Super Smash Bros. Brawl

CE

I made some mistakes in my post, it's now fixed ^_^

Use the "P" in "Parutena no Kagami"

[Edit]

And now that the site has exactly 12 newcomers and 12 veterans... I'm guessing that they're not going to announce any new characters on the site, so we'll have to wait until the game's out (or at least until the information has leaked).

I'm apparently missing something here...

Where is this list located (if anywhere)...?

If you're talking about the icon list, it comes from checking the file name of each icon that appears. For instance the flower icon next to Pikmin & Olimar is 22 and the file name is http://www.smashbros.com/en_us/images/icon/world_b_22.gif. All the icons from the site have been collected and compiled as such as the one I posted.

[Edit]

And now that the site has exactly 12 newcomers and 12 veterans... I'm guessing that they're not going to announce any new characters on the site, so we'll have to wait until the game's out (or at least until the game has leaked).

more correct

FINALLY, i fuckin told you so :D:D:D

I knew he was gonna be in. Nintendo launched Pikmin as their IP, so they aren't going to neglect that. But sooooo fucking nice to have confirmed.

And not only that, but the song's supervisor is Mitsuda? Mitsuda helping out with the pikmin song? DAMN

Can't freakin wait for the Pikmin stage!

Well, I am pleasantly surprised. I can't possibly imagine a Final Smash for these guys, other then the classic mob rush.

I can't think of any moves, really.

Although, didn't Olimar have a cheapie pistol or something in the game? I can't remember.

Well, I am pleasantly surprised. I can't possibly imagine a Final Smash for these guys, other then the classic mob rush.

I can't think of any moves, really.

Although, didn't Olimar have a cheapie pistol or something in the game? I can't remember.

in Pikmin 2 there were two sprays. One turned adjacent opponents to rock temporarily, and the other doubled the Pikmins' speed and strength temporarily. I'd put money on one of those being the final smash.

Though I would like to see Olimar command 100 pikmin for a brief time. :grin:

:-P Yay, something of real substance. Something that made me say "Sweet".

Although, I can't shake this feeling that Ollmar will become a character that I play once and absolutely hate. Then it will become a character some other player becomes really good at and dominates me. Just like Ice Climbers.

Superb song by the way! I've never played Pikmin, but this is the best update in a while ^_^

The Pikmin icon is #22, so:

15 - Dōbutsu no Mori (Animal Crossing)

16 - Meido in Wario (Wario Ware)

17 - Metaru Gia (Metal Gear)

18 - Hikari Shinwa: Parutena no Kagami (Kid Icarus)

19 - ???

20 - Sonic

21 - Nintendo DS (not in alphabetical order)

22 - Pikmin (not in alphabetical order)

Alright, crazy theory time!

As established before, icons 15 to 18 are PROBABLY in alphabetical order by the English spellings of the series' Japanese names. Which means icons 15 to 20 might ALSO be in alphabetical order. If so, Rockman fits in to #19 perfectly, as was the theory.

With 21 and 22, the alphabetical order is broken - this may suggest that the list of icons was made BEFORE they decided to add a DS stage and a Pikmin character (or, at least before they decided they were definitely going to keep them). If Rockman's in the game, he's a MAJOR character - they most likely would have started development with him early on (or, at least sealed the deal with Capcom early on). So, if Megaman is in the game, I'd be willing to bet he's #19.

Anyway... I still have hope for Megaman!! Not tommorow though... Th-They wouldn't do two surprise newcomer updates in a row, would they?!

[Edit]

Ooops I bolded the wrong letter in Kid Icarus =p Fixed.

Maybe they're just assigning random numbers to throw us all off. Of course it would be funny if the next icon that appears is like #73 or something.

Maybe they're just assigning random numbers to throw us all off. Of course it would be funny if the next icon that appears is like #73 or something.

It's not THAT random. Icons 01-11 = introduced in Smash 64. Icons 12-14 = introduced in Smash Melee. Icons 15-?? = introduced in Smash Brawl.

It's not THAT random. Icons 01-11 = introduced in Smash 64. Icons 12-14 = introduced in Smash Melee. Icons 15-?? = introduced in Smash Brawl.

That's what they want you to think. Make it seem rational at first and them, blam! They mess it up. It's a conspiracy theory, I tell's ya!

:tomatoface: