Super Smash Bros. Brawl

CE

Teehee! It's him! I'm pretty sure it's pronounced "dee dee dee". Up until a couple years ago, I followed the damn "silent e" rule and thought it was "king de-deed" :oops:

Kirby's been seen using a new aerial hammer move in Subspace Emissary (one that actually looked useful)... but was that his new sideways-special move, or was it stolen from Dedede??? I'm personally hoping that Kirby has no hammer move (unless it's stolen from Dedede, or other Subspace baddies), saving his side-special move for something more interesting.

Bombs? Sword? Fire? Electricity? ....WHEEL??!!?!

It would be awesome if Jigglypuff kept her spinning move (or, a less suicidal and more fun variation of it rather), and then Kirby could steal it and turn into a wheel ^_^

Wow. Three characters for the Kirby slot! This is... well, to say the least, a bit confusing, but I'm delighted to see it!

I hope this means we can expect the same lavish treatment of all the franchises... but then again, Kirby is Sakurai's brainchild, so perhaps he's just giving the series the attention he thought it deserved in the first place. Smash Bros-wise. Do we know approx. how many characters total will be in this?...

Heh. I'm looking forward to hearing Snake's briefing on the King...

"Otacon! There's a penguin waving a mallet around!..."

THIS IS EXACTLY WHAT I"M TALKING ABOUT!

Ok, so if we get Ganon back, that'll be 3 boss characters with Dedede in now... this is so sweet. I'm sorta glad I'm up at nearly 3 AM here. :P

I think I'll abstain from Smash blog for a while. I want some surprises when I get the game... although I'm not sure if I can avoid all game news until Feb. Hmmm.... this sucks in a good way. :)

King Dedede pronounced:

King Day-day-day. Emphasis on the first and last, so it's kind of like saying "Day to day" very quickly, with the 'to' being a middle 'duh' sound, i.e. DAYduhDAY.

Hope that helps.

edit: Just to clarify, this is my (slightly informed) opinion, and may be incorrect. Best results will occur when we hear the smash bros. announcer.

Changing the subject: HOLY SHIT AWESOME REMIX OF THE JUNGLE JAPES THEME IN THE DK VIDEO.

That is all.

If they even this time will not make a complete Soundtrack disc (that I will buy) I will kill'em!

Wow, this is awesome.

The way things are going, maybe Ridley really is a possibility.

I think Ridley will be in as a boss....his dimensions cannot allow him to join the playable characters....

If they even this time will not make a complete Soundtrack disc (that I will buy) I will kill'em!

I think Ridley will be in as a boss....his dimensions cannot allow him to join the playable characters....

Allow me to play devil's advocate for a second here... but isnt Metal ridley... a bit.. smaller? Anyway, I dont foresee a playable ridley. Maybe a possessed fusion suit. That would be fun. EPIC RIDLEY BOSS FIGHT!!!!!8O

Allow me to play devil's advocate for a second here... but isnt Metal ridley... a bit.. smaller? Anyway, I dont foresee a playable ridley. Maybe a possessed fusion suit. That would be fun. EPIC RIDLEY BOSS FIGHT!!!!!8O

Living Chozo Statue for Brawl 08.

King Dedede pronounced:

King Day-day-day. Emphasis on the first and last, so it's kind of like saying "Day to day" very quickly, with the 'to' being a middle 'duh' sound, i.e. DAYduhDAY.

Hope that helps.

edit: Just to clarify, this is my (slightly informed) opinion, and may be incorrect. Best results will occur when we hear the smash bros. announcer.

I think we can all agree the only way to pronounce it is the Carlos Mencia way.

Gosh, I hate that guy.

Whoever was talking about Ridley as playable needs to rethink their options... Although undeniably cool, Ridley is about 3X-4X the size of Samus, or any other character, for that matter. So shrinking him down would just be an insult to the character itself.

I'm really excited to play as Dedede, I had a hunch he was going to be playable this time around! I still wonder what those 2 other worlds that we haven't seen yet are going to be...

Has anyone thought that they might put Mii's as a character? Think of it: They just have to pop your head on a generic body (or even a Mii body), give you some move sets, and bam! Mii fighter. They really need to do something along these lines.

But, as addressed earlier, Ridley would be one bad ass boss for Subspace Emissary. If Ridley's not in THERE, at least, I will be deeply saddened because Ridley's frigging awesome.

As for the update? Never been much of a Kirby player, but I am thrilled to see Dedede, because now there's probably a hammer-character to play as rather than all the silly sword-characters. Only way THAT could get cooler is if they introduced Hector as playable... >>

Anyway, Dedede looks like he'll be a blast to play. Nothing like a penguin looking thing with a big honkin' hammer. Joy. :)

The self-proclaimed king of Dream Land formally joins the brawl! Mechanizing his wooden mallet, he delivers a mighty, earth-shaking blow!

He joins as a member of the heavyweight class alongside Bowser and Donkey Kong. Can he defeat Kirby?!

iCame.

10char

Wow. Three characters for the Kirby slot! This is... well, to say the least, a bit confusing, but I'm delighted to see it!

I hope this means we can expect the same lavish treatment of all the franchises... but then again, Kirby is Sakurai's brainchild, so perhaps he's just giving the series the attention he thought it deserved in the first place. Smash Bros-wise. Do we know approx. how many characters total will be in this?...

Heh. I'm looking forward to hearing Snake's briefing on the King...

"Otacon! There's a penguin waving a mallet around!..."

Isn't Smash Bros. based off the idea of a kirby superstar where players can fight each other instead of just the computer? So, why not put in characters from the inspirational game in smash.

The first thing I though of when I played smash was . o O (this games's just like kirby superstar only I'm fighting my friends.). When I played KSS I always wished they'd make a game just like it where people could battle each other. A fighting game with simple controls just like KSS, and that's all smash bros. is really. Not to mention both are made by halken laboratory.