Super Smash Bros. Brawl

CE

hey, cool, now I don't have to worry about accidentally jumping when trying to do an up A

this must also be good news to ganondorfs, samus's, and captain falcons who are edgeguard happy

except for falcon and ganondorf tapping up and pressing a to do a uair instantly after a short hop is a key move

of course you could just press x then up c stick i guess

anyways i too am glad they finally gave us the option on that one

here that?

NOTHING TO COMPLAIN ABOUT

except that line everyone keeps quoting because its impossible to think of EVERYTHING, especially if youre nintendo

Pack your name into your Wii Remote and transfer it the Wii at your friend’s house.

Nice typing! :nicework:

Not that there's much that's new about the update... but what is new is good. I'm REALLY glad that you can turn off jumping with up. Those screenshots make me wonder how customizable the controls really are... regardless, I'm totally going to use platformer style controls, jumping and attacking with the right thumb. The "test" button is also great, I'd hate to not have a test button. Wow. I hate to say it, but they really have thought of everything.

I hate to say it

Then why did you say it??! Geez...

If you're talking about Radiant Dawn, could you please clarify as to what this error might be? I have it, and I'd rather not have Crimea's brewing civil war be interrupted by a glitch of some kind.

The error regards data transfer from the GameCube game, Fire Emblem: Path of Radiance, to your Wii. Apparently, the glitch occurs because the difficulty levels were renamed in English (Normal -> Easy, etc.). The glitch occurs if you have an Easy-mode completed saved game file of FE:PoR, and it fails to load the file and freezes.

There have also been occasional reports of the game telling you that your data is corrupted, and then deletes all your saved games from FE: PoR for you. Gee, thanks.

TODAY'S UPDATE:

I suppose shaking the controller for smashes is similar to using the C-stick without dual analog sticks. I bet it'll be hard for it to recognize which direction you MEANT to use, but I bet it'll be pretty cool regardless.

Although I'm not sure if I'll use anything other than GameCube controls anyway...

The error regards data transfer from the GameCube game, Fire Emblem: Path of Radiance, to your Wii. Apparently, the glitch occurs because the difficulty levels were renamed in English (Normal -> Easy, etc.). The glitch occurs if you have an Easy-mode completed saved game file of FE:PoR, and it fails to load the file and freezes.

Ah, many thanks.

Now I'm glad I went through the thing on normal mode.

Custom soundtracks confirmed....

Lame.. and i am thinking that The game cube controller and Classic, will be the best...

Most people who have tried Brawl in it's current state (I don't know just how many have gotten hands-on, but that's not the point) say they actually prefer just the Wii Remote as of now. Simple, direct and easy-to-use apparently. The shield being on B is still a gripe, but seemingly minor as "unusual" rather than "uncomfortable" and who knows, maybe they'll change it.

Still, with so many of us coming from Melee, Gamecube controller will be our first bet simply for the comfort of knowing the layout!

And stop making fun of Sakurai for time management! We all know what happens when people rush games. I hate half-assed games more than I hate just plain crappy games. Because amazing effort cut short by time constraints is just plain frustrating to play, you can feel the lack of polish, and it doesn't feel good.

And stop making fun of Sakurai for time management! We all know what happens when people rush games. I hate half-assed games more than I hate just plain crappy games. Because amazing effort cut short by time constraints is just plain frustrating to play, you can feel the lack of polish, and it doesn't feel good.

Agreed. See: Pokemon on GCN. :puppyeyes:

I made one comment, and somehow this is interpreted as a maelstrom of complaints..

I like Sakurai, but I HATE how Nintendo constantly makes up some proposed date, and then goes back on it, TBAes, and then adds a year on. I've played Nintendo since the NES, they've ALWAYS done this crap, and with any other sort of enterprise, if you set a date, you have to make that date.

I may not have 75 billion bucks in my bank account, but I do realize that if they really want to delay, just keep TBA on the Zelda, Mario and other major games, and just suggest something like 'we're targeting it for 03 2009' or something business-speak like.

But they don't. They didn't do it when I played NES, and they don't do it with the Wii now. So needless to say, I'm not expecting them to change, but when I hear a Nintendo employee, or de facto one like Sakurai get smug, it's really, really annoying.

I wrote like a month ago I'm actually glad they delayed, but, the fact they delayed makes Sakurai's smug statement a little outrageous. So yeah, they either need better time management, or to be more honest with us, their customers. And all they need is to just post 'TBA' on most of their major titles... as they will almost certainly be delayed anyway. Nothing of substance would change, just the trust of their customers.

Here's the thing, though. Don't be hating Sakurai because I'm 99.9% sure that he DID NOT purpose the initial release date of the game (December 2007). Publishers are the ones who set release dates, which in this case means Nintendo. And luckily for the developers, Nintendo's an excellent publisher because they're not the type which rush games into stores for the hell of it. When the team requests more time, Nintendo thankfully grants them so. Some developers are not so fortunate.

I'm glad that Twilight Princess was delayed because I doubt that it would be as great as it is now had it been released in November 2005. I'm also glad that Smash Bros. Brawl was delayed...as you can see Sakurai and his team are paying attention to the littlest of detail in order to provide no room for complaints.

I made one comment, and somehow this is interpreted as a maelstrom of complaints..

I like Sakurai, but I HATE how Nintendo constantly makes up some proposed date, and then goes back on it, TBAes, and then adds a year on. I've played Nintendo since the NES, they've ALWAYS done this crap, and with any other sort of enterprise, if you set a date, you have to make that date.

I may not have 75 billion bucks in my bank account, but I do realize that if they really want to delay, just keep TBA on the Zelda, Mario and other major games, and just suggest something like 'we're targeting it for 03 2009' or something business-speak like.

But they don't. They didn't do it when I played NES, and they don't do it with the Wii now. So needless to say, I'm not expecting them to change, but when I hear a Nintendo employee, or de facto one like Sakurai get smug, it's really, really annoying.

I wrote like a month ago I'm actually glad they delayed, but, the fact they delayed makes Sakurai's smug statement a little outrageous. So yeah, they either need better time management, or to be more honest with us, their customers. And all they need is to just post 'TBA' on most of their major titles... as they will almost certainly be delayed anyway. Nothing of substance would change, just the trust of their customers.

Customers demand a release date, "TBA" dismays them. A "Q1 200X" confuses them, but "Blank 21st, 200X" gives them something to look forward to. You've got to manage a realistic release date versus player hopes.

I'm sure Nintendo didn't break into spontaneous song-and-dance when they had to delay it.

Hey, they could pull a Too Human and release it 10 generations from now.

Why do you guys think Duke Nukem Forever is taking...forever? It's going to be the perfect game that ends all games. 100s across every game review site.

But on a serious note, Nintendo isn't the only one delaying games. Many highly anticipated games have been delayed this year.

Why do you guys think Duke Nukem Forever is taking...forever? It's going to be the perfect game that ends all games. 100s across every game review site.

But on a serious note, Nintendo isn't the only one delaying games. Many highly anticipated games have been delayed this year.

Yes, tons of games get delayed, look at the Sims 2.

Some are for the good, and some, like Duke Nukem Forever, is because they're trying to figure out how to extract the "suck" from the Duke Nukem formula.

I dunno, I wouldn't mind being able to play custom MP3s, imagine playing some OC ReMixes of the regular stage tunes. :)

It'd be nice, sure. But positive changes to gameplay are what I'm more worried about. I can always listen to my music on my PC which is right where my consoles are. My PC has much better speakers than my TV.

Finally, a game that uses memory on the Wii Remote! I was really disappointed when I first got my Wii and only Miis could be stored on it. Glad they decided to do this.

Not an astonishing update, but I tghink it was very interesting. I will probably abandon the Gamecube controller for the Classic or even the Remote because I play Smash 64 on my computer witha regular D-Pad and its muchfaster than an analog stick.