Super Smash Bros. Brawl

CE

Fuck everyone who whines about Wavedashing not being in the game. Who the fuck cares about it not being in there. It was a glitch to begin with.

OHGNOES I CANT BE TOP PLAYER BECUZ ID ONT HAVE MY EXPLOITS! EXPLOITZ!!!!

If finding exploits makes you top tier, then you are fucking sad. Sure, Wavedashing in MELEE helped, but this is BRAWL. Learn how to play BRAWL and you shall be fine.

Fucking SSB64 didn't have WD and people still play THAT competitively, so why can't people play Brawl in the same fashion.

God damn.

ps- smash boards a load of omg shut the fuck up right now cause holy shiiiit are the whiners so fucking stupid

ADAPT DAMN IT ADAPT

So, uh, anyone actually been paying attention to feedback from the events, or do we only care about wavedashing?

'Cause the Norfair stage looks like it'll have some neat hazards and Tails is an assist trophy. Fox is reportedly slower.

I think that with Sonic around, any character would be slower, even C.Falcon...

Brawl delayed until May 2008 to add wavedashing.

C'mon people, this is like if Nintendo made MKDS 2 and snaking was removed. Sure, it sucks that things change, but I'm going to get used to it.

This wouldn't be the first game that has had a change to the mechanics, yet people still play the shit out of it.

Eh, this whole WD talk is retarded now.

I'm going to jump on the short bust out of this conversation.

No point on going any further. I'm over it.

haha, oh wow

nice sneaking your way out of it when you were completely refuted.

can't man up when you're wrong eh?

man that conversation was hilarious

CS: talks about wavedashing

us: gives a bunch of valid points showing how he's completely wrong

CS: im done here! o=<

it just makes you look like an idiot when you can't admit when you're wrong, and everyone is wrong from time to time.

Anybody who's been whining about wavedashing is actually saying that they're totally dependent on that move to be a skilled player. Hell, I actually didn't know of the move's existence until recently via YouTube.

Anyway...yeah...deal with the change. I think that the team is trying to achieve a new pace with Brawl. Everyone has been saying that Brawl moves a bit choppy...when in actuality Nintendo seems to be slowing down the speed of gameplay to something in between the original Smash Bros. and Melee.

haha, oh wow

it just makes you look like an idiot when you can't admit when you're wrong, and everyone is wrong from time to time.

was he for or against the removal

wavedashing is simply taking advantage of a bug in the game. should it be illegal? no. should it be a feature in the next iteration? absolutely not. its a bug and was never intended to be there. it should be fixed. however im not going to complain if someone uses it in melee.

its just like exploits in sequence breaking/speed runs. take advantage now while you can, but theyll be fixed in the next iteration, in which new bugs will be found and exploited.

it wasn't even a bug. it's just airdodging. airdodges give you momentum, and when you land your momentum and traction determine how far you slide. as you get better, you eventually realize this kind of stuff.

and they didn't just blatantly remove the wavedash technique from brawl, they completely redid the airdodge system. in one video where a guy is fighting a computer mario, you can even see that they have their AI system set up so that the computers know how to jump in the direction they want to airdodge to recover.

wavedashing is simply taking advantage of a bug in the game. should it be illegal? no. should it be a feature in the next iteration? absolutely not. its a bug and was never intended to be there. it should be fixed. however im not going to complain if someone uses it in melee.

its just like exploits in sequence breaking/speed runs. take advantage now while you can, but theyll be fixed in the next iteration, in which new bugs will be found and exploited.

I totally agree with you.

i just hate that there are thousands and thousands of people who post on the site but otherwise aren't actually a part of the competitive smash community, which is just a handful of several hundred people. and everyone sees what these people say and think it reflects the hardcore smashers' opinions. this is what brings up shit like the ED article "tourneyfag", although the final destination meme is hilarious even though most pros dont even like final destination lolz

So, uh, anyone actually been paying attention to feedback from the events, or do we only care about wavedashing?

'Cause the Norfair stage looks like it'll have some neat hazards and Tails is an assist trophy. Fox is reportedly slower.

No no no no no...

It's more important to talk about what SSBB isn't.

I am pissed because there is no experience point, and the troop management sucks, and you can't drive around in a stolen car.

haha, oh wow

Nah, this just makes you look like an idiot.

This is what I was avoiding.

was he for or against the removal

I don't care. I'm for getting the damn game. Thats all I care about.

And those sons of bitches didn't honor my fucking receipt!

$40 dollars gone.

It'll be neat to see the game without wavedashing! Just think, people who are THAT good at melee, but DON'T wavedash? It'll look a lot cooler!

As for this weeks updates: C'mon, New Pork City is like the best stage so far (okay, well, that is a matter of opinion). I was expecting something a bit better this week, at least something like a moveset for Lucas or Captain Falcon/Ness, but I guess we'll have to wait until next week? I'm sure they'll do SOMETHING neat next week...