Super Smash Bros. Brawl

CE

You know, I thought about if Mega man would be in Brawl. Yes, it would be overy awesome, but if you look at it, it would kind of be another Samus. MMX over Samus though.

I don't see any similarities between the two besides the ability to charge their guns. Mega Man's short jump is a far cry from Samus' slow-motion flipping jump. Mega Man increases speed by sliding (or dashing for post-classic Mega Man) while Samus simply runs. Their attacks and abilities are also way different. I also think that Mega Man would not have to stop to charge his buster. After that, factor in Mega Man's copycat abilities and his dog, Rush. Then factor in the various abilities of the kajillions of bosses he's stolen which would actually make it into Brawl had Inafune begged Sakurai.

In other words, I have no idea on why the two are compared so often. Yet, for some reason, I would love to see a battle between the two of them.

But how would he copy abilities in the midst of battle? I mean, a Maverick can't just pop out of nowhere and say here dude, you got me powerz!

It could be like in Marvel vs Capcom, where he calls Eddie (the little red helper robot) to hand him one of three power ups (Rock Ball, Leaf Shield, and Tornado Hold).

I was thinking down-B would switch between 3 or 4 powers (Cut Man, Crash Man, Snake Man, Toad Man), B would use the power (or Mega Buster without a power selected), forward-B would be Rush Jet, and up-B would be Item 1 from Mega Man 2 (creating a platform under Mega Man that lifts him up).

Wow, a lot of hate for brinstar. I love playing that stage. With a lot of Melee stages returning I think there is a good chance that we might see a lof of 64 stages returning as well. At lesat I hope they do.

I'd like to see the 64 version of Brinstar return. I liked its layout, and thought it was more fun than the Melee version.

Before I say anything else, Classic Mega Man would make this the most perfect game of its kind, and one of the best games ever created. However, Brawl without Mega Man still = 99% of that last statement.

But Classic Mega Man deserves to be in this game. His history with Nintendo is unrivaled with other iconic, 3rd party characters. There simply isn't one person who would make a better choice.

Those who say he's a Kirby/Samus copy, cut it out. Mega Man doesn't usually (or, ever) swallow his foes, nor does he roll up into a ball and get various suit upgrades (or, at least, not even close to how Samus does).

First of all, he gains abilities by defeating his foes. This can be incorporated into Brawl ingeniously! Rather than get an exact copy of his foe's B move like Kirby does, Mega Man could receive a brand new weapon that is only related to their B move. Some examples:

Mega Man KO's Pikachu: He gets his electric power from Mega Man 1.

Mega Man KO's Mario/Luigi: He gets his fire power from Mega Man 6. (His fire power from MM2 seems a little drastic to obtain from Mario's lil' fireball, no?)

Mega Man KO's Kirby/King Dedede: He gets a vacuum power.

Mega Man KO's Link/Meta Knight/Ike/other sword user: He gets his slash power from Mega Man 7.

You see what I mean? Even if my obtained abilities list sucks, just think of the idea in general at least! No copycats of Kirby/Samus here. These moves could all just replace his Mega Buster, which would be assigned to his normal B move. And, as has been said before, he should have the ability to charge while running, as he does in his games. Maybe it could be a little nerfed, so as to avoid cheap comparison's to Samus's charge beam?

Anyway, all of my dreams come true when Classic Mega Man is playable (like ^that) in Brawl. And none of that Mega Man .EXE crap either!

And, as has been said before, he should have the ability to charge while running, as he does in his games. Maybe it could be a little nerfed, so as to avoid cheap comparison's to Samus's charge beam?

I just thought of something funny. While its true that Mega Man has the ability to run and charge his buster in his games, Samus has the same privileges with her Charge beam in her games. Why doesn't she get this luxury in SSB?

I just thought of something funny. While its true that Mega Man has the ability to run and charge his buster in his games, Samus has the same privileges with her Charge beam in her games. Why doesn't she get this luxury in SSB?

because that would be retarded and make her broken

people are stationary when they charge so people can have a chance to stop their charging

loving the new people in this thread.....

Captain Falcon confirmed? Red Alloy looks eerily similar to good old Falcon's fighting stance (just like the old wireframes).

Blue looks like (possibly) Zelda's graceful movements? Maybe ZeroSuit Samus? *shrugs* It was Zelda for the wireframes so I'll assume Zelda right now.

Green is more likely than not Kirby's regular moves.

Yellow is probably Mario. Judging by the way he's falling with his arms in the air (just like Mario back in the day) in the last pic. Those horns remind me of ICO. lol.

All of this is assuming that we see some similarities between copying regular attacks for these generic fighters in a similar fashion of how they did it with the wireframes (Falcon and Zelda moves).

I'm so happy to see some emphasis on cooperative play. That makes me soo happy because while I love pummeling my pals (and being pummeled too), nothing beats being able to be a team. I hope we see some cool cooperative mission scenarios, like defend the right side, or something along those lines. Cool stuff. AND I like the alloys. They look huge from those pictures, but hella cool.

....The alloys are somewhat related to Meteos.

The Red Alloy:Dawndus.

The Blue Alloy:Cavious.

The Yellow Alloy(The one that really struck me to this theory.):Geolite.

The Green Alloy:Megadom.

The resemblances are far too striking to be merely coincidence.

Brilliant update!

This man must be a genius; he manages to make existing things all new and fresh and exiting without "breaking" them!

I like how there are now more types of "wireframe fighters". I wonder what makes the yellow and green ones different in fighting style...

The green one looks a bit like he may be a "heavy" character, like Bowser.

Co-op mode just makes it a whole lot more fun, and the inclusion of online is even more excellent :)

So... February eh?