Super Smash Bros. Brawl

CE

ive always played winner out and stuff but with the addition of custom control schemes and whatnot this is actually a pretty good idea

That was my thought. Basically he took what everyone did in those situations anyway, and made it automatic, which is dang helpful considering custom controls and everything. And it'd be especially helpful if there was a Random Out option, which you can't really do by yourself anyway.

It's quite often that I have more than three people who would be willing to play Smash Bros. with me, so this addition will make things very easy, especially with all the crazy controller settings we'll be getting this time around. Not an amazing update, but definitely a cool feature.

Not to mention that if you manually swap out, there is the problem of having a crappy player screw up your lead in the amount of KO's. That has happened many times. I actually think this mode is a great idea, but if they're getting this detailed you better hope they've got everything else covered. :|

With all this name system business I have just one (very unlikely) wish....

ONLINE STATS (a la Halo 3, Guitar Hero, etc.)

Hey I can dream. If replays can be sent to Nintendo, why not stats as well?

Because stats/ranks are stupid and just cause people to exploit them to try and become #1 on the internet(lol MPH).

This is sort of good though - I mean, think about it - whenever you switch in Melee it doesn't matter because it's always the same control mode. In this the name system matters, so it makes sense something like this would be included.

Yar it'll make switching people around easier, instead of going through the trouble of constantly changing the control set up if some people use different ones.

This, as has already been determined, is actually pretty cool.

Look; not only has Nintendo created a phenomenal game, but they've also implemented a feature that teaches the kiddies how to share. Pure genius, Sakurai. Pure genius.

Hehehehe.

Soooooo fitting :D.

http://godmodeonline.com/d/20070912.html

I lol'd at the bar code bit. So true.

Because stats/ranks are stupid and just cause people to exploit them to try and become #1 on the internet(lol MPH).

stats makes people retarded but it still implements a ranking system which allows you to play against people of your own skill level

smash noobs are never gonna wanna play online because people that have been playing forever are gonna kick the crap out of them over and over

stats makes people retarded but it still implements a ranking system which allows you to play against people of your own skill level

smash noobs are never gonna wanna play online because people that have been playing forever are gonna kick the crap out of them over and over

Agreed, and I think another advantage of ranks is that seeing your rank rise creates a sense of accomplishment in playing online. A shallow and largely false sense of accomplishment, yes, but it still serves to keep more people interested in online play. I'll admit that I have tried to keep my rank at least decent in some other online games.

Obviously, you won't be playing online. I mean, you hate it so much before the release...

That won't be a problem.

There are going to be overwhelmingly more noobs than skilled players. Of this you can rest assured.

That won't be a problem.

There are going to be overwhelmingly more noobs than skilled players. Of this you can rest assured.

nope

itll be the same as any online game

the ones who are really good dont quit and the noobs cant take it anymore so they do

the fact that youre trying to justify not having an online ranking is comical

nope

itll be the same as any online game

the ones who are really good dont quit and the noobs cant take it anymore so they do

the fact that youre trying to justify not having an online ranking is comical

No no, that's not it at all. I want rankings. But noobs will always outnumber skilled players. Like in all online games...

It's a fact.

THOUGHT EXPERIMENT!!

1) Imagine you and 500 random people are in a room, gathered to play some game that involves around 2-4 players. Chess, Halo, Smash Bros, whatever, you're all there to play that one game. Now you want to play "the game" with another person or group of people, it could be anybody... why not the random guy beside you? The first thing you'll ask this would-be opponent (or that they'll ask you) is something along the lines of "are you any good at this game?" And why? Because if you're really good, and they're really bad (or vice versa), it's not gonna be very fun. If you've never played the game before, you don't want to be stuck playing against some amazing [insert game here] master. If you've played the game for a while, you don't want to play a beginner, and chances are you'll still want to stay away from opponents that will destroy you before you know what happened.

2) Now imagine 500 random people in a room to play a game, same scenario as before. But this time everyone has their mouths taped shut, and are wearing identical uniforms complete with identity-hiding masks. And since you can't ask would-be opponents if they're any good or not (non-verbal communication is forbidden), all you can do is play with random people of random skill. Welcome to Brawl "With Anyone" mode.

Granted, if you consider the first scenario, chances are Atma would be there continually yelling "BALLS" at the top of his voice the entire time... so you really can't win either way. What's needed is a balance between the two. Brawl's online mode would be 100 times better if you could choose your freaking skill level, and change some of the options...!!

But noobs will always outnumber skilled players. Like in all online games...

Try playing StarCraft on Battle Net. Even the games that say "Newbs only" are really pros pretending to be newbies so they can raise their win percentage.

It's a fact.