Super Smash Bros. Brawl

CE

With Brawl so close, I can't help but reminded of all the overzealous "Man. [insert Character Here] is SO going to be my main" exclamations going around.

That is so dumb.

When Melee was coming out, I'm sure there were plenty of "Man. Bowser is SO going to be my main."

Look how horrible that turned out... (unless you're Gimpyfish)

With Brawl so close, I can't help but reminded of all the overzealous "Man. [insert Character Here] is SO going to be my main" exclamations going around.

That is so dumb.

When Melee was coming out, I'm sure there were plenty of "Man. Bowser is SO going to be my main."

Look how horrible that turned out... (unless you're Gimpyfish)

Well, that only holds true if you're talking about a main for competitively playing. For example, I would never take Bowser to a tourney, but for a fun game with friends, I would use him, sure. I don't think myself able to tell the "top-tier" characters at this point, but I know that Wario looks hilarious to play as.

Still, when I get my hands on the game for the first time, I think I'm going to be playing my first match with Dedede - just because he looks fun to play as. Who knows what his chances are for competitive play.

I supposed there is a possibility of Sonic being a new character that I might use more often than others, but I will not know for sure as Brawl has not been released yet.

Surely you don't mean that you're not sure if Sonic is a new character.

I think he just means a character that he tries out.

I'll probably try him out too, just for fun.

Pit too. He looks like cool character.

Mostly, I'm looking forward to Samus' new (actual) shininess.

Also, levels were mentioned earlier. Why exactly is Temple not used for tournaments, when Rainbow Cruise is comprised of platforms that appear/disappear?

I'd say Temple is more straightforward, albeit large. Brinstar Depths rotates; so what?

I've also discovered that certain characters seem to have advantages/disadvantages on certain levels, so it seems to me like whoever decided what levels made a "true" tournament were a bit biased.

Eh, I think its because people can just lurk in the bottom part with ridiculously high % and stay alive. After all, that's how I won! I wouldn't have had a chance against Sheik otherwise.

I'm going to start as Mario, and probably use him every so often after that. That's how I do it in Melee. I think it will introduce me to Brawl's new physics, stages and items quite well.

... pick so early.

I want to main Solid Snake just because everyone I know, knows how much of a Metal Gear freak I am. It's a natural fit. I'll try my best to get good with him regardless of whether he sucks or not. :P Of course, I'm half-joking. I would love to play Snake, and if fate so has it, I will providing I can do anything at all with him. It will be hard not to backslide to my old Melee character. I guess we get an update tonight too. That's exciting. That was a pretty weird week without my Brawl goodness.

We're nearly to the one-month waiting point! How exciting!