Super Smash Bros. Brawl

CE

I can't wait to play this game online! I'll be adding my Wii number to my profile later today so yea.. If you want to battle it out in a few months we can do so. :)

too bad your wii console number isnt your in game friend code

i have tried to find reasoning why that could possibly be a good idea and have come up with nothing

I'm going to try and get some videos of me and my friend tonight. I play Ness, and he'll be playing YLink or Sheik( :( )

DUDE, NESS?

i love that little guy

like when you're shielding and someone hits you, and you wavedash out of shield back at them while grabbing or jabbing or uptilting. it looks like when a magnet flies into another magnet, it's so cool.

I imagine that they'll have all the characters revealed either by the Japanese or American release on the DOJO. At that point, once everything's all nice and revealed and the game's out... it'll just sit there and help n00bs out, or just end up a nice place for pictures.

Last time they didn't tell us all the characters that were in it until a month after it was out. I'd honestly be surprised if Sakurai, even pressed as he is, would show all of Brawl's cards at release.

Dunther, you need to l-cancel.

giggida-HEEEYY, KIDS!

NOW IM GONNA TELL YOU A LITTLE SOMETHIN' ABOUT GLITCHES.

KIDS, THERE'S NOTHING MORE COOL THAN PLAYIN' SOME GOOD OLD SMASH BROTHERS. BUT IF SOMEONE TRIES TO GLITCH YOU IN SMASH BROTHERS, THAT'S NO GOOD. NOBODY HAS THE RIGHT TO GLITCH YOU IF YOU DONT WANT THEM TO.

NOW IM GOING TO TALK ABOUT A PARTICULARLY NASTY LITTLE BUGGER KNOWN AS "L-CANCELLING."

THIS IS A MOVE THAT WAS COMPLETELY UNINTENDED BY THE DEVELOPERS AND IS ACTUALLY RUMORED TO BE PUT IN THE GAME BY HACKERS. IT ALLOWS THE USER TO DO ANY OF THE FOLLOWING, SOMETIMES ALL AT THE SAME TIME:

-MAKE YOUR LITTLE GUY MOVE FASTER

-TURN INVINCIBLE

-GO BACK IN TIME

-GAIN A STOCK

-CALL OTHER CHARACTERS TO AID THE USER AGAINST HIS VICTIM

-TAUNT

AND ADDITIONALLY, IT MAKES LINK EVEN MORE BROKEN.

THINK L-CANCELLING'S BAD? TUNE IN NEXT WEEK WHEN WE'LL COVER THE REALLY BAD GLITCHES: "WAVEDASHING," AND "MINDGAMES."

too bad your wii console number isnt your in game friend code

i have tried to find reasoning why that could possibly be a good idea and have come up with nothing

Perhaps because multiple people can play the same game on the same console? The reasoning is virtually the same as that of Live's gamertags. The only difference is that Xbox doesn't have a console ID, but this makes sense because Live is subscription-based so there's no reason to integrate a messaging system into the console when you're only online if you pay for your gamertag to be online.

Perhaps because multiple people can play the same game on the same console? The reasoning is virtually the same as that of Live's gamertags. The only difference is that Xbox doesn't have a console ID, but this makes sense because Live is subscription-based so there's no reason to integrate a messaging system into the console when you're only online if you pay for your gamertag to be online.

you dont necessarily have to pay to get on live

if you dont pay anything you get access to the everything EXCEPT playing games online with people

so all the messaging and friends lists and rankings are completely free

and whats the difference if someone else is playing on the same console my friends will use my live account on my console and it doesnt really matter

i shouldnt have a separate friends list for every freaking game i have period

Some characters can be played pretty well without wavedashing, but for fox to be anywhere near the top of his game, the player needs to be able to wavedash; it provides much greater meneuverability, improved speed, and best of all, much less predictability.

A lot of truth but I have to pick out this is wrong. Fox is fast enough that he doesn't require wavedash. Fox is more suited for dash dance and pivot games with the jump-cancel grabs (anyone who doesn't know about this, feel free to ask) with relentless (but smart) follow-ups. Also short hop neutral A kicks are godly if you've chipped their shield away enough...

Short hops are really easy with Fox. If you want something somewhat difficult, try something like... dashing short hop reverse laser. :P

Fox isn't my main, but in high level play I don't think I've lost very many matches when using him. I'd consider him my 2nd best?

As for that Link... get some L-Cancels and some mindgames. :P

Also I was talking about Starstorm awhile back... guess I called it being in the game..? *shrug*

you dont necessarily have to pay to get on live

if you dont pay anything you get access to the everything EXCEPT playing games online with people

so all the messaging and friends lists and rankings are completely free

and whats the difference if someone else is playing on the same console my friends will use my live account on my console and it doesnt really matter

i shouldnt have a separate friends list for every freaking game i have period

It's not about people visiting playing on your console. It's about multiple people in the same household playing on the same console and wanting to keep track of their stats/records/customizations/whatever associated with each game separate from each other. Come on, this concept really isn't that far-fetched--it's in basically every 360 game I've ever played. The only difference is creating gamer profiles in, say, Halo 3 is infinitely easier and less intuitively backward than 16-digit friend codes. Seriously; the whole idea is just the natural online evolution of offline saved games anyway. And I think you bloody well know it--you've just gotten so used to playing the disgruntled cynic for the past while that you really can't get on any more unless you invent something to complain about. Get over yourself. Maybe try again if you can come up with a legitimate issue.

How the FUDGESICLES did someone without Mu Training learn PK Starstorm?

I wouldn't be annoyed at this turn of events if I could, y'know, play the game so as to understand how that happen.

Actually, to be honest, I'm not even mad now. That's a pretty sweet Final Smash. We still need Ness, though, so I can bust out PK High 5 on people. (I'm playing through the game right now, and that's what I'm calling it.)

Final Smashes = Banned in tourneys. I called it.

There should be some option in the game to disable the Smash Ball item for those who enjoy "classic" Smash gameplay. I'm sure Sakurai will include this somehow.

To be honest, I've NEVER truly heard of Wavedashing until recently. I didn't even bother to look up on the content of this technique, too. Never used it. Never will use it.