YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEES

I SO WANTED THIS SONG IN THIS GAME

caps

EDIT: correction, both songs

at the end of the teaser for the arrangement, you hear taking over halberd too

fucking sick

so fucking sick

the arrangement sucks

Some know me as notorious for having high standards for quality in music and I have to say this music update fails. I can see what they were trying to do, but it just sounds plain half-assed.

This probably has the worst instrument quality of the ones we've heard so far but I think it might be one of the better songs we've heard so far. Definitely fits Kirby, at least, and I think it would work well for Smash. This REALLY reminds me of the music from the N64 Smash, which is both a good and bad thing.

Yeah, I'm not a fan of the musical update either. The song itself sounds okay, but the instrumentation is just lousy. I think if they improved the sound of the instruments, it'd probably be much better overall.

As for the moveset update, I'm going with "meh." Nothing really all that exciting there. None of Meta Knight's moves on paper have that "Oh, Snap!" reaction, though the Cape may prove to be great for throwing people off. But the WOW factor certainly isn't there. Oh well, they can't all be winners.

It's only a bad thing because people'll lack variety or some bullshit like that.

Personally I don't really care. It's like when people used to complain about yoshi and drybones in mariokart DS, the only people you heard complaining weren't very good at the game.

its kinda sad how the sound quality of the spc file sounds better than this new god awful arrangement

Wow. I didn't feel like listening to the arrangment because it requires me to go grab headphones from across the lab, but I did when you said this, Atma. And the sad part is that you're right! SS was actually better. Can't help but feel that I deserve more than this after experiencing Galaxy...

they should have just put the original spc file in the game the update has made me listen to it constantly for the past few hours

its kinda sad how the sound quality of the spc file sounds better than this new god awful arrangement

I'm still keeping the hope alive that the first time I put Brawl in my Wii, Sakurai will pop up on the screen and say "Ha! We fooled you. We actually used live musicians for everything instead fo crappy midis!"

Actually, I'm also surprised that no-one has mentioned Double Dragon games so far :).

Would be great to have Billy or Jimmy Lee in the game, although I'm kinda doubting whether they would be playable. Maybe support figs.

By the way, for those who have not seen it yet, I really like the support figure in this movie:

http://www.gametrailers.com/player/usermovies/117244.html

Jay, Advance Wars!