Super Smash Bros. Brawl

CE

Heh, I was just about to ask who Alice is too, but I just remembered she's the hero from "Balloon Kid". You might even say she IS the Balloon Kid. Or, perhaps the Balloon Kid's sister...? Anyway, I hope she's in Brawl. Or even better: a Balloon Kid level with remixes of all the Balloon Kid tracks!!

... =(

Stupid fish, dashing my hopes. The best thing I can hope for now is SOME of the Balloon Kid tracks remixed in the Ice Climbers stage.

And, anyone know any specifics about the water? Can you "meteor smash" characters down through water? Can you attack while swimming? Can you jump, double jump... infinite jump? Does it slow you down? Can you skip across the surface? Do you float? Does the lava in Norfair act like water? Can you make water in the stage editor? Do items float? Does rock Kirby float? What is he like? It's not important. Particle man. Is he a dot, or is he a speck? When he's underwater does he get wet? Or does the water get him instead? Nobody knows, particle man.

And, anyone know any specifics about the water? Can you "meteor smash" characters down through water? Can you attack while swimming? Can you jump, double jump... infinite jump? Does it slow you down? Can you skip across the surface? Do you float? Does the lava in Norfair act like water? Can you make water in the stage editor? Do items float? Does rock Kirby float? What is he like? It's not important. Particle man. Is he a dot, or is he a speck? When he's underwater does he get wet? Or does the water get him instead? Nobody knows, particle man.

You are several types of awesome.

I'm going to assume that some of that was authentic question. I am also going to hope to God (and I'm agnostic!) that the kirby-rock question was for the sake of lyrics.

It looks like there will be free swimming at the surface of the water where if you spend too much time you will be dragged to the bottom by the Doom-Fish. It's hard to say if attacks will be available in the water, but if nothing else, you should be able to use your mid-air jump and recovery move to get out of the water and attack. Or maybe it's just a timing thing, like kirby's normal double-triple-quad jumps; awesomely useful, but limited.

Or, most likely of all, it is a hazard that compels your character to be a synchronized swimmer, where they will wait until an ice-climber uses side-special attack to fish the victim out and eat them as food.

And, anyone know any specifics about the water? Can you "meteor smash" characters down through water? Nobody knows, particle man.

Actually, according to Gimpyfish62, you can meteor characters through the water. You can only stay in it for a limited time, and I don't believe you can attack in it.

Wait a second. If the fourth button on the screen for screen caps/custom stages is "Submit," and the screen looked pretty much the same for replay videos, does anyone else get the feeling Nintendo will be doing a similar "submit one/receive one daily" thing with the replay videos? That would definitely make sense of the three-minute-per-video limitation.

Neato!!! <3 the Warp Powder! And ... heck, I just like them all. I can't wait to see the rest of them. Hopefully there are some really cool ones.

AND another thing, since Daylight savings time ends this weekened, I guess that means we get updates an hour earlier than usual from here on out. :)

Unless Japan time decides to be evil.

Wait... that's a CONDOR?! I always thought it was a pterodactyl.

Easy mistake to make. Just remember, to tell the difference, a Condor is a red cap stealing bastard.

It's too bad Link's intro is so GAY. A whirlwind? Seriously? That's a damned POKEMON MOVE. What happened to his awesome warp? Remember the one where he pulled out his sword and shield as he came down to the battle?

...good times.

--Jack Kieser

Uhh...Farore's Wind? May not be as cool but makes more sense than his previous entry. Could also represent the warp song in Majora's Mask if there were feathers...

I think they are trying to make the entries more like the characters travel or warp into the battle rather than just appearing from nowhere with a cool move. It has a better effect and adds to the game too IMO.

Uhh...Farore's Wind? May not be as cool but makes more sense than his previous entry. Could also represent the warp song in Majora's Mask if there were feathers...

I think they are trying to make the entries more like the characters travel or warp into the battle rather than just appearing from nowhere with a cool move. It has a better effect and adds to the game too IMO.

Farore's Wind is green. Plus, he didn't have it in TP. If they are basing things off of TP, then that can't be it. AT LEAST let Midna warp him in as a wolf and then have him transform! Something... badass! A little more befitting of the character... and more importantly my main.

--Jack Kieser

It's too bad Link's intro is so GAY. A whirlwind? Seriously? That's a damned POKEMON MOVE. What happened to his awesome warp? Remember the one where he pulled out his sword and shield as he came down to the battle?

...good times.

--Jack Kieser

Ever played the first Zelda on the NES? Ever used the flute to transport between dungeons? Yeah

It be cool if there was more than one intro for each character. Or if they interacted with each other on special occasions. Much like Ryu and Ken do. I mean If were going to be playing this for the next 100 years I want more than just one animation, or at least a way to toggle them on/off.