Super Smash Bros. Brawl

CE

This is hilarious. Let the Internet nerd army howl in despair as their precious video game exploits vanish. Those losers can whine all the want and continue to play Melee, classifying themselves as true gamers or whatever, but I'm gonna enjoy having a life, not being an overly competitive douche about a video game (maybe those two are the same point), and playing Smash the way it was intended.

As fun as it was to dwell on wavedashing for that bit, I think we should really drop it as it's gone a lot longer than most of us thought it would. We all have different views on it but one thing for certain is that we shouldn't complain it's gone. Done deal.

Anyways. Thanks for the report on everything Kiyosuki. I was meaning to ask though... if Mario was now more like Dr. Mario? Mario's forward air (THE FIST) spiked people while Dr. Mario's forward air knocked people back. I might have seen Mario use the fist in Brawn but not sure. I could have sworn it had knockback instead of spike ability. Maybe you got to try that out?

Because the crowd was rather large and things went really fast I couldn't get really that much into details. He just felt like regular Mario to me.

His reflect cape move thingie looks a bit faster though.

I wouldn't worry about the people putting up a shitfest over the wavedashing ordeal. I'm sure there's other new complexities people will find out, its a new experience. Some gamers just don't handle change very well, it goes without saying. I bet they'll probably go to Brawl eventually anyways its all bravado.

Whats funny is Wavedashing is not that big a deal. Its useful and its nifty a trick to master I guess but its not like this groundbreaking and game balance destroying monster exploit. Hell the really good players don't even use it that much from what I've seen, its a selective move. I think some people just treat the Wavedash like some easy way to make themselves look good in a crowd so thats why they talk about it so damn much.

Well in the end they're complaining and making a huge claim they won't play the new game off of first hand impressions of a game thats not even officially out yet so that says everything. I wouldn't worry about it.

Too bad people couldn't do so well with Pikachu - he was always one of my best, along with the nonexistent Captain Falcon. Thanks for the updates!

I hope this means we won't see a billion meta-knights every time we play online...

Well remember this is a demo, this doesn't mean that this is final and that Pikachu sucks while Metaknight is destined to dominate. These are just impressions.

Metaknight is cheap but he's far from unkillable, I downed quite a few. He's light. And I have to repeat again that FS of his really does kinda suck in comparison to the others.

I bet you all anything they're saving Captain Falcon for last. He's kind of a fan favorite in a funny but lovable way.

I was meaning to ask though... if Mario was now more like Dr. Mario? Mario's forward air (THE FIST) spiked people while Dr. Mario's forward air knocked people back. I might have seen Mario use the fist in Brawn but not sure. I could have sworn it had knockback instead of spike ability. Maybe you got to try that out?

From what I've read on Smashboards, it has Doc-style knock if Mario's fist is above his head, and spike-style knock if you hit when Mario's fist is in front of him

From what I've read on Smashboards, it has Doc-style knock if Mario's fist is above his head, and spike-style knock if you hit when Mario's fist is in front of him

Uh... shouldn't that be the other way around. That currently doesn't make sense... but nice to see they have some awesome dynamics to the fist.

Uh... shouldn't that be the other way around. That currently doesn't make sense... but nice to see they have some awesome dynamics to the fist.

I don't think so. If he hits while his fist is above his head, it will be moving mostly horizontally, causing the opponent to go in the same direction. His fist will be moving vertically downward when it's in front of him.

I wonder when Brawl has been out for a while and people start working with tourney-style rules if they'll disable all items except Smash Balls, but keep it on the lowest spawn rate. It'd kind of suck to see ZSS never played because of that. It'd be nice if they give Samus the option to start out as ZSS like Zelda/Sheik.

I highly doubt they'd make this without putting captain falcon in it.

But I still wanna see the cane of pacci from zmc

edit---

I wouldn't be saprized if there were more new characters than the six they've mentioned. Look at melee. It had a shitload of new guys that weren't mentioned. well I never heard of them till the game came out. I think the New characters are jus the ones you don't have to unlock. that's my guess.

I wonder when Brawl has been out for a while and people start working with tourney-style rules if they'll disable all items except Smash Balls, but keep it on the lowest spawn rate.

That's if the Smash Ball will even be on the item switch list.

I just thinking, because of the pure power of the smash ball they might exclude it from the item switch so that you don't end up having a game where they are the only item enabled on maximum spawn.

They might decide to preserve the awesomeness of the Final Smash by making us have no control over if and how often the SB's appear. Cos really, do you expect to see a SB every match you play? FS's will really become trivial if we can suddenly summon a smash ball every ten seconds using the item switch. I reckon we'll just be able to enable them or disable them and the rest will be purely up to the luck of the game. Any other thoughts on this?

Cos really, do you expect to see a SB every match you play? FS's will really become trivial if we can suddenly summon a smash ball every ten seconds using the item switch. I reckon we'll just be able to enable them or disable them and the rest will be purely up to the luck of the game. Any other thoughts on this?

In some of the demo matches, there have been three final smash balls in only two minutes.

temp2ny6.jpg

I'm really hoping that this time, you can turn on/off specific item containers (boxes, barrels, capsules, exploding boxes, exploding barrels, exploding capsules, sliding boxes, exploding sliding boxes, party balls, sexy party balls, exploding sliding party box capsules, barrel party explosion balls, partly explosive box barrels, white sox box rawk hawk rocks socks 5 stock question mark block... ummmm, never mind)

temp2ny6.jpg

I'm really hoping that this time, you can turn on/off specific item containers (boxes, barrels, capsules, exploding boxes, exploding barrels, exploding capsules, sliding boxes, exploding sliding boxes, party balls, sexy party balls, exploding sliding party box capsules, barrel party explosion balls, partly explosive box barrels, white sox box rawk hawk rocks socks 5 stock question mark block... ummmm, never mind)

Is this a real image? I've never see that...