Super Smash Bros. Brawl

CE

I also revoke my statement about ZSS being nothing more than a costume change. After re-reading info about her on the Dojo (I ignored most if it, I'm not a Samus fan), she does indeed have a few alternative moves and is faster+less powerful than normal Samus.

I also revoke my statement about ZSS being nothing more than a costume change. After re-reading info about her on the Dojo (I ignored most if it, I'm not a Samus fan), she does indeed have a few alternative moves and is faster+less powerful than normal Samus.

This is why I said you mustn't have know. ;-)

Haha that doesn't make sense, but it doesn't matter. If it's because of my comment on the music - I remember hearing the music from the first video ever on Dojo, I just wanted to put my opinion on it since I'm new to the thread.

I don't wanna fight with anyone, so let's start a new conversation topic. What hasn't been overkilled in this thread yet?

Haha that doesn't make sense, but it doesn't matter. If it's because of my comment on the music - I remember hearing the music from the first video ever on Dojo, I just wanted to put my opinion on it since I'm new to the thread.

I don't wanna fight with anyone, so let's start a new conversation topic. What hasn't been overkilled in this thread yet?

Fight? No no. No fights here. I just thought you didn't know about dojo because you thought zero suit and regular samus were the same. And nothing but contrary things are posted in it. No aggressive fighting attitude was intended. ;-)

as for topics yet overkilled... uh.. the only thing I can think of is the different game physics and universal movement this time around.

Enlighten me.

I actually don't know what's changed in that regard.

And some new information would overshadow my worries about the game's speed. SSB is too slow. No question. But I personally don't find Melee to be too fast, and I'm not sure how I'm going to like anything slower...

Enlighten me.

I actually don't know what's changed in that regard.

And some new information would overshadow my worries about the game's speed. SSB is too slow. No question. But I personally don't find Melee to be too fast, and I'm not sure how I'm going to like anything slower...

I don't know what has changed either. Thats why I was hoping people would discuss. I heard that they changed physics engines. I also heard that momentum in running physics were modified and dodging as well (and consequently no WD). I don't know about the games speed yet, but it doesn't look much different. And what is with everyones ability to crawl now?

The crawling also caught my eye when they first showed it... It does have some strategic qualities, I suppose.

With the physics changes, I still think they're trying to level the learning curve to allow more people to try the game. Nintendo says they're trying to encourage more people to play games, so as I've speculated before, that may be part of the reason for things like a hinted elimination of physics anomalies like wavedashing.

One change that I thought was a bit extreme, was the walk-n-shoot ability. It just seems like something that'd be very abusable. Now if you can also jump while shooting, that'd be really scary. :dstrbd:

...couldn't you ALWAYS jump while shooting??

So, I'm back from the Library tourny.

Just as I suspected, the only competition was a bunch of n00bie 10 year olds. Mariokart went the best. I won both races I did. I used Yoshi and Paratroopa. I even fell into the piranha plant pit (in dry dry desert), yet I still was far in the lead! I almost got second in the last race, but I got a red shell just in time. Then I hit a car, but was lucky because it was a mushroom car. Grabbed the mushroom that fell out, and jetted straight into the finish line!

Melee went almost as well. I got second on Yoshi's story with Falcon. One time I dodged in midair, and slid way out to the side, and thus, fell to my death.

Finally, we went to Hyrule Temple, and I was Link. After a long, drawn out match, it was just me and a Sheik. We went back and forth, him using needles, and me trying to dive on top of him with my sword. We got down to our last lives. He was at 50% and I was at 170%. I was pretty much boned, so I hid down below the level in desperation! Finally, when Sheik dove down towards me, I hit him with a foward A move. He flew from it, and then I up B'd him.

I won.

Now, I have to keep going back every 1st sunday of the month until April. Then, hopefully, I can claim 1st prize: An iPod Nano and a videogame store gift certificate.

I really can't wait to do this kind of stuff with Brawl and Mariokart Wii!

actually its a matter of the outcome of the match being a product of complete skill rather than any kind of luck

Taking out the luck is what changes a game from fun to a 'my gamedick is bigger than your gamedick' contest