Super Smash Bros. Brawl

CE

Funny how they can get away with just showing random gameplay clips followed by a picture of the case for a commercial in Japan. In the US most people would be like wtf is this on my TV? We gotta have live action and whatnot. Or at the very least in-game cutscenes. Y'know, cause they're prettier.

Thanks Airwalker! You made my day.

So, I'm going to a Melee/Mariokart tourny tomorrow at my library. I don't think I have anything to worry about, do you? I mean, it is just Dubuque, Iowa, after all...

Nope.

Unless that was posted on Smashboards, you probably won't even see halfway decent people there.

Also, is that a Metroid I see in commercial 2 at about 22 seconds?

Yeah, I'm not too worried. I wouldn't have even seen its add in my newspaper unless my friend hadn't pointed it out to me in class. So hopefully, none of the good smash players from around here will have even gotten that far. Not only that, but there's a more serious tournament going on in Des Moines today, so they might not even be in town!

In the best case scenario, I'll be surrounded by n00bie 10 year olds who just use Bowser and Roy, and I'll take 1st place easy!

I'm just wondering how exactly I should train...Since this likely doesn't even have a hint of professionalism, should I even bother training in 4-stock, no item matches on Fountain of Dreams? For all I know, they'll be using 2-min, normal item matches or something!

Also, my main is C. Falcon. Got any specific tips?

What is everyone's overall thoughts on assist trophies and the new funky items like Dragoon?

Me, I'm not yet sure if I'm going to like them. SSB has always been enjoyable to me because of its simple nature. We'll see though, the dev team seems like they could pull it off really well.

What is everyone's overall thoughts on assist trophies and the new funky items like Dragoon?

Me, I'm not yet sure if I'm going to like them. SSB has always been enjoyable to me because of its simple nature. We'll see though, the dev team seems like they could pull it off really well.

as soon as i turn the game on the first thing im doing is turning all items off

Turn them off?

Assist trophies? Awesome. Basically like Pokéballs to me but with more scope for cameos, which is what Smash Bros. is about for me as an individual universe conceptually.

As for things like the Dragoon? I don't know. It looks cool, but fighting over items like that, collecting them for the long term... I agree with you. The past two games have not been bad. I just don't know. I'm not even so sure I'm too hot about Smash Balls.

Not to start the whole "item" debate/bullcrap again, but I'm actually looking forward to messing around with every toy they give me in the game. The more chaos, the better, in my opinion.

And I do love the idea of assist trophies. Great fun can be had with these. Can't wait to try them and the other stuff out.