Super Smash Bros. Brawl

CE

There's some rumor that Brawl is being pushed back to March.

"one video game store owner who claims to have received an email blast from his distributor alerting him to the delay"

They're adding Megaman.

I think that would be mega cool, yes I do. I wouldn't care how long they had to push it back, although this is a lie and it will be coming out Feb 10th.

By the way, I like to see colored text every once in a while.

So it seems Shiek has been confirmed to be in Brawl along with a look at Zelda's Final Smash:

(The following is taken out of one of the cards from the CoroCoro Magazine)

56073063420080110143829.jpg

I don't have a proper translation, but Google Translate says:

>>> Zelda

>>> Love RANERU

>>> Wind FIRONE

>>> Flame ORUDIN

>>> TOWAIRAITOCHENJI (ORIJINARUTOWAIRAITO specifications Seek Metamorphosis)

>>> Last trump: archery light

Babel fish says, for the fourth one: "Flame twilight change (original twilight specification seeking transformation)"

So she probably will transform into something, but they've given it a TP-esque name.

I'm guessing Naryu's Love, Fanore's Wind, and Din's Flame/Fire. The same moves she's always had. My guess is those are the Japanese version of each goddess's name and therefore not translated.

And the whole "Transformation" basically confirms Sheik is in.

So it seems Shiek has been confirmed to be in Brawl along with a look at Zelda's Final Smash:

(The following is taken out of one of the cards from the CoroCoro Magazine)

56073063420080110143829.jpg

I'm guessing Naryu's Love, Fanore's Wind, and Din's Flame/Fire. The same moves she's always had. My guess is those are the Japanese version of each goddess's name and therefore not translated.

And the whole "Transformation" basically confirms Sheik is in.

I don't know, Sheik isn't a TP character. And, as that's the basis for this iteration of Zelda, I find it hard to believe that she'd transform into a character that she never was. I won't be disappointed if Sheik doesn't appear either, because that was one of the most over powered characters Melee had. Nevertheless, from a game standpoint, I'd say that it doesn't seem likely. Could happen, but not likely.

Ninja edit: They're adding Phoenix Wright.

Well, browsing about I noticed a few things as far as a roster goes, so I decided to make my own little roster thing a while back of my predictions.

ssbbrosterrb0.png

Basically I truly believe we'll only get about 35 characters on a reasonable level, the unlockable ones in red. The additional green are others that may make it in if the rumored 40 is true, the ones in blue are like a personal taste, disregard those for whatever reasons.

Though I hate to say it, I don't think my mastered Falco is returning (at least not playable). So far there hasn't been much wrong with the icon theory holding a character for each icon, I'm led to believe the DS icon represents built-in software for both DS and Wii, this includes the Mii Channel. I personally do not see Ridley himself as playable. Not due to his size, but his build. Sakurai did mention others from the Metroid Prime Hunters series in his blog, which includes Sylux (and Weavel).

From Brawl Central:

Zelda's four specials are listed on the front of the card as "Din's Fire, Nayru's Love, Farore's Wind, and Twilight Change." The thing is, Zelda doesn't have a twilight change in Twilight Princess. The translation for the final Special move reads: "Twilight Change (Original Twilight version of Shiek transformation)" A rough translation says "Twilight version Seek Transformation". Seek is the Japanese version of Shiek, so there ya go. We have multiple translators confirming this.

So what we have is Zelda's down B turning her into a totally new version of Shiek. Cool.

Those Light Arrows look a lot cooler than Pit's, I think. We're starting to get a lot of bows and swords, though.

That roster is silly simply because you have Captain Falcon as an unlockable.

From the original Super Smash Brothers:

Unlock Captain Falcon

Beat the 1-Player game with any character on any diffculty in under 20 minutes. You will then fight Captain Falcon; if you win, you can play as Captain Falcon.

I'm not entirely sure where you were going with the icon theory, but I don't think that's the case. There are multiple characters that share the same icon. Although I highly doubt they'd oust the Cap'n, they only have his icon on the site to represent the Samurai Goroh AT so far. If Goroh's in, then the F-Zero universe is being represented, so everyone should stop worrying about Falcon. Besides.... RED ALLOY.

Well, I did say Falco, not Captain Falcon. Though I am not entirely sure if you were directing that part of the response to me or not.

In regards to the "icon theory;" So far almost every major icon representing a franchise used in the game has a character (exceptions of Animal Crossing and DS). In Melee and 64 they didn't use any icon for anything that didn't have a character already representing the series. Hell, not even Mach Rider or Baloon Fight music had an icon in their updates (or like the game "X" in Brawl, related to the Smash symbol), they were just matched with similar stage they were on. So far this hasn't changed for Brawl, for all we know those two icons I mentioned previously still may have a character to correspond to those icons.

Even if they change the icons (which granted, they may), it would be a first for the series. As it stands now, there ain't no real reason to say it has changed.

From the original Super Smash Brothers:

Unlock Captain Falcon

Beat the 1-Player game with any character on any diffculty in under 20 minutes. You will then fight Captain Falcon; if you win, you can play as Captain Falcon.

He was unlockable in that game because the F-Zero series consisted of two games

Now that it's a full flagship series he is a front face character, not some guy nobody has heard of

Being a well-known character has nothing to do with whether or not that character is unlockable. If that were the case, you'd never have to unlock pokemon, or most of the mario characters, ever again.

He is a face character

All of the unlockable characters in Melee were either secondary characters or characters from series that were not as popular as the others (Fire Emblem)

In SSB, it was the same deal, as Earthbound was a pretty cult game at that point and F Zero consisted of two games as opposed to like six or seven now

There is no reason for Falcon to be unlockable and the only argument the idiots who belive so have is the fact that he was in SSB, which is promptly disproven at any rate if you just read all of this post anyways

He is a face character

All of the unlockable characters in Melee were either secondary characters or characters from series that were not as popular as the others (Fire Emblem)

In SSB, it was the same deal, as Earthbound was a pretty cult game at that point and F Zero consisted of two games as opposed to like six or seven now

There is no reason for Falcon to be unlockable and the only argument the idiots who belive so have is the fact that he was in SSB, which is promptly disproven at any rate if you just read all of this post anyways

I've already mentioned the secondary theory; none of the original four unlockable characters have been revealed. Therefore, as a throwback to the original Smash Brothers, all four are probably (easily) unlockable.

He is a face character

There had been four F-Zero games by the time Melee was released, including one that had been released earlier that year, and the Ice Climbers had only one game -- and it was an ancient one that few had played. If unlockable status was reserved for the secondaries and the relative unknowns, why then were the Ice Climbers chosen over Falcon to be starting characters?

There had been four F-Zero games by the time Melee was released, including one that had been released earlier that year, and the Ice Climbers had only one game -- and it was an ancient one that few had played. If unlockable status was reserved for the secondaries and the relative unknowns, why then were the Ice Climbers chosen over Falcon to be starting characters?

Because the Ice Climbers were supposed to represent old school NES games, and we're chosen over Baloon Fighter and Mach Rider