Super Smash Bros. Brawl

CE

HOLY SHIT HOLY SHIT

Wasn't expecting this at all. Olimar's by far my most wanted character. Interesting how they're looking to pull it off.

It's really awesome how Pikmin is getting some representation. It's an amazing series that more people need to try.

I did. K.Rool is bound to be slow and large. As far as Smash is concerned, remember, we're talking about Smash here, it'd be a similar large character with slow supposedly powerful attacks. With a hit area far too large to compensate for sub-par attacks Bowser in Melee was nothing more than a walking liability. I can only hope he's either faster or able to take more damage in Brawl because that's the only way he would work. Which, incidentally, would be how you would incorporate K.Rool, right? Large, slow, needs something to compensate for the fact that the balance between speed and power means a lot in the series. There's enough reasoning in my post, unlike yours. More than 2 games? Sure, he's only got two, but they were good and they were well known on the GCN. Larger than a pinhead? Sorry, Smash already ignores stuff like that with Kirby, so there's already good precedent for him.

Hmm, you've made some good points about Olimar's/Kirby's size and K. Rool's playing style.

But your rebuttal against K. Rool is equally weak. Your rebuttal could equally apply to DK, or Ganondorf, to a lesser degree. By your logic, we shouldn't include the likes of them in Brawl either? If you wanna discuss this in a SSBB format, you'll have to do better than that. After all, not many people rocked as DK in SSBM, am I right? *doesn't include self in last question*

Your game quality quip also fails. K. Rool was in 4 major games. Each one of these games have enjoyed more success than Pikmin ever will...

*Feels a little tug on his conscience*

Okay, fine, I'll admit it. As cold as I feel towards Olimar, I can't shake this attitude of "the more the merrier". Dang it, I'm such a softie...:banghead:

WHY CAN'T WE ALl JUST LOVE EACH OTHER :cry:

Back on topic, now that Olimar is confirmed I don't really know what to think. I mean, I assume the Pikmin series was awesome otherwise I wouldn't be hearing all this praise about it, but it just never struck me that he would seriously be considered as a character.

I know, I know. Pit/G&W/IC/whatever are probably more WTF than Olimar - at least Olimar had two fairly recent games under his belt (I refuse to count remakes of Pit/G&W/IC's games) - but Olimar never seemed to me as "big enough" for a game of his own, even if he was an interesting character.

So, basically my ideas of who is gonna be in Brawl are all thrown out of whack (and they were fairly decent before - I anticipated Sonic and Dedede; collected $20 off of a bet about Sonic). Anyone else feeling this, or am I spitting in the wind?

Also, this picture of a guy in the upper left hand corner of the page? Says he's mascot49 in the address? Has wierd bat-like wings? I think he'd be awesome in Brawl. Just sayin'. :<

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Why? Why would they do this awful thing?

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Why? Why would they do this awful thing?

OH DEAR GAWD TEN CHAR

EDIT: Also, like... this has been the first decent week of updates since, like... October. I remember when they revealed Sonic on my birthday, and then the delay... I hope this thing's still going as planned.

After the Jap release do you think it'll be necessary to have updates any longer? I would hope not, they've gotten so irritating but I want the info, so I deal. There's bound to be at least a handful of hardcore gamers waiting to unlock everything then report to the rest of the world that they got it all first.

After the Jap release do you think it'll be necessary to have updates any longer? I would hope not, they've gotten so irritating but I want the info, so I deal. There's bound to be at least a handful of hardcore gamers waiting to unlock everything then report to the rest of the world that they got it all first.

there are plenty of those

i know a few

Hopefully this is all a false alarm. However, I wouldn't be surprised if they wanted to push back the US release. My theory being, they'll have time to iron out any Nintendo Wi-Fi issues with the game before producing a million or so discs.

Since, y'know, Nintendo simply doesn't have a lot of experience with online gaming. :( But that's just my take on it.