Super Smash Bros. Brawl

CE

An update about handicaps? What now? Update about sound volume?

Isn't pretty obvious that they're trying to find anything to update with since the delay? I wouldn't be surprised if they gave us an update about how to change the color of the costumes on the character select screen.

Although I hate to beat and rape a long-dead horse, I feel obligated to point out....

"There’s a character named Ness who has appeared in the Smash Bros. series up until now, and Lucas is very similar. They are from the same family of PK users."

"Be kind to beginners! If all you do in brawls is beat up people who don’t know left from right, they’ll never understand the rules of the game, right?

So until now, I’ve always made sure to include handicaps in each game in the series.

But, I began to think that there isn’t much thrill in just making yourself weaker, so I changed the system."

Judging by Sakurai's use of these key words in the second example, it's safe to assume that they also apply to the first...right...? Right? Still have handicaps, still have Ness..... Anyway, just thought I'd throw that out. (also I'm putting my money on ness getting a whole new moveset based on the moves he himself used in mother2, as suggested by others......)

this is the title screen. You can start the game by pressing "Start!" FANTASTIC!

This is the A button! You press the A button with your finger! AMAZING!

How grand! This is the pointer! You pick your characters with it! MARVELOUS!

Hey sakurai...

this is my caring level! It's bouncing off zero! Yee haw!

Isn't pretty obvious that they're trying to find anything to update with since the delay? I wouldn't be surprised if they gave us an update about how to change the color of the costumes on the character select screen.

I had a thought recently, not sure if it's already been brought up, but imagine if the usual process of changing the colours, actually changed the characters and their movesets themselves. I know this'll never happen, but imagine if Link's alternate costumes were like WindWaker Link, OOT Link, Young Link, Dark Link etc. each with different movesets. It would save character slots and would be awesome, though it won't happen. You'd have Mario, SMB 3 Mario, Shadow Mario from Sunshine. I guess it would only work for some characters though... ah well just a pointless rant to make up for the boredom of this update.

Maybe if they had more creative costume changes (not necessarily with unique movesets, just more than a simple colour change) then THAT would be a good update.

"This is the power button the Wii. You use this to power on your console to play Super Smash Bros. Brawl! There's is also a power button on the Wii controller."

I had a thought recently, not sure if it's already been brought up, but imagine if the usual process of changing the colours, actually changed the characters and their movesets themselves. I know this'll never happen, but imagine if Link's alternate costumes were like WindWaker Link, OOT Link, Young Link, Dark Link etc. each with different movesets. It would save character slots and would be awesome, though it won't happen. You'd have Mario, SMB 3 Mario, Shadow Mario from Sunshine. I guess it would only work for some characters though... ah well just a pointless rant to make up for the boredom of this update.

Some people are thinking the exact same thing for Lucas/Ness.

All you guys saying that the updates are getting lame: Shut up.

With the game delayed, they need 'boring' updates to space it out.

They don't even have to do this site at all. You should be happy you were told this much.

Thanks for proving our point.

As for 'told this much' part, I think they might be revealing too much. We went over that like... 100 pages ago.

I'm not sure how this handicap system is any different from the old system. Can someone remind me how it used to work and what makes this so different?

For example, I know that he said that making yourself waeker isn't thrilling, but isn't that exactly what is still happening? I'm confused...

EDIT: Oh wait, now I get it. The previous system made you send your opponent less distance, but now, you yourself get sent farther because your damage is higher. Is that right? Sorry for the idiocy, everyone.

I know it's probably been pointed out before, but I'm glad they seem to be making the "heavy" fighters a lot more viable now. I've heard good things about Bowser in Brawl from the demo, so that'll be interesting to see.

I also noticed that we've been given three new "heavy" fighters, or at least it looks that way. Ike I hear is very slow and strong, so I guess he counts as a heavy (plus he also has that "can't be stunned during some attacks" thing). King Dedede, who looks like he has a multi-jump ability like Kirby, but is also a heavy... Sounds kinda dangerous, a heavy that can recover? Then it looks like Pokemon Trainer's Charizard is a "heavy" character, or he could just be big and average, but I'm gonna lean towards heavy. It also looks like he'll be able to mulit-jump, or at the very least we know he can glide...

At any rate, glad to see that the game is trying to make the other characters able to compete better with the "fast" characters.

awesome, another boring update

keep it up, sakurai! maybe tomorrow you can reveal pikachu's moves as being exactly the same as in melee!

What are you expecting, a new character every day? This is over a minute of music, and an explanation of not just three, but FOUR moves. Anyone posting just to complain that the update is "boring" is just making the thread boring.

So, about that update..... yeah, it's pretty boring. 'night!

YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEES

I SO WANTED THIS SONG IN THIS GAME

caps

EDIT: correction, both songs

at the end of the teaser for the arrangement, you hear taking over halberd too

fucking sick

so fucking sick

Kirby hidden ability CONFIRMED.

how about you play some kirby superstar instead of spreadin rumors