Super Smash Bros. Brawl

CE

Someone mentioned the N team...

Seriously... Megaman, Simon, and captain N. That's all we need. That's it. Already have Pit. We're 1/4th of the way there! lol.

haha, yeah, after thinking about it, my money is on MegaMan's Brawl appearance.

so wait, did Captain N show up anywhere outside of North America? Does Japan even know about him?

edit:

Captain N for Brawl!

Someone said it earlier, but if Mega Man (the Classic version) makes it in, Brawl is basically complete. Assuming Falcon makes his return, which frankly I don't see why he wouldn't, as F-Zero's still really popular, you can't get much more awesome than Mega Man. Someone did bring up the idea of a Belmont, which I would fully support as well. Now, if Mega Man and a Belmont (probably Simon) joined in, then it would be hands down the most awesome game on the Wii.

Hey Guys! I got some amazing news that will rock your socks off! We have practically an official confirmation of a new character in Brawl!

If you look at the closely at the newest update... you can see this image near the bottom of the page.

sonic_071010d-l.jpg

Now, if you use Photoshop on that blob in the bottom right corner. You'll need to sharpen, apply Tiles, blur it a little, zoom in, liquify around the top of the blob, and use the splatter filter, you can almost make it out...

marCONFIRMED.jpg

Yes, do you see what I see? It's official, guys. Mario is in Smash Brother Brawl! Either that or maybe I am seeing Megaman. It's a little hard to tell, but I think we can say it's official.

:tomatoface:

Ah. Apologies.

Anyhow, this is just a thought - a highly unlikely one - but were they to include more than one Sonic character, I'd welcome E-102 Gamma.

Also, Mario and Sonic co-op is going to be beautiful. Like a gaming spiritual experience.

EDIT: Eh?! Where'd the post go?

Someone said it earlier, but if Mega Man (the Classic version) makes it in, Brawl is basically complete. Assuming Falcon makes his return, which frankly I don't see why he wouldn't, as F-Zero's still really popular, you can't get much more awesome than Mega Man. Someone did bring up the idea of a Belmont, which I would fully support as well. Now, if Mega Man and a Belmont (probably Simon) joined in, then it would be hands down the most awesome game on the Wii.

I know its improbable (I'll never say impossible with this game at this point though.) but another nostalgia bomb-shell along with those guys would be Ryu Hayabusa. He's synonymous with X-Box now but come on...who's memory of the 8 to 16 bit era doesn't have the old Ninja Gaiden games highly regarded?

And Vic Viper as an assist trophy.

Yeah, there is no word on America's release date yet. I believe we were already getting it weeks before Japan anyway.

But I couldn't conceive anything that would affect Japan's release yet leave America's unscathed when the game is originally made in Japan.

The more I think about it, the more logical a choice is picking a character from a Capcom franchise... Belmont, Megaman, or Ryu. or even viewtiful joe. or A Resident Evil character. Capcom has a ton of great characters and to me is the best candidate for a 3rd party appearance in Smash since Nintendo and Capcom worked together on quite a few of the Zelda titles on GameBoy Color back in the day, and even some recent ones.

Capcom supports Nintendo with great software usually before other systems get stuff (Resident Evil 4, Viewtiful Joe, Killer 7)so I think it's logical to make a guess that they'll be the next (and last?) character to appear, if Sakurai even lets one more 3rd party character in.... he said 2 or 3, remember?

Pursuing the line of reasoning that says companies with close relationships to Nintendo are more likely ...

It's possible we'll see a Hudson Soft character -- probably would be Bomberman. Hudson's in charge of the Mario Party Games, so the background is there.

Or Namco. They did stuff with Star Fox and the Mario Kart arcade game -- which had Pac-Man as a playable character. I think he'd be the most likely Namco character, although I can't imagine his special moves being very interesting.

Personally, I want to see classic Mega Man. Although I'd settle for Chun-Li, too. It would be fun to see a character from a traditional fighting game in SSB.

Sonic is here.... wow, I was hoping that sonic was not going to be in brawl. Not sure why. mostly cause all his recent games suck.... but after seeing his intro video... I am excited to play as him.

My sentiments were exactly that. He looks really well integrated. I am thoroughly please.. and even stoked now.