Super Smash Bros. Brawl

CE

Sound's logical to me. I was really hoping that Olimar was goning to be in brawl. Thank you Sakurai-San.

My prediction for tomorrow - Pikmin stage, AT Metroid (confirmed in commerical 1 for Japan), or how to save.

I knew I saw a Metroid like character in the commercial, but really? How good of a character could a Metroid be? All it can do it suck your life and grow bigger.

Im saying tomorrow is gonna be Pikmin FS or stage

Sound's logical to me. I was really hoping that Olimar was goning to be in brawl. Thank you Sakurai-San.

My prediction for tomorrow - Pikmin stage, AT Metroid (confirmed in commerical 1 for Japan), or how to save.

From your mouth to Sakurai's ear - although, a double Pikmin update (moves, FS, stage - any combo of those three) would be better IMO.

From the screenshots of Olimar in action (acyion? kudos to whoever gets the joke), I was somewhat reminded of Yoshi's Island. Maybe that's how they're gonna make Olimar, like a YI Yoshi but with plant creatures instead of eggs.

That's what they want you to think. Make it seem rational at first and them, blam! They mess it up. It's a conspiracy theory, I tell's ya!
Akin to the Zelda Timeline then, amiright?

No, the Zelda timeline is much more complex than that. So complex it would make a good character for Brawl. Plus, it would have the best final smash EVER - like 50 Ganons appear and basically rape you. And maybe a Vaati or two. And Veran and that General dude from the Oracles.

...and Tingle OMGWTF NOES. :?

I knew I saw a Metroid like character in the commercial, but really? How good of a character could a Metroid be? All it can do it suck your life and grow bigger.

Im saying tomorrow is gonna be Pikmin FS or stage

You might want to re-read the posts or watch the commercial yourself, but the Metroid is an assist trophy NOT a character.

I don't think Sakurai will drop the bomb of the FS for a little while, I personally would revel in the shock he's just given some people and take it slow with the stage then special moves. Or drop a completely unrelated bomb to further consolidate that he's got more surprises up his sleeve.

Put me down as the proverbial "Negative Ned".

In other words, I hate this update. :|

Couldn't Olimar's slot be filled with someone, I don't know, more famous? How about someone with more than 2 games? How about someone who wasn't originally the size of a pinhead?

Yeah, I'm looking at you K. Rool...

Yeah, I'm looking at you K. Rool...

Why you would want another Bowser clone-esque character is beyond me, Negative Ned. We're getting the older characters back filling similar but slightly differently defined niches while having new characters (and items, actually) filling new roles that are actually, well, innovative. For once we have two characters who don't actually have much fighting capability on their own (I'm guessing for Olimar since he can't do a smash attack w/o pikmin. I'm sure about pkmn trainer.) much like the Ice Climbers whose effectiveness drops significantly if you kill off the secondary one. More ideas like this are what makes Smash into a game of its own genre in that you had characters like Zelda/Shiek but now have Samus/ZSS along with the three afore-mentioned specialty characters. Honestly adding Bowser the way he was in Melee was, in my opinion, a mistake, and I do hope they avoid anything like that in this installment.

He's had two of his own games, so it's completely, scarily possible.

I must admit, I'd actually enjoy seeing Tingle on the battlefield just so I could beat the crap out of him. And hey - free character!

...wouldn't it be awesome if Tingle got to be considered "top tier"? The pros who used him would never live down the shame, even if they won.

For once we have two characters who don't actually have much fighting capability on their own (I'm guessing for Olimar since he can't do a smash attack w/o pikmin. I'm sure about pkmn trainer.) much like the Ice Climbers whose effectiveness drops significantly if you kill off the secondary one.

But Olimar actually risks himself on the battlefield...cowardly Pokemon Trainer can't even step ONTO the battlefield. That said, I wonder if a Pikmin can defeat a Pokemon? The battle of the names that sound alike.

And I don't know how it is for anyone else, but I seem to play BETTER as the IC when I'm alone. I think it's because I'm not as worried about dying, since I'll only come back stronger like Obi-Wan except without the hermit solitude. And ghostly visage.

I know. It's ridiculous. I've never even seen Pokemon Trainer in action and I already hate him. I can see myself wanting to go into the background and stab his throat, then throwing my controller in frustration because I can't.

Why you would want another Bowser clone-esque character is beyond me, Negative Ned.

Hmm, I don't seem to remember Bowser having a Helicopter pack...or a musket that shoots cannonballs, spiked balls, and clouds...or a boomeranging crown...or an enlarged eye that likes to change sides.

Of course, I remember K. Rool doing all kinds of Bowser stuff! Retracting into the shell that all giant crocodiles have...breathing fire...using his giant claws to scratch up DK...Oh yeah. K. Rool is the spitting image of Boswer!

Oh wait, none of that happened...

Next you're gonna tell me Ridley is another Bowser clone! Hey, they both breath fire! ZOMG!

:idea: Maybe next time you should come up for a legitimate reason a character shouldn't be in Brawl?

Hmm, I don't seem to remember Bowser having a Helicopter pack...or a musket that shoots cannonballs, spiked balls, and clouds...or a boomeranging crown...or an enlarged eye that likes to change sides.

Of course, I remember K. Rool doing all kinds of Bowser stuff! Retracting into the shell that all giant crocodiles have...breathing fire...using his giant claws to scratch up DK...Oh yeah. K. Rool is the spitting image of Boswer!

Oh wait, none of that happened...

Next you're gonna tell me Ridley is another Bowser clone! Hey, they both breath fire! ZOMG!

:idea: Maybe next time you should come up for a legitimate reason a character shouldn't be in Brawl?

The Internet is more than serious.

It's brutal.

The Internet is more than serious.

It's brutal.

I know, it's crazy shit.

I like when SSB has enemies from a popular series. I think it makes the game more interesting and balanced, albeit only because of the characters in it. With the inclusion of Diddy, the DK series qualifies for getting a baddy from the series, IMO.

I did. K.Rool is bound to be slow and large. As far as Smash is concerned, remember, we're talking about Smash here, it'd be a similar large character with slow supposedly powerful attacks. With a hit area far too large to compensate for sub-par attacks Bowser in Melee was nothing more than a walking liability. I can only hope he's either faster or able to take more damage in Brawl because that's the only way he would work. Which, incidentally, would be how you would incorporate K.Rool, right? Large, slow, needs something to compensate for the fact that the balance between speed and power means a lot in the series. There's enough reasoning in my post, unlike yours. More than 2 games? Sure, he's only got two, but they were good and they were well known on the GCN. Larger than a pinhead? Sorry, Smash already ignores stuff like that with Kirby, so there's already good precedent for him.

So, Olimar. How does everyone like him? He was the one new character I really wanted, so I'm super excited. I can't wait to see his final smash, his special moves, his play style altogether.

God, I can't wait for this game. I think Olimar is one more character I'm going to try and master, in addition to Pit and Pokemon Trainer.

There are going to be so many unique characters in the final roster; it will be epic and huge. Honestly, I have trouble imagining what playing Brawl is going to be like with just THIS many new characters added into the mix! There are always going to be some characters that are way more popular than others, but even so...

Pokemon Trainer and Olimar look to be my picks for favorite newcomer. I'm all for insane technical skill. I like the Ice Climbers, too, though, so I must be insane XD