Super Smash Bros. Brawl

CE

Onnett was a fun map. I love when a buddy is smug up on top of an awning and it falls right as a car passes by, nuking him right off the map.

I didn't really mind the other one with the UFO and helicopter pad. The UFO was kinda lame, though.

Someone must realize that these stages are going to play completely differently in Brawl than they did in Melee, right? They've undoubtedly removed the things that made these stages bad (or, worse than they could have been).

I didn't like Rainbow Cruise because of the ridiculously high gravity in Melee, and because several of the characters (such as Kibry) can't move horizontally fast enough to escape the screen scrolling. In Brawl I can see this being an extremely fun stage (especially the dangerous parts!)

I hated Yoshi's Island because Melee characters can't fight on sloped surfaces, and the high gravity and several other factors make the hole in the center kill you (and by "you" I mean "me") instantly without warning. Now it looks like it'll be one of the more fun and interesting stages, with destructible floors that will actually effect gameplay =)

And let's not forget Corneria, where both players being in the air makes the camera pan up so far that you can't see where the ground is, the ground that you're about to LAND ON in a quarter of a second (or, er, NOT land on and subsequently die). That, coupled with getting shot with ships that were never on the screen, and the sloped ground, made it a pretty lousy stage. Hopefully it's now back to its SSB64 glory!! ^_^ (or, at least a smaller version of it...)

And Brinstar wasn't that great because it was too small... but now half of the stages in Brawl are that size, it's not so small anymore =D

[Edit]

I love when a buddy is smug up on top of an awning and it falls right as a car passes by, nuking him right off the map.

Lol I read "awning" as "arwing" about 5 times before I read it correctly... you had me really confused!

On that note, I liked the part in the Brinstar level where you could ride Skeleton Crocomire.

Ahh, *those* "good feelings"......

.... you're talking about Ness, right?

Wait, is Ness's inclusion not guaranteed? It wouldn't even be SSB without Ness! He's a hardcore classic, even if he was the last unlockable in SSB.

Woo, 50th post.

No, theyre modifying it to include all 796 pokemans for viewing pleasure in 99 stock matches.

That would actually be wicked cool, just for show.

Has anyone speculated on a Street Fighter character being unlockable? Not an SF fan myself, but meh.

Ahh, *those* "good feelings"......

.... you're talking about Ness, right?

I'm talking about Ness, anyway.

I love the character too much. Retool him all you like, in fact, I really hope they change up his special moves so he'll actually be like his character in Earthbound. (That goes double for you, Ganondorf.) Just don't pass over him completely! D-:

shut up man you know all about earthbound fans and their knack for hope

I seriously do hope that Ness is still in and Duster is an AT and Giygas is a boss

Has anyone speculated on a Street Fighter character being unlockable? Not an SF fan myself, but meh.

Ryu was my next guess for a character after Mega Man.

I didn't ask why he wasn't. I remarked on how I was surprised that a very popular, classic Nintendo character wasn't in the third installment. My only question was rhetorical to further remark on how he is probably worthy of being in. You guys get angry!