Super Smash Bros. Brawl

CE

In a desperate attempt to glean more Ness info, I have taken the liberty of translating the first sentence of the most recent update from the Spanish and German versions of the page.

English:

There’s a character named Ness who has appeared in the Smash Bros. series up until now, and Lucas is very similar.

Spanish:

Surely you remember Ness, a person who has appeared in previous editions of Smash Bros.

German (I know almost no German, BTW, so this may not be too accurate):

In the Smash Bros. series so far, a character named Ness appears [has appeared?].

Both the Spanish and German seem to avoid any reference at all to the present time in their mentions of Ness. The point, as near as I can tell, is that Sakurai is telling us nothing at all about whether Ness is currently in Smash. Probably the English phrase "up until now" is a translation quirk and not meant to imply that he's no longer there.

Can anyone translate the Japanese?

いままでのスマブラシリーズに登場していた“ネス”という

キャラクターがいますが、リュカはそれに近いです。

The key word is いままで, or "imamade" which means "up until the present" or "so far" or "until now."

Up until the present Smash release, Ness has appeared as a character. Besides, Lucas is similar.

いままでのスマブラシリーズに登場していた“ネス”という

キャラクターがいますが、リュカはそれに近いです。

The key word is いままで, or "imamade" which means up until the present.

Up until the present Smash release, Ness has appeared as a character.

Hmm ... seems that the English version is the most literal translation. We're back where we started, I guess.

Why would they bother making his moveset different than Ness' if Ness wasn't going to be in the game?

Ness will be in the game.

Marth will be in the game.

All unique movesets from Melee will be in the game. (Jigglypuff, Mewtwo, Game and Watch, Captain Falcon)

They're not going to toss out a perfectly good character that has already been created.

There is one for Ness:

He was replaced.

Deal with it.

I never used Ness to begin with, so it's not like I was still "holding out hope". I was just sayin' beacuse lots of other people here seem to like him and if there ARE 50 characters, it would certainly not make sense not to replace an old favorite character. Also, never ever say "deal with it", because it's quite possibly one of the most infuriating phrases ever uttered by man.

Oh Dammit! I could have swore Ness learned at least the Alpha stage of it. Nope. Not even. ;___;

Here's to hoping Poo is in this and rapes with Starstorm.

I think you're thinking of Teleport. Ness doesn't need StarStorm thanks to PK Poopin' (or whatever you called it). ;)

I think you're thinking of Teleport. Ness doesn't need StarStorm thanks to PK Poopin' (or whatever you called it). ;)

PSI Rockin is better anyways because of the different levels you learn for the ability. Sure, Star Storm is pretty powerful, but it kind of lacks that BOOM that PSI Rockin had.

Plus, Ness never went through Mu training.

PSI Rockin is better anyways because of the different levels you learn for the ability. Sure, Star Storm is pretty powerful, but it kind of lacks that BOOM that PSI Rockin had.

Plus, Ness never went through Mu training.

Yeah, that's right. If you ever forget why Ness doesn't know Starstorm, just think of this simple mnemonic.

Starstorm in yo face!

"Woah, where'd you get that?"

Mu Training!

I mean, there have to be some of you that are more excited about some other game, perhaps more than Brawl?

There's pretty much no game that I've ever been this hyped for. I've become such a rabid Smash fanboy that it's disgusting. But then, I don't really play videogames anymore, and the RPGs and such that I used to play have far less replay value than a fighter.