Super Smash Bros. Brawl

CE

HIP TANAKA!!!! SWEET!!!! He was the composer I wanted to see most in the first musicians update. I had been disappointed not to see his name on that list, but I figured it was pretty unlikely that anyone could get him away from his job as president of Creatures and back into gaming music.

And here he is, champion of 12/8 time and musician behind such greats as Kid Icarus and Metroid.

And others:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hip_Tanaka

I have a lot of respect and admiration for people who can make tunes like this out of something so originally simple and make it sound awesome. It requires a very special mind to be able to hear and create that sort of beat from a one-measure long diddy. I always thought AE and McVaffe were pretty good at that too, and they sure have a lot of fans here.

I'm looking forward to the finished soundtrack, and it may be the first one I purchase outright since Mario 64.

Hell YEAH it’s a sideways-sliding shoulder tackle!

This final smash does not disappoint =D

This is rockin'. Brawls gives the nod back at Wario Land with the SUPER SIDEWAYS SLIDING SHOULDER TACKLE!!!! :)

Awesome. and the Bike thing is funny too. :) This update makes me love Wario so much more than I already do. <3

haha. I hope so much that the music changes to something similar to the Segata Sanshiro theme. That would complete this move. haha.

This FS is a perfect fit. :)

THe variety of ways the FS works is going to make this game insane. I don't know if two can appear on screen at once, but maybe you can do a 'FS only brawl' by changing the items like you could do in Melee and Smash Bros. with the hammer.

That would be nice. :-P

I want this game now! I like Wario's moveset change... perhaps they figured going old-school would resonate with older gamers, and not just people who play minigame collections?

My guess is that smash balls were turned on maximum frequency in the demo, so people could see/use them. So that's probably the most you'll see of them in a match. It'd be stupid, I think, for them to appear that frequently normally.

Also an all FS mode would be kinda cool. At least at first. After a while, though, you would probably get bored of just using everyone's final smash over and over. It would just turn into a race to see who could get to each smash ball first.

Well I'm assuming smash balls are on the options screen. If you've ever customized battles by turning the frequency higher or lower, and turning certain ones off, you can lengthen melee's entertainment value..

It looks like the basic options are more or less the same from the first two games, so the only question is will they include the smash ball in the menu.

I totally agree about repetitiveness, but that's why I'm trying to see how they're putting the game together, to allow different customizable scenarios. Now with the level editor, my music, the previous options can take a dramatic shift on how level will work. I imagine it'll make an excellent game for parties.

Yup, it's an item, and I think we'll be able to turn them off just the same.

At first, I thought a telltale move was Kirby's Final Smash, which as we know spawns items after the knockback. However, I then remembered how Peach can apparently pull out Beam Swords on occasion using her Down B.

I wonder... if, say, (for argumnt's sake) the Smash ball is always on, would disabling all items prevent Peach and Kirby from producing items through their moves? If Smash Balls are disabled with other items, what about Peach's Beam Swords?

Sounds precarious!