Super Smash Bros. Brawl

CE

porky is and always has been pokey's japanese name

the fact that theyre using the japanese name is one of those things that makes you realize we're never getting mother 3 officially translated

Or you could be one of those optimists and see the inclusion of Mother 3 as a sign that demand will increase and may lead to a US release, a la Fire Emblem. Perhaps we'll have a more faithful translation?

Here's to Mother 3 on Mother's Day, 2008! (That's right, I'm calling a date.)

Well I guess I shouldn't be surprised to see a Metroid-themed level but I'm wondering if the Parasite Queen will attack players or if it's just atmosphere and the only hazard is the rotating stage the way it was with Brinstar Depths.

Oh, and Final Destination with Bob-Ombs only set on Very High.

>:D

And oh yeah, it flips upside down. .....WHY???

Seriously. I don't recall the frigate ever randomly flipping in MP. Dynamic stages are all good and well, but not when they don't make any goddamn sense.

Plus, with the exception of Pokemon Stadium and maybe Mute City, did anyone actually play any of Melee's moving/changing stages on a regular basis? Cause I sure as hell didn't. Normal MP stage plz.

Plus, with the exception of Pokemon Stadium and maybe Mute City, did anyone actually play any of Melee's moving/changing stages on a regular basis? Cause I sure as hell didn't. Normal MP stage plz.

I know people that enjoyed playing on Poke-floats quite a bit.

Theres plenty of other levels that don't seem to move around a lot, go play on one of those if you don't like the moving ones.

I never said moving stages are bad. But after the WHOA THIS STAGE IS MOVING effect wears off you just end up having to fight the stage more than your opponents and it gets annoying. Go into your records and I guarantee your most played stages will not be pokefloats, or big blue, or flat zone, or rainbow cruise, or icicle mountain.

The queen should periodically attack with its huge beam thingy instead (kind of like Lugia's attack but not insta-death). Then you would have a cool hazard that's true to the game but isn't too intrusive.

IMO.

Icicle mountain, least played. Pokefloats and Big Blue are played often, 'cause I likes a good challenge when I'm playing. (...it also gives me a chance to keep playing for more than three minutes 'cause I suck. And playing around obstacles gives me more of a chance to show off my hit 'em and run-repeat technique...cough)

Yes... Because SMASH BROTHERS, is supposed to make sense...

Naturally. I mean, I double jump all the time. I also fly further when I get in fights after every consecutive hit I get, until I get pummeled so high, I fall far away from the fightground and nondescriptly dissappear with a bling. Then, of course, I spawn on lit up gyro-platform, or else my family would miss me.

That's cool, hope they have more references to the Prime series. But this stage made me think of all of the other moving stages which made me think of the 3rd parties... I'm starting to get the feeling that Brawl might be a little sucky because it's sticking to the "OMG TEH STAGE IZ MOVING WIT SONICZ!1!!1!11!!!1" and it's gonna only do that crap. I suppose the Sakuri dude or however you spell it is bored

You forgot to mention that you have a colorful shield that pops up whenever you don't want to take a hit...or an egg.

Also, I just realized that I'm not going to be able to play as Sonic, for whenever I jump and go into the little ball I'm going to try to hit people with my jump ala every Sonic game ever.

I thought his jump and spin jump were separated in Brawl? Maybe I thought wrong though. (heh that's what I get for thinking?)

I'm too lazy to check my records, and they would hardly do any good since my friends and I played smash on like 4 different systems depending on where we were and who we were with. We all tended to turn off Rainbow cruise, G&W level, Venom, icicle mountain, both the mushroom kingdom stages.

We'd pick the stage with the random, not by any specific preference. So in all likelihood there isn't a huge disparity between play counts on moving and stationary stages...

I went to Northern California Ultimate Biweekly at San Jose State University.

Biggest f'ing tournament I've been to with a large handful of top names in the state there. Here's the list of the 48 of the 90 people. The bottom 42 players not listed were all eliminated in pools.

Singles (90 Entrants, 48 in Bracket Only)

1:

2:

3: Falcomist

4: Nemesis

5: Mexican

5: Lucien

7: Tang

7: Meep

9: Germ

9: Mr. Ganondorf

9: SideFX

9: Choknater

13:

13: BTZO

13: Frotaz

13: Phil

17: Khepri

17: Mike666

17: DRGN

17: HugQ

17: SNPR

17: Kira

17: Delphiki

17: Hyuga

25: Nek

25: AfroJustin

25: Global-Trance

25: SYNSEER

25: Hydrokirby

25: Simna

25: Mike Haze

25: T0mmy

33: P

33: JP

33: D4DDy

33: Hardgay

33: Kizzo

33: Nhat

33: Darkmatma

33: Twin

33: HMW

33: Mexi

33: Scamp

33: Zoap

33: Ian

33: BB

33: REL

33: Quak

Moving stages take the focus away from playing well and put it on avoiding falling off. They make for poor stages.

Just because "smash brothers" doesn't make much sense doesn't mean you shouldn't put effort into level design and balance.

and I would not bat an eyelash if Mother 3 is released with more Japanese names. It's happened before, and a simple name difference isn't much of an idicator of a non-release.

I think this item is pretty boring/totally-useless in single player and free for alls and outright essential for serious multiplayer contests.

Hopefully this means we see more serious team battles in SSB unlike the typical 1 vs 1 in tournaments.

tournaments ban items

ESPECIALLY recovery items

<3 tournaments