Super Smash Bros. Brawl

CE

I like X better than Rock, but that's just me. The latter would probably be chosen to represent the series as a whole.

I'd prefer zero to either of those actually. But thats not gonna happen cause he isn't the mascot of the megaman games. I could see him being an assist and he just runs in, blasts someone's arm off and leaves.

Wait, why?

So Sonic joins. What little dialog he has is of course, corny as everything he says in his new games. Bring back the un-arrogant Sonic from 2D sega. *Sighs* I guess I could just pretend.

I dunno, he seemed kind of arrogant/attitudey in a way in the old games too (and the movie, and the american cartoons), the way they characterized him in the newer games didn't seem to be much of a leap at all beyound adding voices to the characters.

I feel kind of giddy about this update, but sad too because Tails is awesome and it's pretty certain he won't be a playable character along side sonic.

Sonic looks like a fun character to play, I'm still going to main Yoshi though.

I just now thought of something; I guess it's kind of obvious, but it's really early here, and I'm still kind of out of it.

Ok, so Sonic will, apparently, be an active character in the Subspace Emissary... that means that the third party character will actually be included in this little storyline... which, theoretically means that Snake can have a part in the story, too. Personally, I think that's great, as it would have been strange if the third party characters were left out of SSE just because they were third party... and because if you're going to fight an army, why WOULDN'T you want Solid Snake on your side?

Not to mention the fastest being alive. That helps, too. :)

--Jack Kieser

I just now thought of something; I guess it's kind of obvious, but it's really early here, and I'm still kind of out of it.

Ok, so Sonic will, apparently, be an active character in the Subspace Emissary... that means that the third party character will actually be included in this little storyline... which, theoretically means that Snake can have a part in the story, too. Personally, I think that's great, as it would have been strange if the third party characters were left out of SSE just because they were third party... and because if you're going to fight an army, why WOULDN'T you want Solid Snake on your side?

Not to mention the fastest being alive. That helps, too. :)

--Jack Kieser

Actually, I've never understood why people have been saying third-party characters won't be involved in the story. The whole SSB universe is basically one great big parody (as the Metal Gear codec clips have demonstrated) -- any character can be made to fit very easily. I also can't see why the mere fact of being third-party would make a difference. If the characters' original companies had some sort of problem with what Nintendo was doing with the characters in SSB, they wouldn't have licensed the characters to Nintendo in the first place.

Bring back the un-arrogant Sonic from 2D sega. *Sighs* I guess I could just pretend.

Sonic's always been arrogant and too cool for school. In Sonic 1 and 2 he's get pissed and tap his foot if you made him wait. Additionally, Sega's marketting and advertising departments were on record saying that the tried to make a Sonic look cooler and have "more attitude" than Mario, his chief competition at the time. He's always been like that, and like they said above, he's been portrayed that way in all the cartoons, comic books, and such 15 years ago. The more recent games are a different intepretation of the character, but fundamentally he's the same quirky, attitude filled hedgehog.

:)

After all, we all know Family Matter's Jaleel White is the true voice of Sonic. (I just bought the Sonic SatAm series last week...)

DID IIII DO THAAAT???

HEH HEH HA *SNORT*

.... okay that's enough Steve Urkel stuff.

<Larry> when it's out, you and every other whiner will still buy it/play it

<Nicholas> hell ya i will

<Nicholas> no doubt in my mind on that

<Larry> then your complaints are a moot point

<Nicholas> im mainly bitter cause i requested the release date off and its hard as fuck for me to get days off at my job

<Nicholas> so its like

<Nicholas> fuck

truth

Worth it. I'd rather see it delayed and have them take the time to perfect it than see them rush it out the door unfinished.

I say, as long as it's here by Christmas time, it's fine. What would be best is if they timed up the release of the game with an influx of unit wii shipments to retailers (so, you know I could play the game on my own wii,) but I don't see either of those things happening. And, Taucer, I agree that the developers should have some flexibility on their release date, but they should be accountable for having the game out in a reasonable amount of time (I'm hoping this quarter, but it better not end up pulling a Twilight Princess.)

I say, as long as it's here by Christmas time, it's fine. What would be best is if they timed up the release of the game with an influx of unit wii shipments to retailers (so, you know I could play the game on my own wii,) but I don't see either of those things happening. And, Taucer, I agree that the developers should have some flexibility on their release date, but they should be accountable for having the game out in a reasonable amount of time (I'm hoping this quarter, but it better not end up pulling a Twilight Princess.)

Oh man, if they pulled a Twilight Princess, I would be very saddened...

Where exactly are you guys seeing these damn icons?

A link would be very helpful.

I would post it but I'm at work....damn filters!!!! But the icons are on the top left of each update. For example, Sonic. Where you see his name (above his picture) to the left of his name shows his icon. I hope this helps. If not, can someone post an image, and if possible not from Smashbros.....filter blocks the images from there.....