO because they where in the video a couple days ago. He tends to do stuff like that, don't ask.

no less probably reveal all the characters beforehand.

Which I honestly do not believe for a second they're doing. It's been four months since the site started doing the update schtick, and since then, they've only revealed two truly new characters, as Lucas and Ike will either be taking roles for returners, or be near-clones like Luigi.

But even if we count them all, that's only four new characters in four months, all of them perfectly likely to be starters, and we've only got two months of updates left. And yes, I honestly believe there will be far more characters than this. We haven't even hit the benchmark of Melee, and there are still a few likely returners yet to be seen.

No way in hell are they gonna stop at a 27 or whatever roster benchmark, I'm damn sure of that. Sakurai's been showing that now that he has the space of a DVD, he damn well plans to do all he can to fill it. :P

Sakurai's been showing that now that he has the space of a DVD, he damn well plans to do all he can to fill it. :P

Once they run out of trophies, he'll get someone to follow him around with a camera until they have enough footage to fill the disk.

Off topic: what if the credits, instead of shooting them with lasers, appeared in the form of Mii's of the staff that you have to fight!? That would be fun =D

And back on the topic of updates: they're not revealing enough until they show us a Metroid stage and Samus special moves!! Of course everyone has their "special thing" that they want to know before the release (Captain Falcon is a popular one), so it seems a bit silly to say they're revealing too much. Although, there are SOME updates I wish they hadn't done, simply because they'd be such fun surprises to discover in the game. Wouldn't it have been a hilarious surprise to, not knowing of their existence beforehand, suddenly stumble upon the Golden Hammer, Squeaky Golden Hammer, Mr. Ressetti's lecture, or Excite Bikes? I'm hoping they don't have many more assist trophy updates, and certainly no more "rare item" updates...

sweet smash has sonic 2 gameplay!!

...now seriously sonic would be awesome...MARIO+SONIC CO-OP GAME FTW

this was a good week for sakurai Excite Bike, Fox's final smash, shield, this, still missing the Jiggly though...(and Captain Falcon I guess...)

Sakurai is screwing with us again

teasing us with Samurai Goroh and not showing Captain

Showing Ike, Lucas, and Pokemon Trainer but no Jiggly, Marth/Roy, Ness

and now showing a Sonic 2 like mode with no sign of Sonic and Tails/Luigi..that being said Luigi confirmed!!!

heh another way to look at it is a way I really wished 2 player DKC would be (If you play as DK/Diddy)

EDIT: To Nick no Sonic 2 did it too it was kinda a hidden feature but you could pick up controller 2 and play Tails at any time

...or it could just be based on every other fighting game with co-op mode. Anyways, I'm looking forward to co-op with DK and Diddy Kong. It's gonna be like Donkey Kong Country but even more kickass.

Edit:

Looks like I was beaten to it i guess...great minds think alike.

indeed course you could also think (if Luigi and/or Toad get in) a co-op Mario 2 or a really bad-ass platforming version of Mario and Luigi SuperStar Saga, Villians and Heros Uniting (Link/Gannon, Kirby/Metaknight, Mario/Bowser, Pikachu/Mewtwo), or in the off chance of Sonic getting in the Mario/Sonic game I always wanted

though a thought popped in my head..how would pokemon trainer play in this mode?

would Red run in the background following his pokemon..ride a rapidash/pidgeot..or something in that nature?

it actually screams sonic 3

you couldn't control tails in 2 i thought

Yeah, you could control Tails in S2. It wasn't technically an official co-op mode, but you could do it and help out your friend playing Sonic. Sonic 3 actually gave you a coop mode though.

This is pretty exciting. I wonder what that crpytic last sentence means exactly. That sounds pretty cool. I wonder if you can customize characters, or level them up in single player, somehow. Hmm. Interesting.

indeed course you could also think (if Luigi and/or Toad get in) a co-op Mario 2 or a really bad-ass platforming version of Mario and Luigi SuperStar Saga, Villians and Heros Uniting (Link/Gannon, Kirby/Metaknight, Mario/Bowser, Pikachu/Mewtwo), or in the off chance of Sonic getting in the Mario/Sonic game I always wanted

though a thought popped in my head..how would pokemon trainer play in this mode?

would Red run in the background following his pokemon..ride a rapidash/pidgeot..or something in that nature?

Red may not be part of adventure mode.