Super Smash Bros. Brawl

CE

I would tolerate Sonic and Shadow, but Tails or that fucking pink thing? Come on.

On the other hand, I *do* love the cheesy music from the Adventure games. It's good to see Live and Learn is (likely) in.

Sorry but I love those characters. Amy could actually have a really interesting fighting ability with her hammer that can also let her jump high with it.

Coming from someone who said Sheik's grabs were weak, 'dead' is looking more and more like a fun time. :P :P :P :P :P

Edit: I still love you.

Also from my previous post a few pages back...

01 - Smash Emblem

02 - DK Initials [Donkey Kong Series]

03 - Starfox Insigna [starfox Series]

04 - Star [Kirby Series]

05 - Falcon Icon [F-Zero Series]

06 - S Logo [Metroid Series]

07 - Mother Symbol [Earthbound Series]

08 - Pokeball [Pokemon Series]

09 - Triforce [Zelda Series]

10 - Mushroom [Mario Series]

11 - Yoshi Egg [Yoshi Series]

12 - Sword [Fire Emblem Series]

13 - ?

14 - Plum [ice Climber Series]

15 - Leaf [Animal Crossing Series]

16 - Wario's W [Wario Series]

17 - FOX Unit Logo [Metal Gear Solid Series]

18 - Pit's Bow [Kid Icarus Series]

19 - ?

20 - Hedgehog Head [sonic Series]

If 1-14 are vets and 15 and higher are new challengers... It looks like 13 might very well be Mr. Game & Watch since he's the only person left who could be a vet who's icon hasn't be unveiled yet.

Ok, i'll bite. Where did you get this list? Where can you see the icons?

Previous to this update, Pit's icon was numbered as 18, the highest. Now with the unveiling of Sonic, his icon is numbered at 20...

Any guesses as to what icon 19 will be?

Edit: Also it looks like icon 13 is still yet to be unveiled...

13 is Game and Watch, as 12 through 14 all seem to be franchises that debuted in Melee, and G&W is the only one left to reveal from that game. 15 on are franchises new to Brawl, and seem to be alphabetically ordered by their Japanese names translated to English. That means 19 has to be a franchise between Myth of Light (Kid Icarus) and Sonic the Hedgehog.

Possibilities I can immediately think of off the top of my head are Rockman, Pac-man, Pikmin, and Punch Out.

That also means that Castlevania, Resident Evil, and any Square-Enix franchise (except Wild Arms and Xenogears) are right out, since their letters have already been passed up.

Oh, and incidentally - in the trailer, after Bowser and Peach's inexplicable dancing, Pit appears to be descending from the sky!... does this mean a return of character intros (as with the original Smash Bros.?)

I'm sure of it...there are too many hints that make me think about it.....like Snake with all the electricity saying "Keep you waiting, uh?"

01 - Smash Emblem

04 - Star [Kirby Series]

13 - ?

19 - ?

If 1-14 are vets and 15 and higher are new challengers... It looks like 13 might very well be Mr. Game & Watch since he's the only person left who could be a vet who's icon hasn't be unveiled yet.

So who can be the 19? That's the question...

Yea but he doesn't fall in the category of being a vet... Icons 1-14 are icons of series that have already made an appearance in Smash. It's very possible that there will be many more characters. Melee had 25 (26 if you're picky and count Sheik) and we've yet to get to 25 characters... Is it safe to assume the original four secret characters from 64 (Luigi, Captain Falcon, Jigglypuff, and Ness) are going to return again? I'd like to say they're keeping those four a secret as a throwback to the original Smash... but that's just me.

Dude, G-T, that sig making, while simple, was fast. Kudos to probably be one of the first people with sig stuffs from that update (that actually took some sort of work besides screen cap).

And, indeed, sneaky use of spy-like tactics to figure out the 1-20 thing, although I agree with Raziellink; 20 franchises, while a lot to be certain, could still be expanded on. And, personally, after they take care of the Falcon update, I'd like to see them add something totally off the wall. I mean, we all, deep down, knew that Sonic was in. Now, we need him to do something crazy again to show us he's not mellowing out during crunch time.

--Jack Kieser

I don't like Sonic as a character, but it's a very nice update and he looks like he may play quite nicely.

Am I the only one uber excited about the adventure mode though? Blasting through the barrel invested jungle of DK simply looks fantastic :) Just like old times. *flashback to me playing DKC1 over 10 years* (wow, I had bad hair back then ;) )

I'm hoping the release in Europe will follow shortly after US release. T__T;

This is the second time that a video involving Sonic has made me wonder if I was dreaming. The other was the revealing of Shadow the Hedgehog, and that was more wondering if I was stuck in a nightmare.

But this is just epic. I agree with the assertings that Megaman is most likely in, he'd work too well to pass up.

but Tails

You'd tolerate emo-angst gun toting 'dark loner' hedgehog, but not the most iconic character in the series besides Sonic himself?

01 - Smash Emblem

04 - Star [Kirby Series]

13 - ?

19 - ?

So, is there a possibility all the logos are uploaded to the site already? If so, I say we all try to force the link to #13.

Damn it all! Well, it was worth a shot. And how nutty would THAT have been? I can almost hear Sakurai now...

"And here is our 'hidden' info! You can see it right here on this page? Isn't it convenient?"

--Jack Kieser

EDIT: You know, I have to say that after scrutinizing the video so many times, what I consider to be the best part about this update is that Sonic actually looks and (seems like he) feels like Sonic. I was joking with some friends earlier and said, "See? Look! Sonic can be awesome when he's not in the hands of Sonic Team!"... but it seems that's exactly the case. For the first time in a long time, Sonic looks like he's himself again, and that's awesome. I mean, he looks, moves, and acts exactly like I would have expected him to do. I was really impressed when I saw all the effort put into Snake with the voice actors and the CODEC sequences... but I have to say, seeing Sonic as a badass again feels just about as good, if not better.

Kudo, Sakurai, for actually putting your heart and soul into Sonic. We as gamers really appreciate it, because you're on the path of giving us one of our icons back.

...and fuck Sonic Team.

I seriously doubt we'll see any more Sonic characters beyond assist trophies. Remember, Sakurai said after Snake we'll be looking at 1 or 2 more third party characters. If there is another third party character it's most likely going to be Bomberman or Megaman or someone along those lines.

you know who should be number 19

Viewtiful Joe..hell yeah Henshin-A-Go-Go Baby!

what that was the GCN game of the year and was really loved by the critics and he'd be sweet for brawl

...though that would be a dream..sigh...chances are that Dan Smith might get in over Joe though..stupid lack of fans