Super Smash Bros. Brawl

CE

I think it would be cool to see Ashley in Smash as well. She could be the next Mr. Game & Watch in the quirky-ness factor. That and the fact that my fiancee loves the character Ashley (ironicly her name is Ashley too!)

Also, if I'm not mistaken, Cobalt is a woamn not a a guy. :wink:

I think it would be cool to see Ashley in Smash as well. She could be the next Mr. Game & Watch in the quirky-ness factor. That and the fact that my fiancee loves the character Ashley (ironicly her name is Ashley too!)

Also, if I'm not mistaken, Cobalt is a woamn not a a guy. :wink:

Wow, you learn something every day. Last time I recalled, women didn't exist on the internet, but I'll take your word for it. I need to stop posting in this thread so much.

Wow, you learn something every day. Last time I recalled, women didn't exist on the internet, but I'll take your word for it. I need to stop posting in this thread so much.

Yeah it's a common misconception about the internet.

Radical Dreamer: Wagyna; you can play with it in more ways than one.

Oh yeah, because all of the fighters should be stuffed animals from alternate dimensions. Definitely too cool for a little boxer from the Bronx who beats up men five times his size. Yeah, that cowardly Pokemon trainer is way cooler than Little Mac, I'm sure of it.

Look, I understand that you're pissed he's not playable, but aren't you getting a bit defensive? I completely agree with Little Mac as nothing more than an assist trophy - while I have every bit of confidence in Sakurai's abilities to pull character moves out of his ass when there's nothing to back them up, Little Mac has really nothing interesting about him. He's from a boxing game. He can punch in a couple of different ways, dodge, or block. Whoohoo. No space pirates, no mushrooms of incredible power, no transforming princesses or magic or wonderland of ice to climb or anything. He's a good assist trophy, and that's pretty much all.

Look, I understand that you're pissed he's not playable, but aren't you getting a bit defensive? I completely agree with Little Mac as nothing more than an assist trophy - while I have every bit of confidence in Sakurai's abilities to pull character moves out of his ass when there's nothing to back them up, Little Mac has really nothing interesting about him. He's from a boxing game. He can punch in a couple of different ways, dodge, or block. Whoohoo. No space pirates, no mushrooms of incredible power, no transforming princesses or magic or wonderland of ice to climb or anything. He's a good assist trophy, and that's pretty much all.

maybe you're not that much of a boxing fan? little mac would work great as a character if they applied stuff from black and bruised to his attacks

So wavedashing is out? I expect people are probably going to be very upset about this. Sure, it sucks, but a lot of people think that just because they can wavedash that it makes them a good player.

Just have to adapt to the changes in Brawl I guess.

edit: oh snap, 1st post for page 800. lol

maybe you're not that much of a boxing fan? little mac would work great as a character if they applied stuff from black and bruised to his attacks

Or maybe I'm just not a fan of Punchout, as most gamers aren't. Seriously, being in as an assist trophy is a blessing, people. Everyone BAWWWs when they find out the character they was hoping was in is an assist trophy (Lyn...), when they should be glad they're in the game at all. My annoyance isn't with people being fans of Little Mac, it's with people who act like they got shortchanged somehow. Just be grateful, people. At the very least, Sakurai doesn't have to do these daily updates for us.

LOL! I've heard that before! "I can WD, but I don't need to." or "Sure I can do it, it just doesn't help me."

Is WDing overrated? Way. But, if you can do it, yet don't do it in a match, you're a fool. There is nothing to lose from using WDing, it will only help you combo and mindgame better. It's that simple.

If you claim to be able to WD, but don't, you are an idiot, or you are Aniki.

I just wanted to give my two cents on the subject of Little Mac.

Love PunchOut!

Happy with the assist trophy.

HOWEVER, to people saying he's to generic compared to other characters, Killer Instinct had TJ combo, also a boxing character that worked. Yes, I realize that KI is a different type of fighting game, but it shows that boxers can have a wealth of interesting moves, (rolling punches, running punches, etc.) could be done, and I don't think anyone disagrees with that (in fact someone that didn't want LittleMac as playable stated this.) Same with Balrog in Street Fighter II. Both boxers with plenty of interesting move sets.

all in all, seeing a fighter that is strictly into one real style of fighting might be an interesting change of pace for a character in Smash Bros... everyone has an interesting eclectic mix of moves so far (it would seem). Seeing someone strictly into say drunken kung fu would be real interesting....

and... images of a drunken Pichu doing kung fu has entered my head. haha. Good times.

anyway, thats my two coins.

Btw... did anyone see this Mario and Sonic at the Olympics video? What Mario says is absolutely hilarious...

http://us.video.aol.com/player/launcher?ar=us_en_video_748x541_full&mode=1&pmmsid=2003501

I just wanted to give my two cents on the subject of Little Mac.

Love PunchOut!

Happy with the assist trophy.

HOWEVER, to people saying he's to generic compared to other characters, Killer Instinct had a TJ combo, also a boxing character that worked. Yes, I realize their's a difference in the type of fighting game, but it could be done, and I don't think anyone disagrees with that (in fact someone that didn't like want LittleMac as playable stated this.)

all in all, seeing a fighter that is strictly into one style of fighting might be an interesting change of pace for a character in Smash Bros...

anyway, thats my two coins.

Great idea. They should make TJ Combo a character in Brawl.

I was a little disappointed that Little Mac wasn't a playable character, but I'm still really glad he's a trophy, and especially that they more or less used his design from the original NES game, because I think he looks pretty stupid in Super Punch Out for SNES.

Still, I mean, they have those stupid Ice Climbers as playable characters, and not Mac?

Isn't Killer Instinct technically Rare? And doesn't Rare work for some other company now? They probably won't be able to use any of them. Otherwise they would almost certainly add Fulgore, who I always sort of understood to be the most representative character of the series.

And yeah that DK and Diddy trailer is great. Hard to make someone look badass when they're weilding little wooden guns that spit circus peanuts, but they managed.