Super Smash Bros. Brawl

CE

No!!!! My internets are down for 2 and a half hours, and when I can finally check the Smash Update, I find Little Mac... as an ASSIST TROPHY!! NOOOO!!!

...I was REALLY hoping that he would be a playable, but I suppose it just isn't to be... Still, fucking awesome that he's actually in the game in some capacity. I suppose I'll live.

Damn assist...

--Jack Kieser

No!!!! My internets are down for 2 and a half hours, and when I can finally check the Smash Update, I find Little Mac... as an ASSIST TROPHY!! NOOOO!!!

...I was REALLY hoping that he would be a playable, but I suppose it just isn't to be... Still, fucking awesome that he's actually in the game in some capacity. I suppose I'll live.

Damn assist...

--Jack Kieser

I was highly anticipating Little Mac in Playable Form myself, too. However him just being in the game tells us that Nintendo has not forgotten about him, and does listen to us, sometimes. I am extremely happy that they went with the NES version too, AND the fact that they rendered him in 3D instead of leaving him as a 2D sprite. Ah, the nostalgia...

This is pretty much how I imagined they would bring in Little Mac. He is cool enough to be a player character, as cool as Ness, Yoshi, or Ice Climbers at least. And he fits into the game as well as anyone else (Snake?). The problem as I see it is that he's a boxer. He can only punch, and only above the belt. How do you design a move set for that? The assist trophy covers the only attacks he could possibly do.

Taking up a slot that could be put to better use by a more deserving character. Little Mac is cool, but he's like Ice Climbers cool - not really cool enough to be playable in Smash if it means someone else gets cut.

I heartily disagree. If given the choice I would have sacrificed all of the Pokemon combined just to have a playable Mac. And whoever said that he looks out of place is wrong - Is he out of place when put beside Snake, or Wario? No, there is no such thing as out of place in Smash Brothers. You could put in a flying turd sandwich that shoots hadokens and it would fit right in.

Little Mac deserves to be there just as much as Pit does. King Hippo and Bald Bull should have have been assist trophies, and Mac should have been playable. So there, I said it.

I could see Little Mac as part of the Smash cast. His boxing style could add a lot of variety. Oh well at least he is an assist.

Yeah, I agree. Not even funny how much I liked Punch-Out!!, and while I think it would have been cool if he were somehow a playable character, I'm glad the game is at least getting representation through him as an assist.

Come on Capt. Olimar for playable character!! Pikmin would have to at least be an assist, but given all the "lots of little stuff" assists they already have, they'd be a little redundant in this respect.

Little Mac doesn't really appeal to me as anything more than an assist trophy. Making him playable would just seem a little absurd to me. Mostly because a generic (if runt sized) boxer doesn't really strike me as interesting compared to just about all the other characters that come from worlds with things like space pirates, monstrous turtles, and crocodiles that like to eat bananas.

He really just doesn't fit in because his game is pretty down to earth in relation to the other characters available.

Little Mac doesn't really appeal to me as anything more than an assist trophy. Making him playable would just seem a little absurd to me. Mostly because a generic (if runt sized) boxer doesn't really strike me as interesting compared to just about all the other characters that come from worlds with things like space pirates, monstrous turtles, and crocodiles that like to eat bananas.

He really just doesn't fit in because his game is pretty down to earth in relation to the other characters available.

Oh yeah, because all of the fighters should be stuffed animals from alternate dimensions. Definitely too cool for a little boxer from the Bronx who beats up men five times his size. Yeah, that cowardly Pokemon trainer is way cooler than Little Mac, I'm sure of it.

Earlier update said that when players break the rules, they turn back into trophies! But hinted that there was a way to turn them back...

Crazy Idea...

Certain Assist Trophies are actually playable characters that have yet to be unlocked!

Probably wishful thinking... but it would be nice...

I don't think that's what Cobaltstarfire meant. I do feel your pain Megadave. I think Mac would have been an awesome addition to the Smash crew. Like I said before, at least he's an assist so he gets recognized in some way.

On a somewhat unrelated note, for some reason Ashley's Song has been stuck in my head for the past two days. I have to say, I think that's one of my favorite songs so far.

I don't think that's what Cobaltstarfire meant. I do feel your pain Megadave. I think Mac would have been an awesome addition to the Smash crew. Like I said before, at least he's an assist so he gets recognized in some way.

On a somewhat unrelated note, for some reason Ashley's Song has been stuck in my head for the past two days. I have to say, I think that's one of my favorite songs so far.

Uh, maybe he didn't mean that, it's no big deal either way. It's just a video game, but he'd be an awesome character and wouldn't stick out as much as some people think he would. I'm over it. Next.

Ashley's theme is cool. I hope she makes it in as a full character and has some wicked evil spells complete with a Halloween-ish stage. After all, I wouldn't mind seeing some characters that aren't super-popular.