Super Smash Bros. Brawl

CE

Yeah you're gonna have to present quite an argument to convince me that a character doesn't "fit", atma. I think Snake already proved that they can come up with a moveset for just about anybody and make it work. I personally don't care about Megaman, but I don't see how his inclusion would cause any harm.

Also thanks for the clarification, #Az. Kinda figured this thread would have grown by like 20 pages since yesterday if it was true.

Lucas' nemesis = Porky

Ike's nemesis = Dark Knight or something like that

Samus' nemesis = Ridley or Dark Samus

Personally, I think it'd be cool to see Dark Samus as a playable. She's have Samus' weight and size, but her jumps and entire moveset would be different.

For starters, she floats a lot like Mewtwo. Secondly, in the first battle against her in Prime 2, she showcases about 3 or so moves that could be specials: A scatter laser shot, an invulnerability aura (could be a bit like Nayru's Love), and a move where she turns into a ball of phazon and launches into the ground (could be her 3rd jump). I personally believe she has much potential in that regard.

I totally agree with you. DS has great potential and I'd love to see her/it as a playable character.

I think Ridley and the Space Pirates would better fit as ATs

Something official about Mega Man and smash Bros straight from Keiji Inafune! It is sad.

During a question/answer session in the latest Bionic Commando podcast, Keiji Inafune lets us know that Mega Man isn’t in Brawl. His answer is pretty fun, and includes a little teasing throughout.

"Well, I really do love Super Smash Brothers. It’s a great series…but, Nintendo hasn’t asked me yet if they can use Mega Man in their game. I’m still waiting…we have a little bit of time left, it’s not coming out for another few months. They might get around to asking us if we’d like to put Mega Man in Super Smash Brothers. Maybe if somebody from Nintendo is listening to this podcast, they’ll give me a call."

The truth or a tease?

I seem to remember Sega saying something eerily similar to this about Sonic a few months ago. But is it too late for Nintendo add a new character under the current schedule for release, even if Nintendo wanted Mega Man in there?

Maybe downloadable content?

During a question/answer session in the latest Bionic Commando podcast, Keiji Inafune lets us know that Mega Man isn’t in Brawl. His answer is pretty fun, and includes a little teasing throughout.

"Well, I really do love Super Smash Brothers. It’s a great series…but, Nintendo hasn’t asked me yet if they can use Mega Man in their game. I’m still waiting…we have a little bit of time left, it’s not coming out for another few months. They might get around to asking us if we’d like to put Mega Man in Super Smash Brothers. Maybe if somebody from Nintendo is listening to this podcast, they’ll give me a call."

When the Dojo announces Mega Man, it will be a surprise for everyone! :tomatoface:

Something official about Mega Man and smash Bros straight from Keiji Inafune! It is sad.

The truth or a tease?

I seem to remember Sega saying something eerily similar to this about Sonic a few months ago. But is it too late for Nintendo add a new character under the current schedule for release, even if Nintendo wanted Mega Man in there?

Maybe downloadable content?

I dunno. This sounds like Inafune was going "nudge nudge wink wink." It remains a reasonable possibility that Mega Man is not in Brawl, but I'm still not totally convinced. If a random guy from a Japan only game from the N64 makes it as an assist trophy, the idea of Mega Man still possibly being in the game doesn't seem too farfetched.

By the way, when was that last podcast? Like, recently?

if by now nintendo didnt even CONTACT capcom for megaman there is basically no chance

the jap version in released in a month, which means it has to be completed really soon

so for them to add in a new character NOW is probably not gonna happen

By the way, when was that last podcast? Like, recently?

I'm pretty certain that it was on or right around the 20th anniversary.

If you listen to the podcast, the way that the translator speaks the comment makes me still believe that Megaman may be there. It sounded almost like a "I can't say anything, but I'll laugh about it!"

Also, for those who are saying Megaman doesn't belong in here and that he doesn't accurately represent Nintendo, he was in a SHOW ABOUT NINTENDO! He was a main character in Captain N if I remember. I'm pretty sure Megaman is one of THE Nintendo staples. If you ask some person who isn't a geek like us about video games, they will know who you are talking about if you mention Sonic, Mario, or Megaman. I bet a good majority of them would have no clue who Simon Belmont is (not that I don't want him in Brawl, quite the opposite). If any 3rd party character deserved a spot in this game it was Megaman, much more than Sonic or Snake, and that's regardless of if you love him or hate him.

With that said, the game is still going to be amazing either way and I hope to see Geno in some capacity.

maybe 10 years ago

Ice Climbers

Game and Watch

Marth

Pit

I was wondering if you could tell me what their relevance is today? And even what someone like Solid Snake's relevance is EVER. Just because you don't LIKE Megaman doesn't mean that he isn't worthy of making the roster. I'm not saying you have to like him, but what I am saying is that you're wrong.

For a game all about fan service and reaching back into the NES/SNES eras, I think your "10 years ago" comment only helps solidify my point. Thank you!

Ice Climbers

Game and Watch

Marth

Pit

I was wondering if you could tell me what their relevance is today? And even what someone like Solid Snake's relevance is EVER. Just because you don't LIKE Megaman doesn't mean that he isn't worthy of making the roster. I'm not saying you have to like him, but what I am saying is that you're wrong.

For a game all about fan service and reaching back into the NES/SNES eras, I think your "10 years ago" comment only helps solidify my point. Thank you!

all those characters were exclusive to nintendo and never went to another console

take a look at hmmm every significant mega man game after x3

what consoles were they on?

snake is there because kojima wanted him in melee and nintendo liked the idea but it was too late so they put it on hold

sonics there because segas sold out in every direction possible because they realize that they suck balls at making games and need money wherever they can get it

all those characters were exclusive to nintendo and never went to another console

take a look at hmmm every significant mega man game after x3

what consoles were they on?

snake is there because kojima wanted him in melee and nintendo liked the idea but it was too late so they put it on hold

sonics there because segas sold out in every direction possible because they realize that they suck balls at making games and need money wherever they can get it

What consoles were they on? hmm...well I guess you do have 4 X games and 1 exclusive Megaman Legends game (2) on the playstation...

and Megaman Zero on GBA, and Megaman ZX and some new stuff on DS!

So I guess you're right, that's around 5 PSX megaman games and around 1590592 Nintendo Megaman games.

Why wouldn't Nintendo like the idea of Megaman in the game when it has so much more to do with the legacy and rise of Nintendo consoles? There has been a Megaman game released on EVERY Nintendo console ever, the same is not true with Sonic or Snake.

I personally believe that Megaman went down hill after his(early) leave from the Nintendo systems, so there were no 'significant' titles after the orriginals. I also believe that he is starting to make a comeback with the GBA/DS titles that keep coming out. All in all, I've known MM all my life, but I've never even played the game with Belmont in it.

MM ftw. Thx.

I think you're missing the point a little with these "tease" comments, Atma.

Don't you think Keiji Inafune would know that is it indeed too late to add Megaman? I hardly see your judgement dwarfing his, and that's what makes it sound to me like Megaman is still very much a possibility.

I'm not a Megaman fan, purely because I haven't played any of the games, but I'm just struggling to justify any other newcomers I can think of. Considering the nature of newcomers already confirmed (Pit, MetaKnight and DeDeDe, all hailing back from early Nintendo consoles [snake too, though that's probably moot]), Megaman seems logical to me. Dismissing it as not even a possibility and arguing he isn't suitable just isn't the case.

Pit, MetaKnight and DeDeDe

how the balls does that correlate to mega man

pit was on nes and never went to another console

metaknight was snes thats it

dedede is everything kirby

the later 2 are made by HAL who also makes smash so um thats as first party as it gets

megaman is not only completely 3rd party but also has been on playstation consoles for a while now

also being that megaman x 4 is like the best one ever id say thats pretty significant

how the balls does that correlate to mega man

pit was on nes and never went to another console

metaknight was snes thats it

dedede is everything kirby

the later 2 are made by HAL who also makes smash so um thats as first party as it gets

megaman is not only completely 3rd party but also has been on playstation consoles for a while now

also being that megaman x 4 is like the best one ever id say thats pretty significant

wuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuut