Super Smash Bros. Brawl

CE

ughh.... Brinstar. I don't think I know anyone that enjoys playing that level (especially when compared to other levels). Maybe we can get some more cool Metroid levels now that the rising acid stuff is taken care of...

Huh... just about everyone I know who ever played SSBM in person loved Brinstar. The chaos of it all. I guess some tourney-tards who aim for purity (as in something like 'four flat stages with no effects') would certainly dislike it. I think this game needs more chaotic stages to actually feel like a "Smash Brothers" game.

Huh... just about everyone I know who ever played SSBM in person loved Brinstar. The chaos of it all. I guess some tourney-tards who aim for purity (as in something like 'four flat stages with no effects') would certainly dislike it. I think this game needs more chaotic stages to actually feel like a "Smash Brothers" game.

it has enough chaotic stages it needs a few more neutral ones

you really dont understand what a third party is do you

I do, but Sonic is in Brawl, and he didn't appear on Nintendo until Game Cube, IIRC and the same applies to Solid Snake. I am at fault for saying "classic Nintendo" character if the definition of "classic Nintendo" characters are restricted to having been published by Nintendo.

Again, I was only trying to express my surprise that MegaMan, who has been appearing on Nintendo consoles for over two decades, has not been included in Brawl at this point. I have no feelings on whether he should or should not be included, just surprise. And mild surprise at that.

Instead of being "surprised" that a third party character does not appear in a game previously restricted to first and second party characters, you should be happy that Snake and Sonic appear. We may or may not get a third one, and they may or may not be lying about Megaman, just you know, to keep some surprises in the game.

And I'm sure that by April, EGM is gonna have the exact instructions on how to unlock megaman...

More Melee Stages, eh?

I wish they chose other stages to represent in the update. I don't know anyone who likes Brinstar. Also, I have a friend who HATES melee's corneria because it's smaller relative to the characters than 64's sector Z. Looks like that hasn't changed for Brawl's obligatory great fox stage.

And I'm sure that by April, EGM is gonna have the exact instructions on how to unlock megaman...

More like internet by Jan. 27, and for every character.

EDIT: Also I like Brinstar. I wouldn't choose it over, say, Fountain of Dreams given the choice, but it's a hell of a lot better than some other stages.

EDIT: Also I like Brinstar. I wouldn't choose it over, say, Fountain of Dreams given the choice, but it's a hell of a lot better than some other stages.

I think you missed RD's joke there. :wink:

ontopic: Wow, a lot of hate for brinstar. I love playing that stage. With a lot of Melee stages returning I think there is a good chance that we might see a lof of 64 stages returning as well. At lesat I hope they do.

I think RD was thinking more along the lines of April 1st...

Mega Man is a classic capcom character and he was born and raised on the good ol' NES. It's a damn shame that he couldn't fit in on the roster and I still want to cry because of his absence. Of course, in this world, there is a limit to how awesome things can get. If Mega Man were added to Brawl, it would exceed the awesomeness meter of reality and the universe would cease to exist (Mega Man, Sonic, Snake, and all of those Ninty guys? Not in this dimension!). Thus it cannot happen. Still, I am shaken with grief.

All I know is Rainbow Ride's return makes me happy. Despite that a lot of people don't like forced scrolling, I really liked that stage. Wasn't too surprised about Corneria. Though the one that had me going "WTF" was Brinstar, which in my experience was not popular at all, though glancing at this board seems to have proven me wrong. I was kind of neutral toward it. But anyway.

Megadave's right on the issue of Mega Man. He's seen a huge amount of action on Nintendo consoles, so that's why he's desired by many as a candidate, third party or no. Personally, I'd like to see him, but if he's not there, whatever, y'know? We have Sonic and Snake, and that's damn lucky enough as it is.

Mega Man is a classic capcom character and he was born and raised on the good ol' NES. It's a damn shame that he couldn't fit in on the roster and I still want to cry because of his absence. Of course, in this world, there is a limit to how awesome things can get. If Mega Man were added to Brawl, it would exceed the awesomeness meter of reality and the universe would cease to exist (Mega Man, Sonic, Snake, and all of those Ninty guys? Not in this dimension!). Thus it cannot happen. Still, I am shaken with grief.

You know, I thought about if Mega man would be in Brawl. Yes, it would be overy awesome, but if you look at it, it would kind of be another Samus. MMX over Samus though.

You know, I thought about if Mega man would be in Brawl. Yes, it would be overy awesome, but if you look at it, it would kind of be another Samus. MMX over Samus though.

I still don't see why people say Mega Man would be a Samus clone.

Other than the charge shot, there would be no similarities in their moves. I mean, Mewtwo had a charge shot and he wasn't considered to be another Samus, right? :P