Super Smash Bros. Brawl

CE

Long time lurker here. I don't care too much about the fact that the Wii doesn't has a mic, I don't have friends to play video games with anyway (the people where I live are complete idiots and I live in the boonies).

The only reason why I'll be using the online aspect of Brawl is to fight against random people, and maybe to play with one of my cousins that doesn't suck at SSB. But Atma's right, Nintendo didn't really factor in all the people that play competitively at all, they just catered to the parents and little kids that want to play online, making the online aspect of Brawl a bitch to use for the more seasoned players with friends.

Like Atma said, who wants to sit by a phone or make a post saying JOIN MY GAME NOW to get their friends to play. I'm fine with the offline aspect of Brawl, I'll be happy just pummeling the level 9 CPUs to a pulp with Meta Knight.

Dear Sakurai:

This is late 2007. Your game will be released in early 2008. Please use all that extra time to make the Pokemon NOT look like utter ass. You have updated the texture maps on every single character (Kirby nonwithstanding) in the game, so a few measley Pokemon should be no exception. Thank you.

Sincerely,

Infinity's End

There's a very good chance the game is already done. Around 2 months is generally needed to produce and ship the discs

That said, everything takes up memory. The Pokeball pokemon are low-poly and textured in simple, flat colours because those eat up less memory and therefore help prevent slowdown. The fewer polys the game needs to keep track of, the smoother and more consistent the framerate.

Not saying they aren't ugly, but there are reasons for them being so. Besides, I'd rather have a few ugly pokes than the absence of a decent gameplay mode, if it came down to texturing versus content.

Hey guys stop picking on Atma, srsly yo.

I <3 Ho-oh.

I can't complain about a guy cool enough to name himself after one of Final Fantasy 6's coolest bosses... it's like a behemoth, but BETTER.

Anyway I used complain a lot. It's interesting watching people who have the habit still... though I don't wish to re-engage... much again. :-P

So the site updates around 2AM EST, right? I'm up but I'm not sure if I should bother waiting for the update or just sleep. I don't know why I would suspect it to be anything good, anyway >_>

EDIT: DAMNIT I WAS HOPING YOU COULD INDEPENDENTLY SWITCH OFF THE "PITY" FS GRAGHGHDJMN...

I wonder why the UK/Ireland site updates before the US one, in my experience?

Anyway. I'm really digging the new music. And everyone's assumption that Final Smashes could be disabled is confirmed. I'm still not sure if I'll enjoy having them in the game or not. Typically I play without items, but we'll see.

I know this could never happen, but imagine if Pokemon could damage the Smash Ball and then absorb it themselves.

You could have a Wabbuffet absorb it and then......

SHADOW BOND everybody who bashed it dies......

Or Snorlax could grab it and go...

REST much like Jiggly's but at a much larger scale.

I know this could never happen, but imagine if Pokemon could damage the Smash Ball and then absorb it themselves.

You could have a Wabbuffet absorb it and then......

SHADOW BOND everybody who bashed it dies......

Or Snorlax could grab it and go...

REST much like Jiggly's but at a much larger scale.

Hey.

Munchlax eats items...

:<*NOM NOM NOM*

Wow. So Sakurai says there will songs from games that aren't represented in Smash Bros... so I wonder if that is also true for levels, because if that is the case then it's possible there won't be an Animal Crossing character represented.

I like having tons of stuff from random games that don't have playable characters. More content is awesome. Of course, I guess we also had the Mach Rider theme in Melee which wasn't represented (not including the trophy... trophies don't count though as represented though).

I know it's from X, but the song reminds me a lot like a really fast version of a few songs from Phantasy Star Online for some reason...

Cool though. I like the fact that we get some synthesized goodness, something which was really lacking in Melee... again, Mach Rider and Flat Zone were the only ones I can think of off the top of my head... so good times. It's got that nostalgic NES sound that although I've never played "X" before, the song makes me feel like it's the late 80's early 90s again. :)

If a Pokemon destroys a smash ball, I know a simple Final Smash that would be perfect. It will start raining pokeballs from the sky that indiscriminately attack all players. So for 15 seconds it would be wave after wave of Pokemon dropping from above. I think that would be easy to implement, and pretty fun.

I always liked it when Bobombs fell from the sky in Melee during Sudden Death when it went too long. :) They need some more stuff like that!