Super Smash Bros. Brawl

CE

I actually like what they did with random battles....to a point. I'm still irritated by NWFC in general, but I like the CPU coming in to fight if someone drops out/connection gets lost. Keeps the battle the same as if nothing happened? I wonder what level the CPU will be at if someone gets dropped?

so basically pretty much just play against computers since they are lag free and you can pick the stages yourself

and you can turn all the items off

But even without this mode, given the proliferation of the Internet these days, the existence of hidden characters is going to get exposed anyway.

i enjoyed that statement

oh and todays update confirms that to appear online you have to CONNECT to the wfc and be in the online menu

WAY TO GO NINTENDO

they really enjoy showing how broken their non friends online mode is

I actually like what they did with random battles....to a point. I'm still irritated by NWFC in general, but I like the CPU coming in to fight if someone drops out/connection gets lost. Keeps the battle the same as if nothing happened? I wonder what level the CPU will be at if someone gets dropped?

I'm guessing it'll figure out some level based on the proportion of how many lives the "dropper" had in relation to everybody else's stock count.

Ya know...

Some people don't like to have secrets revealed. I noticed Sakurai said nothing about secret stages. The stage and character select screens look like the same as in E For All, so I suppose you could have stages unlocked that you haven't opened yet.

I hope the instruction manual has something for people who aren't geeks. I'll be playing with live people mostly, but it would suck for things to be spoiled by somebody new to the game, or with a sucky internet connection.

Otherwise I like this post... it's better than the rest of the crap for something like the last 3 weeks. Not much new, but at least it was interesting.

Hmmm, at least there was some new information today. Let's hope next week is much better.

So hes not worried about revealing secret characters... hmmm...So there are still more to be revealed

Yep yep.

They said something like 30-40 chars. They haven't even shown a roster equal to the Smash Bros. Melee...

Perhaps Sakurai never intended everything to be shown on the site. If he keeps lollygagging like this, we may be able to discover things in the game ourselves! :-P

I'll be playing with live people mostly, but it would suck for things to be spoiled by somebody new to the game, or with a sucky internet connection.

if there was any kind of ranked play you could avoid playing new people altogether (assuming you dont suck balls)

TOO BAD THERE ISNT ANY

It looks like the color of the Wi-Fi menu is pink. Maybe 'cause it's gay. :razz:

I always liked the whole stage/course voting thing, but why can't he let us adjust items?! Still, most of the people I'll be playing will be sitting in the same room as me, so it's not that bad. If it's the same way in Friends mode (and I assume it is) real tournaments are still going to have to be held at a specific location, sadly.

oh and it seems like youll only be able to do TIME since there is no host so no one to change options

WHO THE BALLS ACTUALLY PLAYS TIME

In a four person fight, time can actually be better than stock. Since the winner isn't the last person standing, but instead, the person with the most KOs, it keeps those Samus, Fox, Falco, etc. players from sitting back shooting missiles/lasers/whatevers at everyone. While a truly skilled player doesn't need to resort to tactics like that, there's a much higher chance you'll be playing people who would. It would only be fair that the kid playing Pikachu never wins 'cause all he does is tap B over and over.

I'm not going to hold my breath or anything but, there could still be a ranking mode.

http://www.smashbros.com/en_us/gamemode/wi-fi/wi-fi01.html

showing there is no other mode besides friends and anyone

and we see whats inside with anyone

Your opponent will not know your name or any information about you, and neither of you can send short messages. There will also be no battle records kept for this mode, so whether you win or lose, it doesn’t matter. Just sit back and play.

aka NO

oh and it seems like youll only be able to do TIME since there is no host so no one to change options

We don't even know whether we can do 1v1 yet. Probably not. I actually don't mind time in free for alls; ffa stocks can involve a lot of ganging up on the player with the most lives left.

Hopefully we'll be able to set our online preferences for things like stock vs. time, stock number, item switch, etc. Oh, and number of players. If I were to make an online mode, I'd think I would allow people to play in random one-on-one matches.

johnny b is a genius everyone!

and if youve ever played a wfc game youll know that you cant control how many people you play with they just try to get you 4 and since the online is gonna probably be full of fags itll always be a 4 player match

and you wont be able to set preferences like that

id bet money im right about that