Super Smash Bros. Brawl

CE

the stage that i dislike the most so far is starfox's mainly because its just a stage on an axis with an animated background.

the background in FD on melee blended in with the stage, but so far the background animation on the starfox stage *at least from what i saw on the vids at gametrailers* seems to totally not fit and looks ugly as hell

halloween is nothing to sakurai

You obviously missed the jack-o-lantern in the first screenshot.

As much as I would like to say this hints at a playable Balloon Fighter, Sakurai seems to group BF with IC in a "retro" category (see: BF music on Icicle Mountain in Melee), so the fish could just be along as part of that.

Dear new stages: Stop fucking moving

custom stages are going to be very static, and there's an infinite number of those. to me, it seems like "the team" made a conscious decision to make all the new "official" stages dynamic to keep things from getting too stale.

besides, The Summit doesn't actually change all that much. you just get some water below you at one point, but really it looks to stay consistant.

so stop complaining like the sops at smashboards lol :-P

You obviously missed the jack-o-lantern in the first screenshot.

As much as I would like to say this hints at a playable Balloon Fighter, Sakurai seems to group BF with IC in a "retro" category (see: BF music on Icicle Mountain in Melee), so the fish could just be along as part of that.

Yea it doesn't necessarily mean Balloon Fighter will be in it. Though I did hear Balloon Fighter was a candidate for Smash 64... unless I heard wrong.

Why Balloon Fight and not Punch-Out?

Because Balloon Fight is a way better game than Punch-Out.

Also, if Balloon Fighter were playable, why would they put elements from his game on another character's stage? Unless the Balloon Fighter himself doesn't have a stage, which would be strange because any Balloon Fight stage would work as-is as a Smash stage.

Perhaps a Bomberman stage? I remember the good old days of mulitplayer Bomberman 64. Oh, the sounds.

'Ah! Hm! Hup! Ah! BAM Hm! Ah ah hm BAM!'

A Super Bomberman stage was the first thing I made with that editor but... Uh, I couldn't figure out how to show the picture here.

Wait.

A screenshot, maybe? Gimme a minute.

EDIT: K here

bombermanlevel.jpg

I visit the OCR boards everyday. Everyday this thread is always on the front page. I had no idea people liked Smash brothers this much. I rented 64 and unlocked all the characters in Melee but never played it much after that (lack of friends maybe). I would say I'm a fan and am going to purchase the game but I can't get excited over a new final smash/ support character being announced. I didn't know Smash fans were so hardcore. In conclusion Brawl is going to sell a shit-ton of copies, maybe more than Galaxy?