Super Smash Bros. Brawl

CE

We know basically the full movesets for the 14 characters at E for All. However, I didn't see F.L.U.D.D. used, and Sakurai did allude to there being more moves / character this time around, so they could've disabled the *extra* moves.

But with all the control diagrams, etc. on the blog that seems less and less likely. But I wouldn't rule out some additional functionality in the moveset, just maybe not enough to allow Wolf Like w/o an additional character.

BTW did anyone see videos or play Mario to see when he uses the F.L.U.D.D. moves? I didn't see a single one.

I saw FLUDD being used. It was in one of the vids on the Fire Emblem stage.

It's too bad Link's intro is so GAY. A whirlwind? Seriously? That's a damned POKEMON MOVE. What happened to his awesome warp? Remember the one where he pulled out his sword and shield as he came down to the battle?

It seems as though that's been taken by Pit. Regardless, the whirlwind is way better. It is reminiscent of a number of things from the Zelda universe (flute from original Zelda, Farore's wind, the Hyrule stage in the original Smash Bros., the golden frog tornado thing in Phantom Hourglass). What does the warp have going for it?

Also, since Ness had the coolest intro in the original Smash, it makes sense that they would bring it back. Given that Lucas has a different intro, I figure Ness has to be in the game with his original intro.

I saw FLUDD being used. It was in one of the vids on the Fire Emblem stage.

It seems as though that's been taken by Pit. Regardless, the whirlwind is way better. It is reminiscent of a number of things from the Zelda universe (flute from original Zelda, Farore's wind, the Hyrule stage in the original Smash Bros., the golden frog tornado thing in Phantom Hourglass). What does the warp have going for it?

Also, since Ness had the coolest intro in the original Smash, it makes sense that they would bring it back. Given that Lucas has a different intro, I figure Ness has to be in the game with his original intro.

I forget, what was Ness's intro?

It's too bad Link's intro is so GAY. A whirlwind? Seriously? That's a damned POKEMON MOVE. What happened to his awesome warp? Remember the one where he pulled out his sword and shield as he came down to the battle?

...good times.

--Jack Kieser

I'm not quoting your quote, but I was listening to the Kirby Superstar Floating Islands Of Grand Beach Manitoba OC Remix, by Double A Ron, and your sig's heads were moving perfectly with the music. Had to mention that.

BTW did anyone see videos or play Mario to see when he uses the F.L.U.D.D. moves? I didn't see a single one.

According to E4A research, F.L.U.D.D. is quite poor. You can't aim it below horizontal, and the minimum knockback (uncharged) it does is like the effect of wind on dreamland64. Of course, Gimpy reminds us to not consider it final. They had limited testing time, so they may find a use for it yet.

Dang, I stayed up till midnight thinking I could see the update before I went to bed. Stupid weekends.

After that fateful night of staying up all night only yo be met with "You Must Recover!"... basially, if I'm up around 3AM then I check it, if not, then I just do it when I wake up.

I'm not quoting your quote, but I was listening to the Kirby Superstar Floating Islands Of Grand Beach Manitoba OC Remix, by Double A Ron, and your sig's heads were moving perfectly with the music. Had to mention that.

I had to try that after I read it. Hilarious.

I'm hoping that whenever Norfair gets revealed, they'll simultaneously release the music for that stage as well.

That is exactly what I hope happens if there's a Bramble Blast stage.

EDIT: Bramble Scramble, rather. Bramble Blast was a kinda boring level in DKC2. Off the top of my head, the only other bramble stages I can think of is Screech's Sprint and the oh-so annoying last section of Animal Antics.

Woah, were those the only bramble stages in DKC2? Huh.

People are already saying that it's in. I must have missed the link that confirmed this or something.

I think it's just a massive CLOUD of wishful thinking, good sir or madame.

We can only hope for a DKC stage. Or perhaps, at the least, the means to create our own, no?