Super Smash Bros. Brawl

CE

Hmmm... We've seen quite a few final smashes.

This is a bit off-topic, but I wonder if there'll be an option to change which Pokemon and Assist Trophy characters appear? Like the item switch but more specific. That would be pretty cool. All Snorlaxes and Electrodes, plus Bob-ombs and motion sensor bombs like mentioned before... Ahhh the chaos.

My roommate is retarded at times.

You saw earlier how he bought the premise of the 'shopped image of Brawl being bought at some French store (a pic that seems to have originally appeared on 4chan...). Now he's saying that the delay was intentional and unnecessary, a deliberate marketing move to keep software sales high both during and after the holiday season, by moving one of the highest demand games' release to after the Christmas rush. This should please stockholders as they like continued high sales rather than holiday season spikes.

I really don't see how this argument holds water. Brawl has had so much effort poured into it, and many big name composers working on it as well. Some of the music on the Dojo isn't live performed, or even quite worthy of the names behind them. The E for All demo had few characters and fewer stages available. The game certainly isn't finished, though the lack of interesting updates shows that a lot of the work is either being done on the internals and core system (which seems appropriate as impressions from E for All were generally not showing many new game mechanics), or the single player, which we've only seen a bit of. I believe that Nintend is pulling a Blizzard, and not releasing content until it can be guananteed to be the best they can put out. And if it IS finished, I see little market advantage in witholding the smash hit (haha) game until AFTER the season where customers spend the MOST. Big early 2008 titles are ALREADY in the works, like Mario Kart Wii.

The method at Nintendo is that they would rather scrap a project than release an unsatisfying one. I believe it has happened in the past.

In fact, from Wikipedia:

Miyamoto and fellow developers refer to this scrapping as "Chabudai Gaeshi" (ちゃぶ台返し, "upending the tea table"), a reference to manga and anime Star of the Giants.[14] It is also referred to as "Miyahon Check" (Miyahon is an alternative kanji reading of Miyamoto) or "Miyamoto Test".[15]

• "Twinkle Popo" was a completed product with a pre-order of 26,000 units. It was supposed to be released under the game's developer, HAL Laboratory. Miyamoto intervened arguing that, with a tiny bit of tweaking, it would become a great game. After cancelling the pre-order, the game was eventually released under Nintendo with the title Kirby's Dream Land, selling 5 million units globally.
  • The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time was supposed to be released immediately after the release of the Nintendo 64 (Japanese release date, 6 June 1996). Instead, Miyamoto, who was the producer, repeatedly ordered the game to be redone, resulting in numerous announcements of delays by Nintendo until the game's eventual release on 21 November 1998. Ocarina of Time sold over 7.6 million units and has the highest average review score of any game ever made.
  • Eiji Aonuma was initially the producer of The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess. However, between 2005 to 2006, Miyamoto replaced him. He stated that the switch was the result of a year-long development being "Chabudai Gaeshi"ed. [16] In the same interview, Miyamoto said that he had to clean up the mess of his Chabudai Gaeshi, so he joined in as a producer and also to assist in the development of the game. Twilight Princess, eventually released for both the GameCube and Wii consoles, has received tremendous critical acclaim and commercial success in the Western markets.

Nintendo are low for giving release dates and changing them multiple times.

Oh well, there's only one thing left to say:

MEGA MAN FOR BRAWL!!!!!

They never announced a release date for Europe, in fact they still haven't, they just say after June. Knowing how much Nintendo cares about Europe, I wouldn't be surprised if it didn't come until next christmas.

A little off topic but I was thinking today about what Melee level should be kept above all else..The Fountain of Dreams. I mean since Dedede is in the game it would only make sense that an event match would be Dedede Vs Kirby on that stage just for nostalgic purposes (not to mention it's my favorite level from Melee). I kind of hope they redo the whole thing and make it alot more badass.