Super Smash Bros. Brawl

CE

An interesting quote from IGN's newest Smash It Up, just to keep things moving:

You can go ahead and let go of the "Sakurai said only 1-2 more third-party spots" argument right now, because that's ridiculously outdated news. We know there are going to be more than that – count on it.

An interesting quote from IGN's newest Smash It Up, just to keep things moving:
You can go ahead and let go of the "Sakurai said only 1-2 more third-party spots" argument right now, because that's ridiculously outdated news. We know there are going to be more than that – count on it.

When exactly did Sakurai say that, anyway?

Not on the subject of Brawl, I know, but has anyone ever actually managed to get through a match with 99 lives each? I tried with my friends, but after the first fifteen lives we stopped caring and started goofing around instead of playing seriously. Another ten lives later, we got impatient and decided to see who could lose all their lives the fastest. Anyone ever go through 99 lives, without giving up and killing themselves?

Not on the subject of Brawl, I know, but has anyone ever actually managed to get through a match with 99 lives each? I tried with my friends, but after the first fifteen lives we stopped caring and started goofing around instead of playing seriously. Another ten lives later, we got impatient and decided to see who could lose all their lives the fastest. Anyone ever go through 99 lives, without giving up and killing themselves?

Yea I did it with friends. We were on Super Sudden Death though which was hilarious, but it probably doesn't count. I can't see how someone could sit through a whole normal melee with 99 lives. It would take hours. You would probably kill all enjoyment of that character and level you were playing. Imagine it on the temple stage8-O

I can't remember if it was 99 lives or something closer to 50, but in SSB 64 I played with 200% damage, items on "very high" with only bob-ombs, mines, and bumpers. And I think it was on Peach's Castle. Needless to say, it was great fun. I can't remember if we played all the way to the end though...

Yea I did it with friends. We were on Super Sudden Death though which was hilarious, but it probably doesn't count. I can't see how someone could sit through a whole normal melee with 99 lives. It would take hours. You would probably kill all enjoyment of that character and level you were playing. Imagine it on the temple stage8-O

Hahahaha! That reminds me, it's absolutely awesome to do a timed match on Super Sudden Death.

I'm one of the ones who tried it but just got bored after about stock number 60 or so...

About IGN telling us to expect more than three 3rd party characters, well... they'll post any rumor so long as it gets them attention. Until I hear it from the horse's mouth, I'm not biting.

Hey, with Daylight Savings Time, we essentially get our updates an hour earlier now, huh? :-P

errr... Don't we essentially get them an hour later? :|

As for the 99 stock thing. I've done it once with a friend. We recorded the entire thing on VHS hoping for some golden material... but as the night went on it just got worse and worse... and there was nothing worth watching twice - aside from humiliating back to back suicides and such.

Japan doesn't have daylight savings time. So, it's Fall--we fall back an hour relative to Japan. So, while it would have been 2 AM usually (update time in my time zone), the clock will say 1 AM now, when it would really have been 2 AM just a week before.

Am I wrong? These fall back, spring forward hour things always make my brain hurt.

It took me a few minutes to convince myself, but Airwalker's right - Japan Time is now an hour earlier for us daylight savings time nations. That is, unless Japan has some sort of crazy double daylight savings time. But who cares, tonight's update is going to be late anyway. The Ridley mascot in the corner of the screen tells me this one's gonna be big...

...and late.

People are already saying that it's in. I must have missed the link that confirmed this or something.

It was confirmed about the same time the Stage Editor was...

As well as an Earthbound/Mother related stage. Well the music was confirmed for both, so we can just hope for an awesome DKC 2 themed level (or DKC anything), due to Diddy's inclusion. :P

About IGN telling us to expect more than three 3rd party characters, well... they'll post any rumor so long as it gets them attention. Until I hear it from the horse's mouth, I'm not biting.

They used the exact same words, "count on it", when talking about whether or not Sonic might be in it awhile back. Just sayin'.

Also a Bramble stage would improve my enjoyment of this game by so much...